The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1501 - Bigfoot Rapids to become Calico River Rapids
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Freefallbestrideever » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:08 am

This ride totally rules. I road in the very back and as we were going over the lift, it jerked a little (i was leaning on the lap bar) so it caught me by surprise. The drop was totally awesome, as well as that heavily banked turn near the end :lolr: Kind of reminded me of X :airtime:
Coasters: 59
Assume nothing; Question everything

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ivanb543 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:43 am

i rode the sierra sidewinder yesterday
i underestimated it it goes pretty fast for a camp snoopy ride and the spinning on the cars makes it super fun

but yeah at the top of the lift hill the whole train jerks a little before going down
other than that i think knott's made a good decision in adding this because its intense but family friendly

another thing:
i noticed the cameras on the car
i think they wont be able to take very good onride pictures because of the awkward angle the camera is at
i guess we'll have to wait and see

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby TatsuTerror » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:04 am

It looks to me like a very wide angle lens, so I think it'll be alright.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby jdsmartdude911 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:40 am

Just rode this earlier today, crazy ride. I really underestimated it!
That back row is great.
New count: 73!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:42 am

ivanb543 wrote:i rode the sierra sidewinder yesterday
i underestimated it it goes pretty fast for a camp snoopy ride and the spinning on the cars makes it super fun

but yeah at the top of the lift hill the whole train jerks a little before going down
other than that i think knott's made a good decision in adding this because its intense but family friendly

another thing:
i noticed the cameras on the car
i think they wont be able to take very good onride pictures because of the awkward angle the camera is at
i guess we'll have to wait and see

Hi, just curious. Does your keyboard not have a "Shift" key on it? Please read our "posting rules" in regards to using correct spelling, grammar, and...um...oh yeah CAPITALIZATION!!!!

Thank you!

--Robb

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:23 am

Rode this on Thursday, while I do realize it's a new ride and all, the queue was full and with two trains, it was still a half hour wait. It's a fun little ride but I feel it's one of those rides you ride only at night and with a 20 minute wait or less.

I opted to wait for the last row since I knew it was going to be my only ride for the day (literally, I drove home right after) and the lift is pretty steep. The jerk at the end of the lift can be quite painful for taller people. I'm 5'9" and still managed to hit my knee, and it hurt. The car spun a few times in the beginning, but I ended up facing backward for most of the ride. It would be a much better ride if they added a little bit more. It would have also help pad the ride time to avoid keeping the second train stacked for so long. The cool thing is the trains readjust themselves free of the station, so you don't even have to wait to be in the station to get back into (un)load position. I'm sure that cuts down the wait time dramatically.

Overall it's a great ride for families with little ones and a perfect fit for Camp Snoopy. Good job Knott's.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:47 am

^^ I got to be honest, no capitalization really doesn't bother me, so I just found it funny that you picked it up because it didn't really register till you said something. Because then I looked back and I was like, omg, he's right. Heh, imagine that. :Pr

Anyways, we're going to have to call Sierra Sidewinder something other then SS because it could also be Supreme Scream. I suggest we shall now forever refer to Supreme Scream as just Supreme, or call Sierra Sidewinder "Sierra"
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby jdsmartdude911 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:56 pm

^Don't forget theres also Screamin' Swing!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Top Thrill Dragster » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:27 pm

Anyways, we're going to have to call Sierra Sidewinder something other then SS because it could also be Supreme Scream. I suggest we shall now forever refer to Supreme Scream as just Supreme, or call Sierra Sidewinder "Sierra"

How about SSW.
Apollos Chariot #1!

I love donkeys more than me.

The Pony Express...coming to Knotts in 2008!

Postby Manic Monte » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:42 pm

Cedar Fair has announced it's plans for 2008, including new thrill ride for Knotts!

http://www.cedarfair.com/ir/press_relea ... ory_id=142

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!