SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 604 - Infinity Falls Ride Video!
Users viewing this topic: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:00 pm

SeaWorld and Busch Gardens has for many years excelled in their seasonal events, and with the return of Electric Ocean at SeaWorld Orlando, there is once again another event at the park that exceeds expectations! Building upon last year's strong debut, the event has been beefed up with a new show, new food and the same vibrant energy that made Electric Ocean so great before!

TPR was invited to attend a media event for Electric Ocean, previewing this year's food options, the new Touch the Sky show at the Whale and Dolphin Stadium as well as having time to enjoy the rest of the event offerings throughout the park!

As you'll see in our report below, Electric Ocean is an even better event than it was last year and if SeaWorld Orlando's great coasters, shows and food weren't enough to entice you to visit before, Electric Ocean should help to tip the scale to convince you to give the park your time--you'll be glad you did!
1.JPG
If there's one thing to be said about Electric Ocean, it is that the schedule of events naturally guides you on a linear flow throughout the park (if you intend to see every show). Starting with Touch the Sky, you then move to Sea Lions Tonite, followed by POP and then ending with Club Sea Glow and Ignite. With time in between showings and each offering located extremely close to the next, this allows for a minimized need for planning and a greater ability to simply follow the flow of Electric Ocean's nightly schedule.
2.JPG
Up first for us was some delicious food! We started with the pork and chicken pinchos!
3.JPG
Next up were two types of empanadas, a savory beef and cheese empanada and a sweet guava and cheese empanada. Both were generously sized and delicious!
4.JPG
New this year were customizable Totchos, allowing you to layer your tots with chicken, pulled pork, chili, cheese, jalapenos, sour cream and salsa!
5.JPG
Also new this year were four types of steam bao bun sandwiches: Hawaiian pork, sweet & sour duck, ahi tuna and a nutella, banana and peanut buttter sauce bun!
6.JPG
My fairly conservative pulled pork totchos.
7.JPG
We'll revisit this sign later tonight...
8.JPG
New this year to the event lineup is Touch the Sky, an Electric Ocean-exclusive extra show at Whale and Dolphin Stadium.
9.JPG
Touch the Sky takes the best elements of Dolphin Days (and past shows in this theater) but adds a little more energy than the normal informative but entertaining shows that run here daily.
10.JPG
The show harkens back to some of the more exciting moments from Blue Horizons.
11.JPG
Some of the best dolphin behaviors are brought back for this show...
12.JPG
Including my favorite!
13.JPG
Definitely worth watching!
14.PNG
I didn't realize until I Shazam'd one of the songs I was hearing, but SeaWorld actually released a soundtrack for Electric Ocean to be purchased on iTunes... I highly recommend Feeling Electric for any of you techno fans out there!
15.JPG
Next up was Sea Lions Tonite!
16.JPG
A staple for many years at SeaWorld's Summer/evening events, this is easily the best Clyde & Seamore show out there (since Hotel Clyde & Seamore has long since been out of business).
17.JPG
The show is one giant parody of a guest's day at SeaWorld Orlando and nothing is safe from being addressed... Including park entrance security procedures.
18.JPG
A classic bit that has been updated slightly over the years to change from Kraken to Manta to Mako.
19.JPG
Of course, there are volunteers from the audience.
20.JPG
And kids in the splash zone get a little wet!
21.JPG
The show is also great in that it brings back the classic SeaWorld Mime back into the fold!
22.JPG
Next up was "SeaWorld and Bubble Legendary present POP!"
23.JPG
The show's "bubble artist" does some incredible things with bubbles during the 30+ minute show!
24.JPG
I will say, the show is best enjoyed up close, so get a seat early and thank me later!
25.JPG
The show deals with bubbles big and small.
26.JPG
And each segment of the show works with bubbles in a different way.
27.JPG
The volcano was pretty neat.
28.JPG
Cute!
29.JPG
The show ends with an all-out barrage of bubbles filling the Nautilus Theater. It was an insanely cool way to cap off the show!
30.JPG
A raft from Infinity Falls is now out on display near the future ride area.
31.JPG
Shamu's Happy Harbor is quickly being torn down to make way for the new Sesame Street area. I have lots of fond memories in this play area as a kid, but I'm excited to see the park investing in reworking the space in such a significant (and sure to be successful) way.
32.JPG
Mako is now in clear view from the middle of Shamu Stadium.
33.JPG
Shamu's Celebration: Light Up The Night debuted a few years ago to replace Shamu Rocks, and while I prefer the previous show, this one does a great job of preserving the high energy and fun of the evening killer whale shows of the past.
34.JPG
More theatrical and less educational than One Ocean, the audience can't get enough!
35.JPG
And of course, those sitting in the splash zone won't go home dry.
36.JPG
Seeing a Shamu show is a quintessential part of the SeaWorld experience, and if you can only choose one during your day at the park, Light Up The Night is definitely worth seeing if the show is scheduled.
37.JPG
Decor is set up near the event area that helps bring the glow to Electric Ocean.
38.JPG
Some neat trash art near Wild Arctic.
39.JPG
Club Sea Glow is a giant dance party on the Atlantic Bayside Stadium stage.
40.JPG
Performers entertain while guests wait for the start of the event's special fireworks, Ignite.
41.JPG
There's definitely a lot to take in!
42.JPG
Some may remember Laserman from elecTRONica at Disney California Adventure. He now performs for his second year at Electric Ocean as an extra pre-show before the start of the fireworks.
43.JPG
Ignite is a show combining fountains, lasers, fire and fireworks...
44.JPG
Think of it almost like SeaWorld's World of Color, exception there are no projection screens and this show has fireworks.
45.JPG
Lots of fireworks!
46.JPG
Also, lots of fire!
47.JPG
And a combination of it all!
48.JPG
Making our way past more glow decor on the way out...
49.JPG
Electric Ocean is a stellar Summer event for SeaWorld Orlando. It builds upon the already wonderful offerings presented at the park year round and gives guests event more reason to stay til park close. From the new food options to the newest shows, Electric Ocean is an even stronger event this year and one that is well worth your time, whether you're a local or a visitor to Orlando.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby djmadmanray » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:58 am

