SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 608: Craft Beer Festival & Jack Hanna Weekend report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Meep Meep!

Re: SeaWorld Orlando Discussion Thread

Postby Lenaapple1974 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:36 pm

I think Tili should be in the shows. I mean, the trainers - ESPECIALLY knowing his past, still deal with him from the sidelines. They do not go in the water with him, and that was in place prior to Dawn's accident. I think it should be entirely up to the trainers, as to whether or not they are involved directly with the whales. I know, being an animal lover - I would definitely still be involved. But this is what they do. They each know there is a risk every time, but they choose to continue on. I wish we could hear from a trainer...and how they feel about the scenario.
Coaster Count - OMG...I completely lost count... How do you all do it?
Man, I really need to update my Photo TR from last year!! >:O
2012 - SoCal and everything I can cram into the week!
2013 - Back to Orlando!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby gatorchomp83 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:52 pm

He's no bigger now than he was when he was actually in the show. His size is not an issue in regards to being in the show. His sole purpose in shows it to splash people. Even before, trainers weren't in the water with him.

Frankly, if something else happens with ANY of the whales, SeaWorld is going to be in the spotlight no matter what. If they feel he needs the stimulation of going out in front of a couple of thousand people three times a day for 5 minutes, with no trainers in the water, and new safety precautions in place, I trust their judgement.

aimster wrote:Tilly is WAY too big to be put back in the show. He's already killed 2 trainers. I know probably he thought he was only playing and didn't know he did something wrong, but this guy is just humungoid. If something else happens and he's responsible, Sea World better not start crying because they know Tilly is a liability. They should just give him full access to all the whale pools when there aren't shows going on and keep up with his physical and mental stimulation without the trainers being too close to him.
FLORIDA GATORS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 - 2007 BASKETBALL FOOTBALL 1996 - 2006 - 2008
Top 5 Wood: 1 Voyage 2 Boulder Dash 3 Phoenix 4 Ravine Flyer II 5 Thunderhead
Top 5 Steel: 1 Intimidator 305 2 Goliath (GA) 3 Bizarro (SFNE) 4 Nitro 5 Kumba
Twitter

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:55 am

An Oviedo entertainment company is suing SeaWorld, its parent companies and affiliated parks, accusing executives of using copyrighted designs in some their major attractions without paying for them.

Revere Entertainment Studios filed the lawsuit in Orange County Circuit Court on Thursday. It says SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment used Revere's designs in several popular SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Tampa attractions, including the recently opened SeaWorld Aquatica water park.

A spokesman said SeaWorld would not comment until it had a chance to review the documents.

Source: Orlando Sentinel
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:01 pm

I was reading that story about the lawsuit earlier and found it very interesting. I have absolutely no idea how credible the lawsuit is, and I have never heard of that company or that park for Australia, but I do find it kind of ironic how all of the recent new attractions at Busch/Seaworld parks (Jungala, Sheikra, Manta, Sesame Street, Happy Harbor, Allure, Aquatica, etc) are all kinda similar in feel and almost completely different than anything else Busch parks had produced in the recent past. I mean all of these recent installations are fantastic and on a level of creativity and detail that I personally didn't think existed at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens 10 years ago. Jungala and the Manta/commersons dolphins habitats are just completely different than any other animal enclosure they had previously at either park. I don't know, I would normally look at a story like this and immediately deem it as false but something about this feels a little weird to me.

At Disney and Universal the whole place has more of a consistent feel of quality and overall theme where as in Busch gardens and Sea World you can really walk around the a park and just "feel" what is new and what is old and dated. And ironically everything that feels "new and fresh" looks like something from the drawing of that proposed park for Australia. Maybe its just a coincidence, maybe not.

Postby netdvn » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:10 pm

It could be because the Busch parks are owned by a completely different company with a different approach at new rides/attractions.

I've noticed that Blackstone seems to be investing in rides that AB probably wouldn't have (Mach Tower, Cheetaka, Manta West, and the possible prototype launcher coming to BGW come to mind). Blackstone enjoys taking slightly bigger risks in their investments.

The whole copyright ordeal seems interesting though.
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:01 pm

netdvn wrote:It could be because the Busch parks are owned by a completely different company with a different approach at new rides/attractions.

I've noticed that Blackstone seems to be investing in rides that AB probably wouldn't have (Mach Tower, Cheetaka, Manta West, and the possible prototype launcher coming to BGW come to mind). Blackstone enjoys taking slightly bigger risks in their investments.

The whole copyright ordeal seems interesting though.

I don't really think that's the case since sheikra, manta east, jungala, aquatic, Allure, and some of the other attractions in question were all built before Blackstone took over ownership of the parks. The "new style" of design in the parks was established and executed several times while they were still owned and operated by busch. Besides I think Blackstone is more of a "owner" than an "operator" and after th purchase was made the parks more or less continued to exist and operate the same as before. So I dont really think Blackstone really had anything to do with new era of the Seaworld parks.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:48 am

I was at that first show with Tilikum on Wednesday. It was actually pretty emotional. Lots of SeaWorld nerds there. The crowd was really excited to see him back. No booing or negativity--just the opposite, in fact.
Erik Allen Elness

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:12 pm

http://www.insideseaworld.com/one-ocean-debuts-seaworld-orlando-april-22

SeaWorld parks across the U.S. will soon debut an all-new Shamu show this spring and summer, connecting you and your family to the sea with a new level of energy, excitement and vibrancy as it educates and inspires you to make a difference in this world.

SeaWorld Orlando launches One Ocean on April 22.

“One Ocean” features SeaWorld’s majestic killer whales as ambassadors of the sea, and the ocean as the center of our natural world. The show connects you with these remarkable animals and immerses the you in the vivid colors and sensations of the underwater world. At the core of the show is the unifying message that both animals and humans are part of one world, with one ocean, and its future is in our hands to cherish and protect.

This new show is what you love about our parks – thrilling entertainment that educates and inspires you to celebrate, connect and care for the world we share.
One Ocean features spectacular whale behaviors, including thrilling high-energy leaps and multiple whales performing simultaneously. The whales interact in new ways with trainers, the audience, each other, and even the set itself. In one segment, the whales play amid giant fountains.

Shamu Stadium – with its three-story set, panoramic LED screens and hundreds of surround-sound speakers – will feature special effects that envelop you in the show experience, including brilliantly colored lights; soaring fountains; stunning underwater imagery and an original, contemporary musical score with global rhythms.

But even more important is the educational message the show imparts: we are all part of one world and have the power to make a difference. The message of caring and respect for the world we share is woven throughout the show – encouraging guests to make a difference through their own everyday actions.
Find out more at SeaWorldOrlando.com/OneOcean.

thumbnail_one_ocean_01_hdr-500x333.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:45 am

http://www.insideseaworld.com/grand-reef-update-acrylic-panels-installed-discovery-coves-new-reef

Meet Project Manager Iulia Lopez Siemen as she takes you through a construction update in this video focusing on the installation of the acrylic panels at The Grand Reef at Discovery Cove in Orlando.

Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

SeaWorld Manta

Postby Coasterride » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:58 pm

=) Manta sure is an amazing roller coaster. I think that Manta is way better than Batwing at SFA Maryland.
I just love the way Manta is gliding and Swooping, Diving through 4 inversion on the 3,350 feet of track because you're face down from start to finish. I also like the entrance of Manta where you can see Rays as you move through the entrance.
And I love the speed of nearly 60mph. This roller coaster is a must to ride I rate Manta 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!