The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1501 - Bigfoot Rapids to become Calico River Rapids
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby Thrillseeker321 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:19 am

The pictures of Silver Bullet and Windseeker in the fog were incredible. Hopefully I can make it next year for their New years Eve party.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Gmaster562 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Went to the park today with some friends, and the crowds were almost nothing for the most part. Boomerang got stuck on its 1rst lift twice throughout the day. Xcelerator broke down once, and perilous plunge had constant issues, one even included the ride to shut down its water on the drop for about a half hour. The crowd shouldnt be large this week, as most schools (Except mine =) ) are in session.The park opened at 10:00 and closed at 7:00.
"I love the loop de loops".

ODS Drummer

Postby Crazy4Coasters! » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Hey guys the Travel channel is looking for riders for Xcelerator at Knott's Berry Farm for a show on the Travel Channel. Follow the link for the email to send your request.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61506#p1131419

And yes they changed the location from Magic Mountain to Knott's Berry Farm
-Josh
ImageImage

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Gmaster562 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Crazy4Coasters! wrote:Hey guys the Travel channel is looking for riders for Xcelerator at Knott's Berry Farm for a show on the Travel Channel. Follow the link for the email to send your request.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61506#p1131419

And yes they changed the location from Magic Mountain to Knott's Berry Farm

Are the age requirements the same?
"I love the loop de loops".

ODS Drummer

Postby Crazy4Coasters! » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:09 pm

Yes.
-Josh
ImageImage

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Knott's Berry Farm has sent us a press release regarding their upcoming even celebrating the sixtieth anniversary of the Calico Railroad and Ghost Town.

Knott’s Berry Farm will celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the Ghost Town and Calico Railroad with four days of events starting January 12-15. Scheduled activities include tours of the Knott’s Calico and Ghost Town roundhouse and private car the “Edna,” a model train display, atmosphere talent, and a historic photo display.

Kicking off the four day event will be a re-creation of the opening Golden Spike Ceremony and will include the rededication and renaming of engine 41, which will now take the name of Knott’s founder, Walter Knott. Special guests for the Golden Spike Ceremony, which will take place at 11:00 am on January 12, include Walter Knott’s daughter, Marion Knott and Orange County newscaster and former Knott’s stagecoach cowboy, Ed Arnold.

Knott’s Boardwalk Ballroom will be the site of the Del Oro Pacific Modular Railroad one of the largest and oldest “G” scale modular layouts in the United States. The layout includes elaborate displays including a forest scene, Hollywood soundstage, industrial area and a model airplane park. The Boardwalk Ballroom will also feature a historic photo display with images from the opening day of the train in 1952.

For a small fee guests can sign up for a tour of the Ghost Town and Calico Railroad Roundhouse and the private car the “Edna.” Built in 1881 for the personal use of the President of the Rio Grande Southern Railway, the Edna private car features a sitting/dining room, bedroom and galley. The Knott’s Ghost Town and Calico Railroad Roundhouse tour takes you backstage to see where Knott’s repairs and stores their locomotives and passenger cars.

Knott’s will also be offering a one-of-a-kind experience, Dinner on the Durango. For $50 guests will board the “Durango” and will be served a three course meal as they ride the rail back to the glory days of the railroad. Built in 1880, the Durango is a 14 seat parlor car featuring swivel chairs, electric lights and a fully functional buffet.

Model train exhibit, photo display and daytime train rides are included with park admission. Tours of the Roundhouse and the Edna are available for $5 per person. Reservations for Dinner on the Durango are available of Friday, January 13 and Saturday, January 14 and can be made by calling (714) 220-5298. To find out everything that is happening at Knott’s Berry Farm visit http://www.knotts.com
image001.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Awesome, I'll be there Thursday!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:10 pm

^^Awesome! I love events like this at Knott's. They remind me that the park has not been 100% Cedar Fair-ized yet.

Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:13 am

^As much as people think it will be Cedar Fair-ized, There's way too much history for that to happen anytime soon. Just walking through Ghst town gives a different feel than any other Cedar Fair park. It's always going to be different from all the other parks. I think once the big whigs embrace that, the park will flourish to a point where even te enthusiast will be speechless.
"...and SuperKing, the best one of the three!"

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby galindoverhere » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Considering the park size for KBF, I think it's worth being a Cedar Fair park.. I mean with their 118ft. tall woodie, their Intamin 205ft. launch coaster and Camp Snoopy, does it NOT have what almost any other CF park has? It's also a great park to visit during summer nights, just like Cedar Point.. in my pinion of course ;)
- Chris G.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!