Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: DavidB and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: The Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby stevebat » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:25 am

I am loving this new water ride This might be interesting to those who want to be the first to ride it.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Question to regular CP-goers/those who have experienced:
CP during Math and Science week.

How are the crowds? Should be going on a Monday or Tuesday and it's Math and Science week, I'm hoping it won't be that bad!

-Zach
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby VGplay » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:18 pm

It'll be busy. On top of the school groups, Monday is the traditional Senior Skip Day for Ohio schools. I was there last year on the first Monday, and it was one of the busiest days at the park I saw all season.

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:22 pm

VGplay wrote:It'll be busy. On top of the school groups, Monday is the traditional Senior Skip Day for Ohio schools. I was there last year on the first Monday, and it was one of the busiest days at the park I saw all season.

Tuesday is what I'm planning. So how were the lines?

I've experienced many types of 'busy' :lol: Hopefully after 3-4PM it'll clear up a bit. Park's open 'till 8.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby VGplay » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Millennium Force, Maverick, Dragster, and Raptor were all about an hour and a half wait. Magnum's line was down into the switchbacks and around a half hour. I was there from early entry to close and got seven total rides.

Tuesday might not be as bad, but I wouldn't expect crowds to be light.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:52 am

I made the mistake in going there during M&S week in previous years. The park is overrun with kids, stays like that practically all day long, and you can expect to have decent wait for all major rides. Granted, the park it not weekend in July or August crowded, but the crowds are not light by any means either. I'd suggest staying away during that time if possible. You're better off going on a Sunday in May or early to mid June...park's empty.

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:20 am

FeelTheFORCE wrote:I made the mistake in going there during M&S week in previous years. The park is overrun with kids, stays like that practically all day long, and you can expect to have decent wait for all major rides. Granted, the park it not weekend in July or August crowded, but the crowds are not light by any means either. I'd suggest staying away during that time if possible. You're better off going on a Sunday in May or early to mid June...park's empty.

Thanks for the responses. We're stuck to a Monday or Tuesday (planning on Holiday World Monday and CP Tuesday). Hey, as long as we get on all the major rides I'm fine. I've never had trouble with TTD being down everytime I'm there, so hopefully we won't this time!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:25 am

I see, well good luck. You most likely will have no problem riding everything, it's just going to take longer than you want (or at least seem so because of all the screaming kids, lol) and you will probably get increasingly annoyed as the day goes on. If you can tolerate those, then you're golden. :p

Proud to be SMALLER than Joey

Postby Pingu1651 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:48 pm

^ Little kids are so annoying! Especially the ones that chicken out at the front of the line. In Cleveland, you either ride Millennium Force or you ride Millennium Force. (Bad experiences...)

Anyways, really pumped for CoasterMania. Any expectations on crowds?
I'm 5 feet tall!

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:56 pm

Pingu1651 wrote:Anyways, really pumped for CoasterMania. Any expectations on crowds?

I'm sure that there will be a ton. Just from looking at trip reports from previous years, the "ERT" is really just the park open for a couple extra hours. Isn't CoasterMania over a couple days now? Maybe that would help the crowds a bit.
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

PreviousNext