Thanks for the report. We have never stayed at the park late enough for this. We will definitely plan on staying sometime now. Thanks again!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:04 am

Love all the updates from this park. The only bummer is shamu happy harbor. My kids love that area and could spend all day there.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby jray21 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:52 am

Nice report! That food looked really good, and the shows looked like a lot of fun.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:16 pm

SWO is advertising on their Instagram that VR is back on Kraken.
Screenshot_20180614-181836.png

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:11 am

^ :cry: I'm glad it wasn't on there when we were just there a couple months ago!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Ass is another word for Donkey!

Postby teacherkim » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:14 pm

To all the locals....we will be at Seaworld on July 28th. Anybody heard about an opening date for infinity falls? Any chance it will be open by then? Or is everyone in the dark on this?

Best food in the park?

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:06 pm

The two dining options I love at the park are Mama's Pretzel Kitchen and Dine with Shamu.

Mama's Pretzel Kitchen sells pretzels that are basically doughy crack. They are better than anything you'll get at Wetzel's or Auntie Anne's. I absolutely love them. If the bacon one is offered, you're in for a real treat, but you can't go wrong with any of them.

Dine with Shamu was in the ballpark of $25 and it included an all-you-can-eat buffet with solid food, all-you-can-drink beer (Busch), and a private show with Shamu.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

Postby thrillrider » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:25 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:The two dining options I love at the park are Mama's Pretzel Kitchen and Dine with Shamu.

Mama's Pretzel Kitchen sells pretzels that are basically doughy crack. They are better than anything you'll get at Wetzel's or Auntie Anne's. I absolutely love them. If the bacon one is offered, you're in for a real treat, but you can't go wrong with any of them.

Dine with Shamu was in the ballpark of $25 and it included an all-you-can-eat buffet with solid food, all-you-can-drink beer (Busch), and a private show with Shamu.

We did the dine with shamu this spring and loved it! The only complaint was that we felt rushed.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby BintamiM » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:23 pm

teacherkim wrote:To all the locals....we will be at Seaworld on July 28th. Anybody heard about an opening date for infinity falls? Any chance it will be open by then? Or is everyone in the dark on this?

Best food in the park?

Word on the street is it may not open until August but they are trying to get it open sooner

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!