Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4113 - Updates to Cedar Point Boardwalk
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Racing for the sky

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterlover420 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:05 pm

^^Thank you
KDCOASTERFAN wrote:
netdvn wrote:^ Are line cutting measures really supposed to increase capacity? I remember Disney did it to cut down on people waiting in lines for rides and spend more time in lines for merchandise/food. Most other parks seem to be doing this for extra revenue than anything else, which is why they're usually pretty expensive.

While that looks fine on paper in practice it doesn't work since instead of shopping or eating people are stuck in line for rides that move even slower than before.

This isn't RCT we're talking about. If people are going to eat or buy something at a theme park, they're going to do it regardless of when/how long they are in line. If anything they are going to ride less coasters so they can eat.

Now can we all just let this go? If you want to boycott the park because of FastLane, then DO IT, don't go, and I'll enjoy the shorter lines ;)
~Signature~

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby 99er » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:40 pm

I wish the park would announce something else already so people can start bitching about it and we can move away from talking about FL and how it is ruining the park. According to their Twitter, some kind of announcement should be coming soon about 'Luminosity'.
-Chris

Remember, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:41 pm

^Luminosity is such a stupid name! Why don't they call it Nighttime Light Show???

Postby 99er » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:44 pm

I actually love the name. Then again, I am a little bias ;)
-Chris

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:47 pm

If we can get several of you to start posting about a Light Show instead in this thread, then we will start discouraging the Fast Lane posts. ;) :p
Last edited by ernierocker on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:48 pm.

Postby 99er » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Who's excited for Luminosity!?!
-Chris

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby bgroodog » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:01 pm

I'm excited for Luminosity! Its so awesome to watch the park transform everyday while I'm at work... something new everyday!

Postby 99er » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:06 pm

^Wait til you see the end product! This is something the park has needed for a while now. The old closing show just wasn't cutting it and last years version of it really showed that.
-Chris

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby bgroodog » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:51 am

LUMINOSITY - Powered by Pepsi, is now OFFICIAL

http://www.cedarpoint.com/what-s-new/luminosity

LUMINOSITY
When the sun sets on another day of thrills at Cedar Point, guests will be treated to an encore of entertainment unlike anything they've seen or heard before. Luminosity, Powered by Pepsi transforms the atmosphere of our midways with lasers, lights and pyrotechnics.

Cedar Point wants you to experience a perfect ending to a perfect day and be immersed in the electrifying atmosphere of Luminosity.

Celebrate Your Day
Designed to capture the imagination of all ages, Luminosity is the perfect way for guests to celebrate together after an action-packed day at Cedar Point. Luminosity will come to life shortly after dusk and bring guests on a journey through land, sea and space. After a dazzling display of pyrotechnics, a DJ cranks up the dance hits, turning the midway into a dance party. Request some of your favorite songs and dance into the night under the sparkling lights of Luminosity.

Pulse Racing Beats
Heart-pounding rythms from top performers such as Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull and Britney Spears will coax even the most reluctant dancers from the sidelines. They'll take a cue from flash mobs who will make surprise appearances throughout the day to give guests a glimpse of what's to come. A cutting-edge sound system will pump Luminosity's music through the midways, energizing the crowd.

Celebration Plaza
The "Iron Dragon Midway" is being transformed to Celebration Plaza. The Luminosity stage runs parallel to the midway, creating great viewing angles from all areas. Enhanced food and beverage stalls surround the plaza and make Luminosity a great place to relax with a snack and drinks. Exclusive V.I.P. seating will also be available in our Pepsi Fan Zone. Look for ways you could be invited to join the fan zone by following Cedar Point and Pepsi on Facebook & Twitter.

Transforming our Midways
The Luminosity experience transcends beyond Celebration Plaza. A new state-of-the-art lighting package on our main midway immerses our guests in the experience and elevates the atomosphere of the park. A second DJ stationed at the famous Ballroom will invite families to join the party before they make their way to the gate. Several rides will also receive updated lighting this year. New lights on Giant Wheel, Millennium Force and Power Tower will illuminate the iconic Cedar Point skyline.

Luminosity will take the stage June 8th, igniting each night through August 19th
Lumo-banner-11.jpg

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:48 am

This actually looks like it's going to be sweet. And I agree changes were needed. I just don't get excited about fire works, so something like this would actually make me want to watch it...

PreviousNext