SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 608: Craft Beer Festival & Jack Hanna Weekend report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:49 pm

Thanks! That makes sense.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Magic Mountain & Disney California Adventure

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:37 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:I was evacuated from Air, and they release the foot restraints so that your feet touch the step beneath, then they release the overhead restraint and you kinda walk out from underneath with the car still in the flying position. Before they open the restraint they ask you to push your back into the seat so when they unlock the restraints it isn't as if you 'drop' out of the restraint because your feet take the pressure. It was quite simple although I think a few people were a bit worried when they said they were going to evac.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I'm pretty sure I would crap myself if I ever had to evacuate from Tatsu. That lift hill is awesome but also incredibly terrifying being so high up on the mountain.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:12 am

The SeaWorld parks "Blue Friday" deals are live now. Not as many good deals on the season passes like in previous years but $60 for a 2 day Aquatica/SeaWorld Orlando ticket, and $70 fora 2 day SeaWorld/Busch Gardens is pretty good. Might be worth grabbing for anyone who plans to be in Orlando at some point during 2019.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:42 am

A.J. wrote:Here at the park today, and Manta had an evacuation...

Hopefully the riders didn't have to endure the exhaust of the evac platform motor being blown in their faces as it moves into position. I was close to getting carbon monoxide poisoning while waiting to get evac'd off of Tatsu a couple years ago. :lol:
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Postby coasterbill » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:18 am

Heads up to anyone looking to take advantage of Blue Friday... the website says that the promo code to save 30% off of everything in the store is "Sale30" but it's not. It's "Save30" which I found out by (after having it fail a bunch of times) assuming they were dumb and typed it wrong and being right.

The sale has been up for days, why they haven't fixed that I'll never know.

PS: BOGO Dine with Shamu is a steal. It's effectively $15 a person. If you're visiting in the next few months and don't jump on that then you're insane.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!