Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby _koppen » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:07 pm

Damn, that is one big-ass key hole!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Love this view

Cedar Point Flickr
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:10 pm

Cedar Point has sent us a press release regarding their new payment plan option for resort guests planning to lock in pre-season rates for their upcoming visits.

Families and friends planning an overnight visit to the “Best Amusement Park in the World,” Cedar Point amusement park/resort, can save money by taking advantage of a convenient new payment plan if they pre-book their visit at the park’s resorts by March 1. The Cedar Point "Easy Pay" plan allows visitors to lock-in the park's low pre-season rates while conveniently managing the cost of their stay in four easy installments. Packages can be purchased on Cedar Point’s website or by calling 419-627-2106. As an extra bonus, Cedar Point provides resort guests with the coveted one hour early entry into the park.

“We are always looking for new ways to make the Cedar Point experience easier and more convenient for our guests,” said Jack Highsmith, corporate vice president of resort operations. “Our new Easy Pay plan now makes it even more affordable for families and friends while staying overnight at the world's best amusement park."
Roller coaster enthusiasts may want to move quickly and take advantage of the park's new payment program. May 11 marks the beginning of a historic year for Cedar Point with the arrival of GateKeeper, the park’s newest world-record-breaking coaster. Towering at 170 feet, spinning through two signature keyholes at speeds of 67 mph – GateKeeper gives guests a simulated flight experience that will break at least five world records including tallest drop, longest track and most inversions of any wing coaster on the planet. The new coaster derives its namesake by twisting up and over Cedar Point's main entrance gates, and joins record-setting legends Top Thrill Dragster and Millennium Force, earning Cedar Point the title “World’s Best Amusement Park” for 15 consecutive years.

In addition to the park’s world-class coasters and the beautiful Cedar Point Beach, guests who stay at any of Cedar Point’s resorts will find there are endless opportunities for an extended stay. Along with park attractions like Planet Snoopy, Luminosity and Dinosaurs Alive, resort guests are eligible for $10 day passes to Castaway Bay indoor waterpark.

Cedar Point’s resorts include the historic Hotel Breakers, which merges all the modern-day conveniences with fine architecture dating back to 1905, Sandcastle Suites, the quaint lakeside cabins and luxury RV sites at Lighthouse Point, Camper Village, Castaway Bay indoor water park and Breakers Express, which offers the best deals for guests on a budget.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby garbanian » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:47 pm

I heard about that on the news the other day and thought it was a pretty grand idea.
Should get a few more people in for a weekend.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Lareson » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:17 pm

That'll go in line with the resort upgrades as well. Heck gotta push that $60mil resort upgrades somewhere. Gives more reason for multi-night stays if the place you're staying is similar to what you're getting at a 5-star hotel. Very happy that they're actually becoming a full resort destination versus being an amusement park with generic hotels on site that may or may not have seen an update in the past 20 years.
The man may keep me down but opinions are my own.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby pyrocoasterkid » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:58 am

At about 4-5 seconds and 16 seconds in, this video shows some renderings of what the new entry way will "officially" look like. This video also has some good shots from the B&M steel plant:

www.wkyc.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=277929

Or here is a still from the video:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:23 am

In regards to the break in the key hole structures. If you look at the renderings, it appears that there is a façade of rectangles on the structure. Its possible they will stay separate inside to allow for the structure to bend when the trains go by without the facade to crack.

Possible.. we will have to wait and see

Maveshark Team Leader and awesome dude!

Postby coasterkyle » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:06 pm

I have a feeling at least as to why the top of the keyholes has a gap is to allow the cable of the crane to pass through, to place the segments of track a lot easier.
Credits - 144 Favorites 1.Skyrush 2.Maverick 3. Phoenix

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:27 pm

coasterkyle wrote:I have a feeling at least as to why the top of the keyholes has a gap is to allow the cable of the crane to pass through, to place the segments of track a lot easier.

:nina:
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby azza29 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:24 pm

^^Practical thinking. I like it.

PreviousNext