SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 608: Craft Beer Festival & Jack Hanna Weekend report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:49 am

A.J. wrote:Was at the park this morning. Manta's operations team was killing it. Two trains but they were sending the second one out even before the first reached the mid-course brake. Also, can re-confirm some shakiness coming from Kraken with a one-third filled train. Noticeable but not bad enough to affect enjoyment of the ride, in my opinion.

Whoa that's really impressive for a flyer!
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

Postby Philrad71 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:58 pm

Late to the party, but Infinity Falls looks amazing...thanks for sharing the awesome video, Robb!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:50 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Whoa that's really impressive for a flyer!

Yeah, they were doing great. I was down near the pretzel loop taking a photo of the first train going through and I turned around to walk toward the entrance and only a few seconds afterward I heard the dispatch sound effect and the music start playing. I forgot to mention that they were running both stations, which eliminated stacking too. Being stacked on a flying coaster is the worst.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:07 pm

Today I had the chance to experience a new, short-term festival offering at SeaWorld Orlando, the Craft Beer Festival. Only offered this past weekend and next weekend, the event is like a mini version of the Seven Seas Food Festival with over twenty food items and over 100 beers on tap spread throughout the park. Like other events at SeaWorld, event sampler lanyards allow you to choose options from across the festival at a reduced price by paying for up to twelve items up front.

It also turned out that this weekend was another event at SeaWorld Orlando, Jack Hanna Weekend. Jack Hanna has had a longstanding relationship with the SeaWorld parks and has been coming to SeaWorld since I was a kid, bringing with him a variety of animals that you don't even get the chance to see in the parks.

With that, my day made for two experiences in one...
1.JPG
We like food and beer enough to known that the maximum number of items (for two of us) would definitely be the right option!
2.JPG
A look at all of the Craft Beer Festival locations and some of the menu items available throughout the park.
3.JPG
The Flamecraft Bar continues to offer some great brews on tap.
4.JPG
Chicken Wings tossed in a Pilsner Buffalo Sauce served with Tangy Slaw were a good start to our day!
5.JPG
The Buffalo Burger Quesadilla with pepper jack cheddar cheese blend, balsamic onions, baby arugula crème fraiche, and a roasted tomato salsa was a surprisingly tasty option.
6.JPG
The Beer Corn Fritters served with a Sriracha Aioli were one of my favorite items I tried at the event!
7.JPG
The Chorizo Potato Skins were a tasty twist of the classic bar bite.
8.JPG
The Bison Slider served with Lager Bacon Onion Jam and Minorcan Mustard was a nice option.
9.JPG
Given the name of the event, it should come as no surprise that they serve beer here too.
10.JPG
What goes great with beer? Roller coasters!
11.JPG
It was also my first time seeing Infinity Falls in action!
12.JPG
We didn't get the chance to ride today, but it definitely looks like a fun addition!
13.JPG
The ride consistently had a 40 minute wait throughout our visit.
14.JPG
Down they go!
15.JPG
The splashdown ends far bigger than you see pictured here... Make no mistake, this ride will soak you.
16.JPG
I'll definitely be coming back soon to try Infinity Falls out for myself!
17.JPG
The Waterway Grill is the newest version of the original hospitality house, and much of the original fixtures of the venue have been kept in place.
18.JPG
During the Craft Beer Festival, Craft Beer Trivia is being offered in the Waterway Grill.
19.JPG
Cheese empanadas...
21.JPG
The Brown Sugar Brown Cow Mocha Brown Ale made for a great alcoholic float!
22.JPG
Mama's Pretzel Kitchen now features a Turkey Leg Pretzel... This might be the first food option I've encountered in a park that I'm afraid to tackle.
23.JPG
The Infused Bacon Cheddar Pretzel nuggets were served with a beer cheese and were really nice!
24.JPG
Construction of the new Sesame Street section of the park is well underway.
25.JPG
Cider lovers will be happy to know that the Craft Beer Festival has a few options to enjoy.
26.JPG
Another reason I was here today...
27.JPG
I've been seeing "Jungle Jack Hanna" since I was a kid at SeaWorld... He opened today's presentation with a focus on why he supports SeaWorld after all of these years.
28.JPG
This American Bald Eagle looks like a different bird, but it is just starting to get its trademark white feathers.
29.JPG
I can't say I'd seen an echidna before today...
30.JPG
They brought a sloth!!!
31.JPG
Lots of different animals were brought on stage...
32.JPG
Three different owls were shown today.
33.JPG
Everybody loves penguins!
34.JPG
A cheetah and its best dog friend.
35.JPG
Beautiful!
36.JPG
They're adorable together!
37.JPG
Time to get a few more items before I head out...
38.JPG
How about some candied bacon lollipops?
39.JPG
And some more beer!
40.JPG
The Craft Beer Festival is a great new addition to SeaWorld Orlando's annual line up of events! If you have a chance to visit next week, you definitely should!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:35 am

Everything looks so good. :P

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:03 am

This is much more than I was expecting! It looks like they decided to make a whole festival out of revamped bar foods. I need those Chorizo Potato Skins!
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby CoasterInk » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:25 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Everything looks so good. :P

Ditto... looks delicious! These food events really make me want to go back (Which I suppose is the point of them :lol: )

Postby thrillrider » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:28 am

Great pictures, thank you for sharing. This park has really grown on me over the past few years.

And by the way, it looks like attendance and profits are up chain wide for SeaWorld.
Attendance is up over 9% ,over this time last year, and revenue is up is up 10% as well.

Check it out here...

http://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/attractions/2018/10/02/seaworld-reports-increased-revenue--attendance
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:18 am

^That’s great news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Postby thrillrider » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:59 pm

So I just heard that six flags has just entered talks to possibly purchase SeaWorld parks and entertainment.

Not sure what to think about this.

They do have experience dealing with sealife, and run a park(Six flags Discovery kingdom). In addition, they also used to run worlds of adventure.

On the other side of the coin, I wouldn't want them to change the name/brand of Busch gardens and SeaWorld.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!