Erik & Misty's Smoky Mountain Adventures

Dollywood, Mini Golf, & What Have You
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby speedmetal » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:51 am

You finally used the picture of the annoying chick. :b

I enjoyed your post for Dollywood. I love the fall colors. You did a really great job of showing off the leaves and how pretty Dollywood is.
Caution: Smisty

The Future Mrs. Big Mike!

Postby Pirouettes907 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:26 pm

You are my hero for your entry in the prayer book. It made me laugh (a lot).

And I absolutely loved the colors in the pictures of the Tennessee Tornado, especially the one of the train climbing the lift. You're right, the fall really is a great time to photograph that ride. Those are some phenomenal shots.

~Megan

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Squid » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:51 am

The picture of the pumpkin tree is now my wallpaper on the home computer. When were the pictures taken? Over the past weekend?

Squid

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:49 am

^ This update gave me a lot of trouble, and it started with just getting the photos! On most of my visits in October, it was rainy and the leaves hadn't really done much yet--so the majority of the photos you see are from the mornings of Wednesday, October 28 and Friday, October 30 (which were both special trips just to get better photos).

Misty's black & white train photos and a handful of others were taken a bit earlier in the year.

Oh, and Misty will be glad to hear that about the pumpkin tree photo. It's one that she took.

/The B-camera wins again.
Erik Allen Elness

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:28 pm

Wow, you went to the park that many times just to get good looking photos? That is dedication. It worked though, the pictures were all beautiful.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Ethan! » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Wow, when I went to dollywood a few weeks ago, smoky mountian rampage was not open, and it had no water... I'm confused... (and the awesome tennesee tornado, blackwhite/color photo is now my desktop screensaver

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:21 pm

^ Huh. Well, it was open every time I visited in October. Maybe it was just down...?

moose wrote:Wow, you went to the park that many times just to get good looking photos? That is dedication. It worked though, the pictures were all beautiful.

Thanks!

But it wasn't so bad, having to go back to Dollywood a couple of extra times.... ;)
Erik Allen Elness

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:43 pm

Yes, the prayer book photo is absolutely epic!

I mean come on people, Intamin Mega Lite is a much more important prayer request than the "woman that entered the chapel before me".

Donkeys are my way of life!

Pic

Postby coasterbear30 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:34 am

Yeah, the black and whte/color photo with TT in it is amazing! I love B & W photography with a little bit of color. BTW, are you guys going to be at Coasterfest on the 21st?

Permanent Tourist

Re: Pic

Postby Electerik » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:33 pm

coasterbear30 wrote:BTW, are you guys going to be at Coasterfest on the 21st?

Probably not, unfortunately. We both usually work on the weekends, and we're already taking the 14th off for Misty's birthday.

And, not to be crass or anything--but while meeting other coaster nerds is always fun, ERT at Dollywood is sort of wasted on us.
Erik Allen Elness

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive