The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1538: Knott's 100th Anniversary & Bear-y Tales announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:22 pm

Knott's Berry Farm has announced two new experience that will honor the park's 100-year anniversary. Knott's 100th Anniversary: A Knott's Family Reunion will be a special celebration with food, merchandise, entertainment and more inspired by the park's history. Knott's Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair is a new dark ride that will revisit the beloved characters of the former attraction in a new and interactive experience.

https://www.knotts.com/play/events/100th-anniversary?utm_source=social-media&utm_medium=kbf-boost&utm_campaign=100th&utm_content=bear-y-tales-announce

Knotts100.JPG

Knott's 100th Anniversary: A Knott's Family Reunion
A Tribute to the Knott Family's History - Coming May 15 - August 30, 2020

Southern California's original theme park, Knott's Berry Farm, commemorates its 100-year anniversary with a grand summer-long celebration paying tribute to the Knott family's rich history and legacy of family fun for all. "The Knott's Family Reunion" is a chance for friends and families to come together to relive their favorite Knott's remembrances while also creating unforgettable, exciting new memories. Guests will be immersed in a once-in-a-lifetime celebration featuring festive park décor, themed food items, unique entertainment, exclusive merchandise and special surprises along the way, all paying homage to the nostalgia that surrounds the historic theme park.

Knott’s Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair
An all-new 4-D interactive dark ride opening Summer 2020

kbf-100anniversary-bearytales-img.jpg

"A Knott's Family Reunion," will bring together old classics with new favorites, which includes the continuation of the beloved Bear-y Tales story in an all-new 4-D interactive dark ride. "Knott's Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair" will take guests on an exciting journey through reimagined show scenes from the original dark ride, including the Boysenberry Pie Factory, Frog Forest, Fortune Teller Camp, Thunder Cave, and Weird Woods, culminating in a celebration at the County Fair. The story takes place 34 years after the original adventure and follows Boysen Bear and Girlsen Bear as they travel to the Country Fair to earn the blue ribbon prize for their famous boysenberry pies, but Crafty Coyote is back along with his mischievous pups intent on stealing all the pies for themselves. Guests will climb aboard ride vehicles equipped with jelly blasters to try and recover the stolen boysenberry pies as they travel through whimsical and beautiful environments while competing for the highest score.

This is what was sent to passholders:

Knott's Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair

An all-new adventure will make its debut as part of the 100th anniversary celebration in summer 2020. This 4D interactive dark ride will bring to life a continuation of the story from the classic attraction. Guests will climb aboard ride vehicles equipped with "Jelly Blasters" and be immersed in the world of the Bear-y Tales characters to try and recover the stolen boysenberry pies from Crafty Coyote and his brood of pups. Families can ride through and take in the expansive surroundings or compete for the highest score. With all of the classic scenes reimagined including the Pie Factory, Frog Forest, and County Fair, this will be a journey like never experienced before!

Coming Summer 2020
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:01 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:42 pm

But will it have a "crab as big as a cow"?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:33 pm

So is this replacing another attraction or is it a new build?

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:36 pm

The Orange County Register said it's replacing Voyage to the Iron Reef. Sounds like they're putting a new shooting dark ride using the Iron Reef ride system.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:44 pm

cfc wrote:The Orange County Register said it's replacing Voyage to the Iron Reef. Sounds like they're putting a new shooting dark ride using the Iron Reef ride system.

I hope they add animatronics. Lower budget CGI isn’t really a tribute.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:46 pm

I mean... whatever. I liked Voyage to the Iron Reef but it wasn't a must-ride either. I'm sort of expecting this to be the same type of thing (though you never know). I guess one advantage of having a ride that's almost entirely screens is that you can switch it up whenever you want so good for Knott's for keeping things fresh.
Last edited by coasterbill on Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:47 pm.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:51 pm

cfc wrote:The Orange County Register said it's replacing Voyage to the Iron Reef. Sounds like they're putting a new shooting dark ride using the Iron Reef ride system.

This is exactly what I was expecting especially considering that Iron Reef is in the post of the old Bear-y tales ride.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:53 pm

I really never understood why all the Californians hated Voyage to the Iron Reef so much! I get this will have the nostalgia factor, but I'm still shocked they gave up on Iron Reef so fast.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:55 pm

^Same! I thought it was a pretty cool ride with a great finale.

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:55 pm

SharkTums wrote:I really never understood why all the Californians hated Voyage to the Iron Reef so much! I get this will have the nostalgia factor, but I'm still shocked they gave up on Iron Reef so fast.

Same here. I liked Iron Reef, and didn't understand all the local hate, either.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!