The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1501 - Bigfoot Rapids to become Calico River Rapids
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 20 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby CedarFlags » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:50 am

WOFanatic wrote:
KBrylczyk wrote:^ These are in addition to the regular haunts, bud. Skeleton Key rooms as part of Frightlane.

Yeah... I'm aware. Worlds of Fun is doing 7 Skeleton Key rooms (each one new for 2016), so why is the industry leader doing 4?

Since they're not just additional rooms added to existing mazes, there's significantly more work that goes into each one. WoF is doing 7 mazes, and giving each one an extra room. Knott's is doing (best guess) 7 or 8 mazes, PLUS 4 additional add-on experiences that each need their own unique costumes, props, lighting, audio, etc... plus they have to create space for them as well.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:56 am

Freestyle23 wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/boy-12-dies-kansas-water-park-205428888.html just saw this on yahoo.com

Is there a reason you're spamming this in several threads that aren't the Schlitterbahn thread?
Tigga, please!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:39 am

Knotts made some more Announcements during scare la!
image.jpeg
Knott's Announced Infected will be back in a new location "backstage"...what does that mean for Camp Snoopy?
image.jpeg
Concept art for a cityscape in Infected
image.jpeg
The "boss" of Infected
image.jpeg
Elvira will also be back!
image.jpeg
Also part of the Haunt presentation was some cool historical things, like the layout of the very first Haunt maze!
image.jpeg
Bud Hurlburt's first attempted haunted log ride led to the creation of Haunt!
image.jpeg
KBF's first attempt at Halloween theming!
Last edited by Jew on Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:42 am.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:18 am

^Can't wait! :lover:

Thanks for the pictures Joey!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:34 pm

jtaudioacc wrote:i really can't say it's more tame or not. feels pretty much what i thought it would be. for me, i just think it's the amount of crazy coasters that have come out since to compare it to. technology has come a long way in the past 15 plus years.

but it's still a ton of fun, and can't wait for offseason when no one is there so i can marathon it when i'm bored. :br

Old Ghost Rider would still contend with a lot of the newer coasters. I think riders who have been on Raven, Legend, Tremors, or Timber Terror recently can attest to that. Ghost rider, at one point, was on that level. Anyways what's done is done.

Hoping Kbf has a major announcement for next year but haven't seen any major rumors lately. They're either being super secretive or there's nothing happening.
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Live 4 Coasters » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:06 pm

After my two rides this afternoon on GhostRider, I have now ridden in every row and have come to a conclusion on which is the best. Old GhostRider's best row was easily the very front, simply because it was the only row bearable enough to ride in. New GhostRider however, is much smoother, so the choice becomes more difficult. The front felt super fast, faster than the stats say it is. All middle rows feel pretty much the same. Not a lot of airtime, rather smooth. The back row offers the most airtime of all the rows, and while it is the roughest to ride, it is, in my opinion, the best. I also noticed New GhostRider seems to have more ejector airtime than Old GhostRider, which had more floater airtime.
Top 10: 1. Wicked Cyclone 2. Superman the Ride (SFNE) 3. GhostRider 4. Incredible Hulk 5. Cheetah Hunt 6. Xcelerator 7. Dragon Challenge (Chinese Fireball) 8. Tatsu 9. Twisted Colossus 10. California Screamin'

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby SoCalJasonland » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:03 pm

Gnome wrote:Hoping Kbf has a major announcement for next year but haven't seen any major rumors lately. They're either being super secretive or there's nothing happening.

I believe they are expanding Knott's Soak City with a new slide tower. Probably nothing new inside Knott's BF until 2018.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:31 am

Live 4 Coasters wrote:I also noticed New GhostRider seems to have more ejector airtime...

...huh?

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:57 pm

Knott's Berry Farm has sent us a press release about the latest additions to Knott's Soak City Water Park!

Knott’s Berry Farm announces an exciting expansion, renovations and new additions coming to Knott’s Soak City Water Park next summer.

Orange County’s largest water park will debut two water slide towers featuring exhilarating attractions geared for families and thrill seekers. Shore Break will tower over seven stories and offer six different thrilling water slide experiences. Four of the slides on the 60-foot tall tower will start with guests climbing inside an Aqua-Launch chamber where they will wait anxiously for the floor to drop out from underneath their feet, sending them into a high-speed, almost vertical free fall through a series of flat loops and S-curves in a translucent flume. Shore Break will also feature dueling tube slides that will zip riders through an enchanting series of drops and turns. The height requirements for Shore Break slides are 48 inches. The Wedge slide tower will take the location of the current Pacific Spin and will be an open air family raft ride. Up to six guests at a time will descend down navigating twists and turns and surprise drops. Height requirement for The Wedge is 48 inches or 40 inches when accompanied by a supervising companion. Guests will be able to experience both water slide towers when Knott’s Soak City Water Park opens for the summer season in May 2017.

The expansion project will also include updated shaded seating areas, cabanas and a remodeled Longboard’s Grill to the water park. Construction is set to begin on September 12 and a grand-reopening is scheduled for summer 2017.

A 2017 Knott’s Gold Season Pass is the best way to experience all of the new additions coming to Knott’s Soak City Water Park next year. 2017 Gold Season Passes include one free admission during the 2016 season to Knott’s Berry Farm and Knott’s Soak City Water Park, unlimited visits in 2017 to both parks with no blackout dates, discounts on select food and merchandise, and access to exciting year-round seasonal events. 2017 Season Passes will be available beginning August 26 at the best offer of the year for a limited time on knotts.com or soakcityoc.com.

For more information about Knott’s Berry Farm and Knott’s Soak City please visit knotts.com, soakcityoc.com or download the Knott's Berry Farm app for your smart phone. Join the conversation about the new ride using the #KnottsSoakCity.
Knott's Soak City 2017 Expansion Concept Art.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I'm WAY cooler than Henry M.

Postby Lameformer » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:50 pm

The expansion looks pretty sick. I feel like those new slides are going to take the park to the next level. It sucks that they're getting rid of Pacific Spin, but it's probably a worthwhile sacrifice.
Life is like a roller coaster- it has its ups, its downs, its heartline rolls, its batwings, its immelmanns, its corkscrews, is pretzel loops, its..... never mind.

Credits: 56
1.Twisted Colossus 2.X2 3.Tatsu 4.Xcelerator 5.GhostRider 6.YOLOcoaster 7.Superman: Escape From Krypton 8.Rock N Roller Coaster 9.Riddler's Revenge 10.Batman: The Ride

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!