SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 608: Craft Beer Festival & Jack Hanna Weekend report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:42 pm

This weekend I had the chance to stop in to SeaWorld Orlando for an hour and to my surprise, construction walls are already up for Mako! I also made a quick lap of the park to see what else is new since my last visit...
001.JPG
Manta, the most recent coaster addition to the park still makes a wonderful entrance experience for park guests to witness.
002.JPG
The ride's attached aquarium and queue weave into the center of the ride path for some great photo moments.
003.JPG
The Manta aquarium features this gorgeous octopus that is always neat to see.
004.JPG
Leafy Sea Dragons are mesmerizing to watch.
005.JPG
I love this tank!
006.JPG
Over by Voyager's Smokehouse, the side booth now features Churro Dippers where funnel cakes used to be offered.
007.JPG
A ride on the Sky Tower provided an opportunity to look at the park from a different angle...
008.JPG
The park's newest coaster Mako will take up this large plot, hovering over the retention pond behind Kraken and weaving around and between Shark Encounter and the Nautilus Theater.
009.JPG
Within days of the ride's official announcement construction walls have already gone up between Shark Encounter and the Nautilus Theater.
010.JPG
The emergency-rising floor installation for one of the side pools at Shamu Stadium has not been added to the other pools in the complex and there is no indication that the system will be added anytime soon.
011.JPG
I love looking at Manta from this view!
012.JPG
The sets of the new Sea Lion High show can be seen from above.
013.JPG
This is the plot where the former redemption games were hosted. A new pretzel eatery similar to the Twisted Tails Pretzels at Busch Gardens is being built in their place. This new location will offer a version of the infamous Pretzel Bacon Fury along with other pretzel goods and craft brews.
014.JPG
Over by The Waterfront, the old Oyster's Secret pearl diving show has been retired. Guests can still purchase pearls pulled from oysters, but the oysters are no longer pulled by divers in the tank.
015.JPG
The former viewing area is now used for seating but the tank does not host divers.
016.JPG
The entrance of Shark Encounter will look very different by next year.
017.JPG
The first construction walls span from the restrooms of Shark Encounter to the main entrance of the Nautilus Theater.
018.JPG
The wall's signage makes no secret of what is to come.
019.JPG
I can't wait!
020.JPG
I never miss out on an opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the old Hospitality House area.
021.JPG
So perfect!
022.JPG
A new pretzel shop coming here soon!
023.JPG
I love these retro images that the park has used for the 50th Anniversary Celebration.
024.JPG
I remember seeing photos of this when I was younger!
025.JPG
Look at that concept art!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby cwgator » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:33 am

jedimaster1227 wrote:Image

I'm wondering if they are going to remove the swan boats or move them somewhere else. That appears to be a tight fit over there. The left side would probably be safe, but the right dock looks like it would be in the way or definitely too close.
makoconstructsite.JPG
CURRENT COASTER CREDIT COUNT: 80
A little behind...planning to catch-up soon...

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:25 pm

Here's an announcement about SeaWorld's Summer Nights 2015.

06-04-15 SeaWorld Summer Nights.jpg

ALL-NEW NIGHTTIME FESTIVITIES FOR FAMILIES THIS SUMMER AT BOTH

SEAWORLD® ORLANDO AND AQUATICA, SEAWORLD’S WATERPARK®

-- SeaWorld introduces all-new summer concert series; Aquatica offers all-new beach party bash --

ORLANDO, Fla. (June 4, 2015) – This summer as the sun goes down, the fun comes up for families and friends at SeaWorld and Aquatica with all-new evening events.

SEAWORLD
From June 20 - August 8, SeaWorld features Summer Nights, where families can stay later for more thrills and laughs. Nightly festivities include:

· Celebrate America Concert Series - Every Saturday and Sunday guests can enjoy all-American performances by a variety of artists and genres at this all-new summer concert series. The celebration of America continues throughout the park with all-American food and daily happy hours. Plus, pass holders can enjoy a complimentary sample of a tasty brew. Concerts will take place in the Nautilus Theater and are included with park admission.

· Clyde & Seamore’s Sea Lion High – Turn up the laughs with nighttime showings of this all-new sea lion comedy adventure. Full of fun and big personalities of sea lions, walruses and otters, the show takes place in an aquatic-themed high school where laughter and education go hand in hand (er, flipper).

· Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up The Night – Experience this returning fan-favorite, a high-energy show featuring original music, amazing production elements and see SeaWorld’s majestic killer whales. Shamu Stadium will transform with stylistic lighting and colorful backdrops to create a social and celebratory atmosphere ending with a fireworks finale spectacle.

· Late-Night Thrills –SeaWorld’s thrill rides are a whole different experience when the sun goes down. Guests can experience Kraken, a thrilling roller coaster, and Manta, a facedown, headfirst roller coaster where riders can skim, glide and fly like a manta ray, and many more.

AQUATICA

Beginning July 3, Aquatica heats things up with Island Nights presented by Coca-Cola® - an all-new beach party taking place every Friday and Saturday through August 8 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Guests can enjoy live DJs, dancing on the beach and an evening menu sizzlin’ with flavor at Waterstone Grill. All included with park admission to Aquatica.

BEST WAY TO PLAY

The best way to experience Summer Nights and Island Nights is with an Annual Pass offering unlimited general admission and free parking to the parks all year long. Florida residents can purchase an annual pass with EZPay, a convenient payment option starting at $16 per month for both parks. Pass holders can enjoy a variety of other perks, including discounts on food and beverage and savings on admission to Discovery Cove.

For more information, park hours and to purchase tickets, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com. Follow SeaWorld on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest Summer Nights and Island Nights information including concert line-up. Join the conversation with #SeaWorld and #SummerNights.
06-04-15 SeaWorld Shamu.jpg
Light Up the Night with Shamu
06-04-15 Kraken Night.jpg
Night rides on Kraken
06-04-15 Manta Night.jpg
Manta after dark
06-04-15 Aquatica.jpg
Beach Party at Aquatica

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:45 pm

^Light up the night is my favorite of the various Shamu shows. The music is catchy, it's really cheesy good fun. A good concert followed by that show and then a late night ride on a coaster should satisfy just about anybody!
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby palavos3 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:15 pm

I don't like the way Mako is being advertised. It says the coaster will be unrivaled. Don't get me wrong Mako is a good addition to Sea World Orlando and will probably be the best coaster there. But to say with all the hypers out there that it will be "unrivaled" is totally false and arrogant.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:56 am

^I'm confused, when's the last time you saw 'not as good as the other ones out there' on a billboard?
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:01 am

coasterfreak101 wrote:^I'm confused, when's the last time you saw 'not as good as the other ones out there' on a billboard?

Obviously you forgot this.
truth in advertising.jpg

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby deere839 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:58 am

Went to seaworld yesterday as a surprise visit but did not ride anything due of the waits the first time in a while I seen big waits for every ride there manta was 50 mins kraken was 30 mins with journey to Atlantis,sky tower, and Antarctica.they have been really improving the merchandise and improving the plants inside the park by removing a lot of the bushes and replacing them with nice flowers and stuff like that.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:16 am

coasterfreak101 wrote:^I'm confused, when's the last time you saw 'not as good as the other ones out there' on a billboard?

Or, "There are worse coasters you could be riding!"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:17 am

DirkFunk wrote:

Obviously you forgot this.

:lmao: :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!