SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 578: Kraken Unleashed Media Preview photos & video posted
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:41 am

^What, paper mache Kraken is leaving? No! Actually I'm sure they'll replace it with something cool if not they'll make the area look great but I still like it.

Glad to see the rapids ride has a 42" height restriction. When I first heard rumors of a rapids ride I wasn't very excited since I'm not a huge fan of rapids rides because I don't like getting completely soaked (someone build one a water park already will ya!) but this looks like fun. I mean an 85 foot drop is pretty significant and should feel pretty wild spinning in a rapids raft.

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:49 am

Kraken Unleashed, huh? What, is RMC retracking the thing? :lol:

In all seriousness, I like how the VR looks so far. Sad to hear that Sock Puppet Kraken is leaving though... :cry:
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:17 am

New rapids ride in the US? Amazing.

Tallest drop? Oh eff yeah.

This is a pretty fantastic 1-2 punch for SWO over the past two years. As an out of state guy, this park has taken a pretty solid leap on my "parks to visit" list.
Cincy -> Chicago

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Satans Hockey » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:53 am

That looks awesome, there was nobody walking through the gardens area when I was just there so this makes plenty of sense. Did anyone else get a chance to see Dolphin Days yet? I really enjoy SeaWorld, we ended up going 3 days with our Busch Gardens Williamsburg platinum passes. Might try to do another trip there next year and hit up Volcano Bay and some of the other new Orlando attractions.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:01 am

Hilltopper39 wrote: I mean an 85 foot drop is pretty significant and should feel pretty wild spinning in a rapids raft.

40' drop off an 85' tall tower. Still world's tallest, but don't get your hopes up for that crazy!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:10 am

Yeah totally missed that, but should still be a lot of fun. Does anyone know how tall the drops are on like Kali River Rapids or some of the other raft models with drops?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:32 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:Yeah totally missed that, but should still be a lot of fun. Does anyone know how tall the drops are on like Kali River Rapids or some of the other raft models with drops?

Kali claims 30 feet, Grizzly 21 feet, River Quest (Phantasialand) 36 feet, and for comparison sake Splash Mountain at 50 feet.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby VegasBaby » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:46 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:New rapids ride in the US? Amazing.

Tallest drop? Oh eff yeah.

This is a pretty fantastic 1-2 punch for SWO over the past two years. As an out of state guy, this park has taken a pretty solid leap on my "parks to visit" list.

Agreed, Sea World has now become a must visit park when I go to Orlando. It's also great to see new Intamins being built in the USA, I wish CF and SF would get back on the Intamin backwagon as well!
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Mako
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:56 am

SharkTums wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:Yeah totally missed that, but should still be a lot of fun. Does anyone know how tall the drops are on like Kali River Rapids or some of the other raft models with drops?

Kali claims 30 feet, Grizzly 21 feet, River Quest (Phantasialand) 36 feet, and for comparison sake Splash Mountain at 50 feet.

What? Splash Mountain feels way taller than 50 feet!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby bgtlover » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:46 pm

^Scenery & theming work wonders.
Current Coaster Count: 82
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!