The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1501 - Bigfoot Rapids to become Calico River Rapids
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A village is missing its IDIOT!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby XYZ » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:22 pm

Yeah, I agree that Log Peeler fits in really well, though it's no big loss if it's removed.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Timberline Twister was one of the more lively kiddie coasters, but I guess I have no reason to miss it. It will be interesting to see the new developments; I like the rumors but so far the truth seems pretty well-concealed.

So Log Peeler was a Mini-Scrambler, I see...never would've guessed that from the name. Gr8 Sk8 seems like the kind of ride that could still be marketable in other parks--not too different from rides still being added elsewhere.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby arby » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:09 pm

Wow, I can't believe we skipped Timberline Twister when we were there about two weeks ago. The line was too long so I figured I'd pick it up next time I was there.

Never look a gift kiddie credit in the mouth - whatever that means ;)

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Gmaster562 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Ill be satisfied only if they keep the Huff and Puff - the closest thing to manual labor these kiddos will ever have to face.
"I love the loop de loops".

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby rcdude » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:00 pm

^^Are you under 69"? If not, there is no way you could ride Timberline Twister as the park has been very strict about the height requirement in my experience.

Randomman295 wrote:I could easily see GR8 SK8 leaving because the capacity is crap and nobody ever rope that thing anyway. There may be no point in taking out Log Peeler however. It's literally the smallest flat ride I've ever seen and I have no idea what would go in place of it as there's a food stand nearby and a shop right next to it.

The main reason I can see Log Peeler being removed is because Pacific Scrambler has the same minimum height restriction (as long as you're accompanied by an adult). The ride's footprint is probably big enough to accommodate most basic kiddie rides (such as Zamperla's catalogue), but even that would be a bit of a tight fit.
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Nitro, Apollo's Chariot, Maverick, Banshee
Top 5 Wood: Boulder Dash, El Toro, Thunderhead, Gold Striker, Lightning Racer
Top 3 Parks: Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Cedar Point
TPR Trips: IntimidaTour 2010, North East Trip 2011, LeviaTHON 2012, Mini Tours 2014 (New Hotness & East Coast)

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:15 am

Camp Snoopy 30th Anniversary Logo_small.jpg
From Knotts.com

2014 marks the beginning of an exciting time in Knott’s history as its treasured Camp Snoopy celebrates the big 3-0 with a complete restoration of the entire land! Today, Knott’s Berry Farm is proud to announce the three new rides coming to the land of High Sierra fun: Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer, Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies and Linus Launcher. The addition of the three new family rides, built by Zamperla, demonstrates Knott’s commitment to reinvestment in one of the most beloved children’s areas ever created.

- Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer invites campers to “fly a kite” with Charlie Brown and soar above the land’s winding paths and babbling streams – but watch out for the kite-eating tree! This 32-passenger adventure allows guests to sit side-by-side on 16 swings for a spin that whisks riders up to 18 feet above the ground. As the tree rises, good ol’ Charlie Brown is revealed upside down and all tied up in kite string! Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer will replace Snoopy Bounce.

- Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies lets tykes climb aboard their very own all-terrain vehicle for an adventurous ride around the High Sierras. Six four-seater ATVs will spin, bounce, and bump up to 24 guests at a time, while Pig Pen looks on from his center perch. Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies will replace Log Peeler.

- Linus Launcher recreates that classic Peanut’s moment when Snoopy grabs Linus’ blanket and launches him on a wild ride. On Linus Launcher, guests lay on one of twelve “blankets” as they fly round and round. Up to 24 guests lay side-by-side while Snoopy launches them up almost 10 feet in the air. Guests will enjoy a Woodstock’s-eye view of Huff ‘n Puff, The Grizzly Creek Lodge, and all of Camp Snoopy below! Linus Launcher will replace Charlie Brown’s Speedway.

Get a sneak peak of the revitalized area with an all new preview sketch, featuring the new rides. In the picturesque rendering, the three new attractions are stunningly depicted: Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies (front left); Charlie Brown’s Kite Flyer (front right); Linus Launcher (back right).

During construction, Knott’s will share exciting announcements and progress through a series of weekly updates on Knotts.com. Over the next several weeks, Knott’s will unveil new changes to the land and take readers behind the scenes of this enormous construction project. Join the conversation on social media using #CampSnoopy to track even more updates on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Camp Snoopy construction began on January 6th and will continue until the grand re-opening in early summer. Don’t miss any of the exciting news from Knott’s Berry Farm in 2014!

A 2014 Season Pass is a great way to experience all of Knott’s Farm Fresh Fun all year long! Knott’s Berry Farm Season Passes are now available online for just six easy payments of $14.00.
Camp Snoopy 2014.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:28 am.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby disney4me2001 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:32 am

Nice! Is it sad that the first thing I thought of when I read about Charlie Brown's Kite Flyer was that it's going to be a Windseeker Jr.? :lmao:

So it looks like we were right about Log Peeler and Snoopy Bounce leaving, though I'm a little bit surprised at Charlie Brown's Speedway getting removed. But then again, I don't pay much attention to Camp Snoopy, so maybe someone can shed some light on this.
Feel free to add me on The Simpsons Tapped Out: 1337me_69

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:43 am

Looking good. Great additions to an already well rounded park.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:58 am

I'm glad they've stuck with the "Camp Snoopy" theme as opposed to the more generic "Plant Snoopy" sections they've installed in other parks. The "Planets" are nice, but the "Camp" has more charm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Looks great!

My little sister loved Log Peeler and Charlie Brown Speedway, but maybe I can get her to ride these new rides. Out with the old and in with the new!
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!