The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1314 - HangTime Dive Coaster Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: WestCoasterKing and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby WOFanatic » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:53 pm

What if (talking absolutely absurd right now) their 2018 attraction is a super extended accelerator that utilizes Boomerang's old spot to add length to the ride? Now, I want to make it clear that NO WAY IN HELL do I think this is happening, but it would fall in line with Matt's "Manufacturer we haven't worked with in recent history" quote.
Favorites: 1. Maverick 2. Outlaw Run 3. Rougarou 4. Raptor 5. Top Thrill Dragster 6. Shockwave (SFOT) 7. Prowler 8. American Thunder 9. Batman 10. Mamba 11. Gatekeeper 12. Gemini 13. Valravn 14. Millennium Force 15. Powder Keg

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby bf9 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:56 pm

My last minute prediction...

Rebuilding Windjammer.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby firebird81 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:59 pm

ONE MINUTE!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:00 pm

FFS PEOPLE STOP POSTING!!!!!!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:00 pm

The Only Dive Coaster on the West Coast to debut at Knott’s Berry Farm in 2018

Buena Park, Calif. – Knott’s Berry Farm will welcome HangTime, a brand new steel rollercoaster - and the only dive coaster on the West Coast - to the theme park in the 2018 summer season. HangTime will tower 150 feet over the Boardwalk area, showcasing gravity-defying inversions, mid-air suspensions and twisting dive tracks.
HangTime will send riders up a vertical lift hill into a raised 96-degree drop - the steepest drop in California. The coaster’s train will come to a halt once the highest peak is reached, and will leave riders suspended at the crest for several seconds at a 60-degree angle, giving the illusion of a disappearing track. Then the train will suddenly descend in a beyond-vertical drop, through 2,198 feet of steel track and five gravity-defying inversions. HangTime will be only the second rollercoaster in the Western Hemisphere to feature a negative-g stall loop, which gives riders the sensation of floating.

“HangTime’s disappearing track creates a memorable illusion of the unknown as riders feel like they are hanging over a cliff, staring at the ground in nervous anticipation,” said Jon Storbeck, vice president and general manager, Knott’s Berry Farm. “People who crave that adrenaline rush will want to ride this coaster again and again. Introducing a coaster like HangTime firmly positions Knott’s Berry Farm as a must see attraction among Southern California theme parks, and we look forward to welcoming our guests to this new experience.”

HangTime’s ride structure itself will come to life and illuminate the Boardwalk area with colorful nighttime track chase lighting that will accompany the coaster train’s travels across the smooth steel track. The coaster continues Knott’s legacy in rollercoaster innovation and industry firsts; the park introduced the very first corkscrew inversion rollercoaster with Corkscrew, and the first flywheel launch coaster with Montezuma’s Revenge.

HangTime is manufactured by Gerstlauer Amusement Rides, GmbH, and is the company’s next- generation “infinity coaster” model.

HangTime Basic Stats:
• Height: 150 feet
• Track Length: 2,198 feet
• Capacity: 3 trains with 16 single passenger carrying units each
• Maximum velocity 57 mph

Ride Features
• 150-foot Vertical Lift
• 96-degree First Drop
• 5 Inversions
• Holding Break at 60 degrees- ride will hang guests looking down over the first drop before starting
• The Negative-G Stall Loop- only the 2nd roller coaster in the Western Hemisphere to have this feature offering unprecedented hang time
• Colorful nighttime track chase lighting that will accompany the coaster train as it travels across the track
HangTime Day Time Rendering With Logo.jpg
HangTime Nighttime Rendering.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:25 pm.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby EliHorton » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:09 pm

WOWWIE! Looks awesome! I actually really like the name! And I love the color scheme! It looks really fresh and will fit well in that section.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby EliHorton » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:12 pm

Is there a POV video yet?

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby firebird81 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:12 pm

OH HELL YES!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:13 pm

EliHorton wrote:Is there a POV video yet?

Not yet.

I donut like this custom title :(

Postby yay101 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:14 pm

Also, is HangTime the first non-B&M Dive Coaster? I'm not sure if Takabisha counts or not since it doesn't completely stop.
Favourite Coaster: SkyRush
Other Favourites: Storm Chaser, Lightning Run, Blue Streak (CP), Voyage, Alpengeist, Apollo's Chariot, Phoenix, Goliath (SFGAm), Storm Runner, Raptor (CP), and Magnum XL-200

I liked T3 and KD's Shockwave...yes I am that guy

If Magnum XL-200 dies we riot

"I got first place. Not literally first place, but you know what I mean"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!