Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4113 - Updates to Cedar Point Boardwalk
Users viewing this topic: VF15 and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby vacoaster09 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:49 am

^And also the louder wheels. B&M Roar!!! :evil:
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CpBluestreakCp » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:33 am

^^Ah, my bad, had them backwards. Either way, can't wait to see it at full speed even if it's close to it now
Top coasters: Maverick, Storm Runner, Skyrush, Fury 325, Phoenix
*Disclaimer: Ignore my Cedar Point fanboy name that I made when I was 11. It doesn't define me as a poster!*
Follow my Twitter and Instagram

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby GO MUFC!!! » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:14 pm

I'll take this over an aquatrax. :)
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/ce417fa166aba6539858d7b96412309d.jpg[/img][/url]

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby boardwalkbullet91507 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:55 pm

LINK REMOVED

I Don't believe this video of Gatekeeper testing has been posted yet. I checked as far back as the first pictures. Looks nice! Lift is pretty fast too!

My apologies, I still can't figure out how to embed, so I just posted the link. In time I shall learn.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:22 pm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby OnPointTony » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:20 pm

^ That's actually our PointCast, chopped up and zoomed in to make it look different and to get rid of our watermark. We don't condone that sort of thing, but that's what that is.
Tony Clark | Director of Communications | Cedar Point Amusement Park | Twitter

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:37 pm

^With that said, we don't condone those kind of reposted videos either, so I've gone ahead and removed the link.

In more positive news, Cedar Point has sent us a press release announcing their First Ride Auction for GateKeeper, benefiting the Cleveland Clinic Children's Hospital and United Way of Erie County.

Cedar Point amusement park/resort is known for generating screams among thrill seekers, but it also generates tens of thousands of dollars for charities each year.

For the 2013 season, the park is pleased to announce several exciting opportunities for guests to help a great cause while having their best day ever!

FIRST RIDE AUCTION
The addition of a new wing roller coaster, GateKeeper, gives Cedar Point a unique way to raise money for two outstanding organizations! The park is partnering with Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital and United Way of Erie County, each of which have 32 seats available to bidders. Those who place the top bids will secure their seats for the first official ride on GateKeeper on Cedar Point’s Opening Day, May 11.

In exchange for their donations, the top 32 winning bidders will also receive complimentary admission and early entry to Cedar Point, breakfast and special souvenirs, including a T-shirt, medallion and on-ride photo. This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to take flight on GateKeeper, Cedar Point’s 16th roller coaster, while helping local residents and children.

Bidding starts today, April 10, 2013, and will be open until 9 p.m. Monday, May 6, 2013.

To place a bid for Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital, click here: http://www.cedarpoint.com/carouselsforkids.
To place a bid for United Way, click here: http://www.uwerieco.org

CAROUSELS FOR KIDS
As part of an ongoing partnership, Cedar Point and Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital have announced plans for the first-ever Carousels for Kids fundraiser, a program designed to help the hospital’s patients experience childhood joy again. There are several ways to get involved:

Beginning in May, participants can purchase raffle tickets for the chance to win a brand new car from Tim Lally Chevrolet. The car will be displayed inside the park. Tickets are just $5, and proceeds help researchers achieve breakthroughs in pediatric diseases and treatments.

Throughout the month of July, Cedar Point’s guests can show their support just by taking a spin on any of Cedar Point’s three carousels! The park will donate 10 cents for every rider on the Midway Carousel, Kiddy Kingdom Carousel and Cedar Downs Racing Derby on the Main Midway.

“Our ultimate goal is to return kids to fun, and Cedar Point is the ideal partner because fun is their foundation,” said Giovanni Piedimonte, M.D., chairman of the Cleveland Clinic Pediatric Institute and Children’s Hospital. “This campaign allows every single person the chance to help our patients and have fun in the process.”

Cedar Point’s vice president and general manager John Hildebrandt said the park is proud to be part of the first ride auctions and Carousels for Kids as part of an ongoing initiative to give back to the community in a multitude of ways.

“The teams here at Cedar Point, the Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital and United Way of Erie County share many of the same values and are family-focused, so it just made perfect sense for our three organizations to come together to help those who need it the most,” he said.

Learn more about Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital, its patients and initiatives by visiting www.cedarpoint.com/carouselsforkids.

Cedar Point will open for its 144th season on May 11, 2013, with its new wing roller coaster, GateKeeper.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Coaster Curt » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Booked the hotels today for a day at Kings Island and 2 days at Cedar Point, first week CP is open, I can hardly wait. Friday May 17th, Fast Lane Plus all day long :)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mitchellpaul » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Going opening week for the first time ever! Will be there for three days starting on May 15th. Can't freaking wait to get in on all of this awesomness!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Looks like it will be a fun ride! Thanks for the update video!

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Coaster Curt » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:08 pm

mitchellpaul wrote:Going opening week for the first time ever! Will be there for three days starting on May 15th. Can't freaking wait to get in on all of this awesomness!!!

You going with a group or by yourself? We have three in our group and are kind of looking for a 4th to round things out, plus a 4th to get the Fast Lane Plus down another 5 bucks.

PreviousNext