TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

At SeaWorld right now and Infinity Falls is drawing a 45 minute - 1 hour wait during soft opening (it’s not on the park map yet) due to insane heat. Looks like a very good ride, but I won’t ride because it looks like you get soaked. Antarctica is also drawing a 45 minute wait due to it being air conditioned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I find funny about the Antarctica ride is despite the mediocre reviews it got it still has the longest wait times compared to the other attractions in the park.

Because it’s low capacity and barely open?

What I find funny about the Antarctica ride is despite the mediocre reviews it got it still has the longest wait times compared to the other attractions in the park.

Perhaps but it also has a low height requirement so many children can ride it

...and people really like penguins. The ride itself isn’t great, but the exhibit is. While there’s a “non riders” line, since people have to wait anyway most people will opt to ride (especially people visiting on vacation who don’t know any better).

I also agree that the waiting process for the Antarctica ride is really bad. First you have to wait in the outdoor section for at least two pre-show cycles. Then you watch the pre-show. Then you go into the interior switchbacks and wait some more. Then you get assigned a loading bay where you wait some more. Then you watch another pre-show. Then, finally, you board. I'll be going straight into the exhibit from now on, thanks very much.

Personally, I like the Antarctica ride, it has improved since opening in both ride experience and ops. Could it have been way more though? Absolutely. One more room added to the ride would do a lot for it, it's pretty short and the story is not fleshed out enough.

Infinity falls is a fantastic addition to this park . While the spot was the prettiest place at Seaworld, there was nothing except a lesser-used restaurant and some common animals in that location before. In recent years almost everything in town has been an replacement attraction. Seaworld's last three additions were a big improvement to their former Penguin exhibit, a completely new Hypercoaster that replaced nothing, and this sure-to-be popular family ride that also replaced empty space. Next year they are indeed replacing, but massively improving their kids area and adding a new parade, the year after they are getting a new coaster apparently (I'm hopeful they could build onto the seldom-used lowest section of their parking lot for it). And their festival lineup improves every year! This year they've had free beer and happy hour all summer, an Improved Food and Wine festival, more Spooktacular weekends...etc.

Of all the parks in Central Florida, Seaworld is the one I consistently enjoy each visit and like the direction they are going in the most. I'm hopeful that they can start making it in the press for good reasons and gain back public opinion too.

Personally, I like the Antarctica ride, it has improved since opening in both ride experience and ops. Could it have been way more though? Absolutely. One more room added to the ride would do a lot for it, it's pretty short and the story is not fleshed out enough.

I'm curious, how did the ride experience change since opening? Did they actually change the ride, or is it just how they handle the queue? I went to SeaWorld earlier this month, and I liked Antarctica far more than I thought I would.

Infinity Falls looks quite a bit cooler than had thought it would be. The on-ride soundtrack is probably what does it for me.

And it was cool! The heat index was over 100 degrees the day I went.

I'm curious, how did the ride experience change since opening? Did they actually change the ride, or is it just how they handle the queue?

The ride itself hasn't changed at all. I don't know what that person is talking about. They made some changes to the queue so now you can actually go visit the penguins without having to suffer through the attraction, which is good because you can get to the best part of the attraction by skipping the worst.

As far as people who like the ride, well, even the worst attractions has it's fans... I mean, look at Maelstrom!

Edited by robbalvey

Not a big fan of rapids, but I love Seaworld and I love Intamin, and this ride just looks great. I would definitely give it a spin on a hot day.

I'm not a big fan of wet rides in general, but I would definitely bring sandals, and plan on riding this the next time I go to SWO! Looks great!

As far as people who like the ride, well, even the worst attractions has it's fans... I mean, look at Maelstrom!

How dare you. Trolls and oil rigs made for one of the most cohesive storylines any attraction has ever seen.

I actually have memories of enjoying Maelstrom, but that WAS back in 2001 the last time I rode it! My standards for entertaining rides were a little lower then!

Went to the Infinity Falls media event this morning. Here's the video we produced....

SeaWorld also announced a new for 2019 slide at Aquatica:

KareKare Curl

AQF_18_Kare_Kare_Curl_KeyArt.jpg.23c62bdaf114aace6d3165dfc3c594b2.jpg

Here's the list of rides in the new Sesame Street area coming in 2019:

Earlier this year, SeaWorld announced the groundbreaking news that Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando is coming in Spring of 2019. Guests will be able to take a walk down Sesame Street for the very first time, connecting families to all of the fun, laughter and learning of the world famous street. In addition a daily parade, play areas and opportunities to mingle with Sesame Street characters, SeaWorld announced today that this area will feature six colorful, themed rides, including Elmo’s Choo Choo Train, Cookie Drop, Abby’s Flower Tower, Super Grover’s Box Car Derby, Big Bird’s Twirl ‘n’ Whirl and Slimey’s Slider.

1637133470_ScreenShot2018-10-04at5_22_08PM.thumb.png.41d90f079dfaf04da35e24ec2352accb.png

1389818425_ScreenShot2018-10-04at5_22_21PM.thumb.png.49ea13da209a602929a7a8fe1480bc95.png

270222837_ScreenShot2018-10-04at5_22_36PM.thumb.png.ceec0d9dfed636c73a951bf1d08d20c0.png

1699046412_ScreenShot2018-10-04at5_22_58PM.thumb.png.9516b979293993247477f72b07ad49f9.png

1990748701_ScreenShot2018-10-04at5_23_08PM.thumb.png.b50b18d8dffb4812e0ab15e4fae6aa20.png

1071914793_ScreenShot2018-10-04at5_23_19PM.thumb.png.2d91a31dfe48644014e4d8a38b2d4abc.png

And a brand new Annual Pass program that seems similar to what other chains like Six Flags is doing:

BenefitsChart_4.thumb.jpg.ede8751f14a5aaa0d37c2ecf4510055f.jpg

Should be interesting to see how that new annual pass program works out for them!