SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 608: Craft Beer Festival & Jack Hanna Weekend report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby ThatFloridaDude » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:51 pm

When can we see a full picture of the Antartica Ride cars?

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:54 pm

^While there is no set date for the release of any new photos or video of the new vehicles, it can be expected that we'll see a new Webisode within the next month or so, which promises to shed a little more light on the cars.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:09 am

Can't wait to see the exhibit finished! Penguins are always a good thing, except when you can smell them ;). I'm really interested to see how it will all turn out.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:15 pm

Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:27 pm

^It was nice to see the little teaser about programming the ride vehicles--and to see the Busch parks in general stretching themselves a bit (as they already have with Verbolten, DarKastle, and Cheetah Hunt).

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:56 pm

Oceaneering is sure keeping themselves busy between this and Transformers!

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby jcrouse » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:15 am

SeaWorld Christmas Celebration Media Day

Saturday night, Jacqi and I took the kids out to experience SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration. 
Jacqi and I have long been Sea World Annual Passholders, but we'd never ventured out to for their Holiday event. SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration is included with park admission and runs every weekend through the end of the year and weekdays during the Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks. 

While the park is decked out with lights and decorations in just about every nook and cranny, the centerpiece display is the "Sea of Trees" - a collection of over 100 lit trees that surround the lake. Three times a night, the trees come alive as their lights dance to holiday music. I got a opportunity to talk with Vice President of Entertainment, Michael Fletcher - and he explained that the show uses over 5 tons of lights and requires over 9 miles of electrical and fiber cables. The show is in its third year and has become the signature element of their celebration.

We were then whisked off to a showing of "O Wondrous Night" - their telling of "the greatest story never told" The show was a unique version of the Christmas story as told by some of the animals that witnessed the birth of Christ. Musically the show was amazing - 16 performers all mic'ed and singing. And while some of the puppet work and story lines weren't exactly my cup of tea, the nativity finale was fantastic. Live animals were everywhere - each entrance more impressive than the previous and probably the grandest nativity I'd ever seen. 

Finally, our preview concluded with Winter Wonderland on Ice, a holiday themed ice skating show - and Holiday Reflections, a fireworks and fountains show. Both took place at the Bayside Theater. Both shows were very good. The ice skating show felt more like an old holiday TV special, which was fun and the Reflections show was a nice finale for the evening. Reflections felt a bit short and most of the pyro was lower level bursts - but if all fit very well.

We didn't get to see Polar Express, Santa and his elves, the holiday Clyde & Seymour show or the Xmas Shamu show (unfortunately a lot of these things were happening at the same time and we had to pick and chose which things to take in). But there was also plenty of seasonal food and merchandise all over the place - and we seemed to run into small holiday musical groups providing atmosphere entertainment around every corner. 

Overall the park was beautiful and the entire event was a lot of fun. Its great to see Sea World continue to grow their seasonal offerings without resorting to a hard ticket/upcharge type of event. I'm eager to go back and check out all of the things we missed.
IMG_2134.jpg
Sea World is all set for their Holiday Event.
IMG_2150.jpg
We're in the right place. Here is our media badge.
IMG_2142.jpg
Here is the event map. Looks pretty Christmassy.
IMG_2133.jpg
Jacqi and the girls in front of Sea World's Christmas tree.
IMG_2147.jpg
Holiday decorations are everywhere - even the light posts.
IMG_2143.jpg
The park was beautiful with decorations and lights all over the place.
IMG_2151.jpg
More holiday decorations.
IMG_2148.jpg
Sea World themed nutcrackers, anyone?
IMG_2144.jpg
Holiday musicians - these groups seemed like they were everywhere.
IMG_2146.jpg
These elves were playing around too.
IMG_2140.jpg
Entertainment vice president, Michael Fletcher introduces the Sea of Trees show to the Media.
IMG_2139.jpg
Sarah has some company during the show.
IMG_2136.jpg
The Sea of Trees - this picture does not do the show justice. There are over 100 trees that appear to be floating on the lake - all with animated lights that move to holiday music.
IMG_2167.jpg
After the show, Michael took a moment to pose for a photo with me.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:37 pm.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby jcrouse » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:25 am

More photos from the Sea World Xmas Event.
IMG_2137.jpg
Kraken is a walk on ? Yes, please.
IMG_2161.jpg
O Wondrous Night - these are the Herald Angels and they're going to sing about the birth of Christ and the animals that were there in the manger.
IMG_2160.jpg
The finale of this show was incredible. There were animals and flying birds everywhere. Highly recommended.
IMG_2157.jpg
Ice Skating!
IMG_2154.jpg
And Fireworks!
IMG_2158.jpg
There were lights and beautifully lit paths everywhere. The park was very sparkly at night.
IMG_2159.jpg
Santa Shamu!
IMG_2132.jpg
Happy Holidays from Sea World!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 pm

^Looks like you all had a swell time. Thanks for sharing! I just love that sunset in the background of one of your photos.

As for the video that was posted a few posts ago, the motion of the vehicle was far different than what I imagined it to be. I never realized the motion would so closely resemble Transformers. Then again, I had never known until now that Oceaneering helped provide the ride tech for Transformers.
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Thanks for the photos! The event is really solid. I would put it over SFFT's HIP which is also a great event.

You guys have to go back and see Shamu Christmas Miracles though! It is easily my favorite show at any theme park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!