Erik & Misty's Smoky Mountain Adventures

Dollywood, Mini Golf, & What Have You
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Teacups Make Me Sick wrote:I love how the caverns really try hard in promoting the beauty of a cavern's natural habitat, not only can you turn the cavern into a wishing well, you can see how the original settlers made moonshine...in a cavern.

Well, to be fair, apparently some moonshiners did have a still in the cave during Prohibition.

I do agree, though. The worst culprit in these attractions is usually lighting. "Does this rock look more exciting in green light? How about yellow? Rainbow?"
Erik Allen Elness

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby tnguy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:09 pm

Awesome! I have been wanting to visit Forbidden Caverns for awhile, but never get around to it. I guess the fact that they're forbidden makes me want to go even more. I don't know if it falls into the coverage area of this TR, but The Lost Sea in Sweetwater is kind of cool. Its basically the same thing as this but with the added bonus of riding in a boat for a few minutes.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:19 am

Sevier County certainly does not want for pancake houses. And while I can't yet say that I've tried all of them, I have been to quite a few. And my favorite so far is Red Rooster.
05P3153079.JPG
Red Rooster is located where the Apple Tree Inn Restaurant used to be, near traffic light #6 in Pigeon Forge.
10P4023776.JPG
The inside.
20IMGP0769.JPG
Moon Pie pancakes and the Red Rooster house omelet.

Yes, Moon Pie pancakes. And they are heavenly.
22IMGP0779.JPG
MOON PIE PANCAKES!!!
25IMGP0699.jpg
MORE FOOD!!!
35IMGP0777.JPG
Uh-oh. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea....
40P4023778.JPG
In a vain attempt to outdo me, Misty decides to eat a whole baby.
45P4023770.JPG
Nothing like farm equipment to make me hungry!

Wait, actually that does kind of work.

The Red Rooster Pancake House. You should go there.

They also have chocolate eclair pancakes.
Erik Allen Elness

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby coastersrule85 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:52 am

Moon Pie Pancakes?!!? Where have they been all my life? Damn, I've got to go get a plane ticket right now! I know school starts tomorrow, but they'll just have to understand that there are more important things than reporting for the new school year...and Moon Pie pancakes is one of those things! Upon my return, once I explain, I'm sure my administrator will understand. :)

I eat 10,000 rancid testicles for breakfast.

Postby monkeyoverlord71 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:08 am

I love pancakes!

I need to get pancakes.
Official Big Mike Cheerleader!!!
PHOTOGRAPHY!!! http://martin-a-cumming.deviantart.com/

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Rollerman87 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:51 pm

Electerik wrote:I do agree, though. The worst culprit in these attractions is usually lighting. "Does this rock look more exciting in green light? How about yellow? Rainbow?"

Is that where Calico Mine Ride's black lit caverns get their inspiration from? Cause I thought them stalagtites and stalagmites always looked all multicolored :P

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:15 am

Moon Pie Pancakes. =)

In a vain attempt to outdo me, Misty decides to eat a whole baby.

I laughed a lot at this and STILL am....great line!

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:00 am

Scattered along the strip throughout Pigeon Forge are Go-Cart/Laser Tag/Arcade type fun centers. Most are fairly interchangeable, but at least Lazerport has ice cream and mini golf!
01P4063926.JPG
"Hi, I'm a big crazy alien thing with a gun. And my friend here is a professional golfer."
03P4063927.JPG
Ice cream, you say?
04IMGP7931.jpg
I believe I shall. (It's Edy's by the way. That's the same thing as Dryer's for you folks on the west coast.)
05P4063933.JPG
Now that that's out of the way, let's go check out the go-carts.
06P4063952.jpg
Yes, it's a roller coaster "style" go cart track.
08P4063935.JPG
Looks interesting enough.
10P4063949.JPG
A bit ghetto 'round the back end, though. (And no, that go-cart does not have an umbrella sticking out of it.)
12P4063932.JPG
Back inside is laser tag and mini golf.
14P4063934.JPG
Lazerport does have some really cool murals. I'll give them that.
20P2260101.JPG
The mini golf is themed to aliens and spacemen and such.
22P2260100.JPG
Alien bondage. You can't beat that.
24IMGP7944.JPG
Misty's mom and sister are now famous on the internet.
26IMGP7966.JPG
I think that yellow rock thing was once a fountain or something. No water in it now, though.
28IMGP7952.jpg
The low, slanted ceiling is where the go-cart track passes overhead. While the doorway in the back connects to the wrong end of hole #10--leading me to believe that this was once two 9-hole courses instead of one 18-hole course.
30P4063930.JPG
Though it looks pretty nice here, the course has seen better days. Graffiti, especially, is a problem.
38IMGP7978.JPG
More alien stuff.
39P2260103.JPG
That seems bad.
40IMGP8001.JPG
Not ghetto at all. Just throw your putters in the trash.
50IMGP8009.JPG
And now for the arcade. Seriously, now that I'm an adult (allegedly), I'll sometimes just spring for $20 worth of tokens and go nuts for a while.
55IMGP8006.JPG
Yes! Two credits!
57P4063938.JPG
One of those "build your own space coaster" deals. But I love this one's name: Virtual Simulator.
58P2260094.JPG
Note the different spelling of Lazerport. Note also that I got 410 at Skee-ball. I believe that's a personal best.
60IMGP8017.JPG
Smisty thinks she can outdo me by winning 300 tickets at the roll-a-token game.
65IMGP8025.JPG
But I'll show her.
70IMGP8041.JPG
What 1000 tickets may look like.
80IMGP8059.JPG
Swag.
82P4063943.JPG
Leaving out the side entrance.
84P4063944.JPG
And that's it for Lazerport. It's amusing enough--especially if you like murals.
Erik Allen Elness

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby speedmetal » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:34 pm

I find it surprising that you didn't get any photos of people actually playing mini golf. I would like to say how awesome their prizes are though. I love my 300 point ball.

You may have gotten more tickets then me and you may have won the bowling ball challenge...but my mom kicked your butt at mini golf.

:b :br :b
Caution: Smisty

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby NINCUB » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:14 am

It has been a while, but the last time I visited "Lazerport" it was pretty awesome. I haven't rode go-carts in a while but some of my ATL peeps invited me down to Dixieland and admission included golf, bumper boats, and go carts! It was a really cool little place! I forgot how fun go-carts could be when you didn't to pay 10 bucks to ride them.

My parents, sis and bro-in-law are heading your way this weekend! I will def tell them to be on the lookout for Smisty's evil twin at The Christmas Place!!! Also my parents usually make a point to eat at the Red Rooster.... they always ate there when it was the Apple Inn or whatever.

:0)

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive