Erik & Misty's Smoky Mountain Adventures

Dollywood, Mini Golf, & What Have You
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby moinab » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm

The Dollywood snow photos are very nice, but I must comment on the awesomely bad wig on Tom Cruise! That totally made my night! :lmao:

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:50 pm

PKI JizzMan wrote:Wooowwww. I'd kill to have been there to take photos! Soooo pretty!!!

Yeah, but all the rides were closed. So there's that to be taken into consideration. ;)

It was probably more cool for me than it would have been for someone just visiting.
Erik Allen Elness

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby I love DW » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:20 pm

PKI JizzMan wrote:Wooowwww. I'd kill to have been there to take photos! Soooo pretty!!!

Erik if Jizzman comes near you with sharp objects RUN!
"The Sky Is Not The Limit"

Flight of James: Ride of Steel the Revenge

Postby jamesdillaman » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:28 am

^ I was going to wrap him up with duct tape before I stuff him in the back of my car... We can just leave the duct tape on... ;)

I make cake

Postby Brandy524 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:12 am

The traveling Titanic exhibit that I went to in Birmingham a few years ago was the same with the boarding pass, iceberg, etc. I don't know if kids on vacation would find it very interesting, but I was absolutely fascinated. It's tragic and depressing, yes, but fascinating nonetheless.

I've read up on this museum and they're not going to have artifacts that were taken from the wreck site, but rather things that were brought off the ship by survivors, or were recovered from the sea during the rescue. So maybe not as depressing as the stuff pulled up from the ocean.

And awesome snowy Dollywood pics! I so want to come to the mountains for the snow. We don't often get snow down in Alabama!

The Future Mrs. Big Mike!

Postby Pirouettes907 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:33 pm

I hate snow, but I have to admit that adding roller coasters to it makes for some pretty pictures :)

~Megan

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:50 pm

The exhibit is at the Minnesota Science Museum right now. I found it fascinating. They are also showing a video about the discovery of the ship called Titanica, which I almost wasn't able to sit through. The movie featured a ton of footage of the scientists just sitting in their tiny little submarine, monkeying with the controls, not worth the $9.00, although the exhibit was, definitly worth the price (around $20.00, I believe).
Snoochie Boochie

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:46 am

20 years ago, the towns of Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and Sevierville all got together to discuss their mutual problem: the complete lack of tourism during the winter months. A solution was quickly agreed upon: lights!

For the first twelve years, all the lights were turned on, in all three cities, at the same time. But in the thirteenth year, this caused a county-wide blackout. So now the three cities all have their kick-off events on different nights.

Pigeon Forge's 20th Annual Winterfest Kick Off actually occurred back on November 5th. But it's taken me this long to decide that it would be more merciful to do three or four smaller Winterfest updates, rather than one great big one.
05P6258487.JPG
Patriot Park is the location of Pigeon Forge's central trolley station, as well as the grounds for most outdoor city events.
16P6258589.JPG
Christened Patriot Park in 1993, during Operation Desert Storm, the park features this family-friendly missile as its centerpiece.
22P6258579.JPG
For the kick off, several tent-booths were set up to sell food--as well as Winterfest apparel.
32P6258528.jpg
There was also a stage, used primarily for underage school girls to dance on.
33P6258561c.jpg
Oh, don't worry--it got weirder.
37P6258505.jpg
Reindeer were brought in for petting...
42P6258575.JPG
...and free pictures with Santa and Mrs. Claus were given out.
49P6258614.JPG
Great moments in fail: All 85 members of the Duggar family are brought back to Pigeon Forge in order to flip one switch.
54P6258616.JPG
Let there be lights!
60P6298689.jpg
Though there are light displays set up all through town, the ones at Patriot Park are patriotic/nationalistic in nature.
84P6298751.jpg
A southern plantation represents the backwards, racist part of the country (where we are).
86P6298764.jpg
This one is a bit overexposed, but it does show off how the eagle swoops down from the mountain and scoops up a fish.

He does this all night, but never gains any weight. Know why??
92PC070837b.jpg
The riverboat display and the Little Pigeon River.
95P6298769.JPG
That's it for Patriot Park and Pigeon Forge's 20th Annual Winterfest Kick Off. I do see more photos of lights in your future, though!
Erik Allen Elness

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby speedmetal » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:28 pm

What happened to the bridge??? Its in Patriot Park...You love bridges and you didn't show the bridge. Sad :?r
Caution: Smisty

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Now this is what BGE should have done for Christmas Town. Would have been much more grand, and I'm sure, fairly simple for a company of that magnitude.
Snoochie Boochie

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive