SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 608: Craft Beer Festival & Jack Hanna Weekend report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Orlando Discussion Thread

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:11 am

^Ah, you're right, but most thrilling family ride in Orlando probably is up there with most thrilling family ride in the world. I consider all of the Disney coasters (except RnR) to be "family rides" so to be more thrilling than Everest and Space Mountain it will have to be a pretty decent coaster. I still think this will be some type of interactive dark ride.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:16 am

Until they devise an accurate scientific method for calculating the level of "thrill," it's all just marketing talk anyway, guys. :wink:

It'll have penguins. I'm already sold.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:18 am

^Hopefully penguins with rockets strapped to their backs !!

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:18 am

Exactly.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:56 am

BeemerBoy wrote:Until they devise an accurate scientific method for calculating the level of "thrill," it's all just marketing talk anyway, guys.

Obviously you recreate all of the Orlando attractions in Roller Coaster Tycoon and whichever one has the highest "excitement" rating is the best.

Duh.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby robmiester » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:39 pm

Hopefully SWO can get a "Brrr"bolten of it's own... Lame joke, yes.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:48 pm

Swimace wrote:Obviously you recreate all of the Orlando attractions in Roller Coaster Tycoon and whichever one has the highest "excitement" rating is the best.

Duh.

Andrew wins for quote of the week!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:25 am

I would be really surprised by a coaster of any kind but a typical dark ride would be lacking in the thrill department. Could still be anything I guess but a dark ride with some thrilling element would be my guess.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:00 pm

Today SeaWorld Orlando invited TPR to get some information and a sneak peek at their new Christmas season show "O Wondrous Night." Watch the video below... you'll get to see Robb puppeteer a donkey! Yes! It was amazing!

O Wondrous Night – The Story Greatest Never Told. This living nativity show tells the Christmas Story, with more than 30 carols and told through the eyes of the animals that were there. Everyone will be entertained by this touching, light-hearted and glorious celebration featuring a host of angels, animals and the true glory of Christmas.

Waves of holiday spirit splash over the park during SeaWorld Orlando’s Christmas Celebration. With everything from elves to Elmo, and Santa to Shamu, lifelong memories are made in a watery, wintery wonderland that only SeaWorld could create. Holiday events take place Friday through Sunday nights, November 25 - Dec. 11, and nightly December 16 – 31.

The best way to experience SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration is with a SeaWorld Fun Card, which includes unlimited visits to SeaWorld through 2012, all for the price of a single day’s admission. Those from out of town or with limited time can take advantage of the Kids Free promotion, which allows kids free admission with every full-paid adult admission. The Kids Free offer is available now through Dec. 25, 2011.

1.jpg
Christmas at SeaWorld Orlando is shaping up!
2.jpg
The Polar Express now open for the Christmas season.
3.jpg
Theme Park Review is at SeaWorld Orlando for a media preview of "O Wondrous Night!
4.jpg
"O Wondrous Night" Is the "greatest story never told!"
5.jpg
The stage for the new show.
6.jpg
SeaWorld Orlando VP of Entertainment, Michael Fletcher, tells us a bit about the new show.
7.jpg
BT McNicholl, show director "It's the story of the nativity, but as told from the eyes of the animals who where there."
8.jpg
Scott Hitz from the Monkey Boys demonstrates some of the puppets that are used in the show.
9.jpg
TPR fully approves of any show that uses donkey puppets...but it goes better!
10.jpg
The puppet animals actually come to life!
11.jpg
Donkeys, Alpacas, Oh My!
12.jpg
And yes, they even let Robb Alvey try his hand (pun totally intended) at puppeteering a donkey! (Watch the video!!!)
13.jpg
The rest of the park is decked out in the Christmas spirit!
14.jpg
SeaWorld Orlando boasts a bigger Christmas event than in previous years.
15.jpg
Need to check out the Christmas Sesame Street show as well.
16.jpg
TPR will be back to check out the SeaWorld Orlando Christmas event in full swing very soon!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:13 pm

I was always very impressed with SeaWorld's Christmas event and the addition of this show it looks like this years event should be very strong again. The Polar Express overlay is always pretty cool, and the the ice skating show at the Stadium was always very entertaining. I personally wasn't a huge fan of the Shamu Christmas Miracles show but know a lot of people that absolutely LOVE it (I prefer Shamu rocks), but the late night shows always meant walk on or station waits for Manta and Kraken which is a plus.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!