Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4113 - Updates to Cedar Point Boardwalk
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: The Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:12 am

A lot of good points have been raised here. For the most part, it must just be my very strange tolerance of pain. For example, I love riding Gwazi in the back seat (if it wasn't apparent by the user name) even though it's very rough. However, I did not like The Voyage because I found it painful. It's odd, but I guess that's what gives me my unorthodox taste in roller coasters that generally doesn't agree with most enthusiasts.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:39 am

I love diving into the turns on Maverick, I wish there was more of it. I coached a guy going up the first drop and he was thankful afterwards because he had been told the ride was rough and that he wouldn't like it. He loved it. I love that Intamin builds aggressive rides, even if it means I have to physically participate.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Invertalon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:13 am

I am the same way... Maverick is aggressive, not rough. Well, sometimes at the end of the season it is, but in general...

You really have to know how to brace for certain elements. If you are prepared, it is great fun. I love the workout I get on that ride... Too bad I am only good for a few laps before my head is about to explode.

I would not mind the soft OTSR's though.. Make an awesome ride even better. I would not think the retrofit would cost that much.

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:52 pm

^I agree. The hard restraints don't seem to be productive in any way at all. For most people, they don't even come down to the shoulders. I'm sure they are much easier to manufacture and are probably cheaper, but I think they could be a lot more conforming to the rider, like B&M fliers. Nobody ever complains about flier restraints, because they are fitted and softer. I think Intamin should make a move in that direction. It seems i305 has taken a step in that direction, but I think the bar itself should be shaped a bit also, to compensate for the bruised thighs. Just my two cents...
~Signature~

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:02 pm

coasterlover420 wrote:^I agree. The hard restraints don't seem to be productive in any way at all. For most people, they don't even come down to the shoulders. I'm sure they are much easier to manufacture and are probably cheaper, but I think they could be a lot more conforming to the rider, like B&M fliers. Nobody ever complains about flier restraints, because they are fitted and softer. I think Intamin should make a move in that direction. It seems i305 has taken a step in that direction, but I think the bar itself should be shaped a bit also, to compensate for the bruised thighs. Just my two cents...

I agree with this in its entirety. The flier restraints are absolutely wonderful! When I rode Manta for the first time, I was extremely comfortable. That's something I think Intamin needs to do a little bit more work on. That's the main reason I feel that B&M is better than Intamin.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby bgroodog » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:08 pm

logo_coastermania_2011.png
Coastermania 2011 Logo

Cedar Point announced the details for Coaster Mania 2011 today! The details are as follows...

Coastermania Website

Special Notes
When: June 3rd-4th

June 3rd:
- Dick Kinzel Keynote Speech
- ERT 10:45pm - 1:00am (2.25hrs) on the following rides:
Skyhawk, Magnum XL-200, Top Thrill Dragster, Mean Streak (20th Anniversary)

June 4th:
- ERT 5:30am - 8:30am (3hrs) on the following rides:
Millennium Force, Maverick, Mantis (15th Anniversary), Corkscrew (35th Anniversary)
- ERT 10:15pm - 12:00am (1.45hrs) on the following rides:
Raptor, Blue Streak, Disaster Transport, Wicked Twister, maXair
- ERT 10:45pm - 12:00am (1.15hrs) on the following ride:
Windseeker

Friday, June 3 & Saturday, June 4, 2011

If it’s the first weekend in June, it can only mean one thing – it’s time for Cedar Point’s 23rd Annual CoasterMania! This year’s event will be held on Friday, June 3 and Saturday, June 4, 2011 and promises to be the biggest event we’ve ever held!

CoasterMania! 2011 would best be titled as, “You Asked For It, You Got It!” We’ve not only added more rides and roller coasters to the lineup, but the ERT sessions are longer!!!

We’ve added rides such as Mean Streak (celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2011), Corkscrew (celebrating its 35th anniversary in 2011) and the new Windseeker. Plus, the ERT hours are plentiful. Can you handle riding Magnum, Top Thrill Dragster and other scream machines until 1 a.m.?!?!? We hope so! How about getting up a short four hours later to ride thrillers like Maverick, Millennium Force and others for more than three hours! Yes, you read that correctly. Three hours of ERT on Maverick and Millennium Force on Saturday morning!!!

And the fun doesn’t stop there.

Back by popular demand will be the ultra-popular CoasterMania! Film Festival. You could win prizes ranging from exclusive ERT to winter tours and more!

As always there will be free food, prizes, special presentations, exclusive deals for guests staying at any Cedar Point Resort and much, much more.

The action kicks off on Friday, June 3, with a special presentation from our keynote speaker, Cedar Fair Entertainment Company Chairman of the Board, President and CEO Richard Kinzel! Bring your cameras and questions because this is one presentation you will not want to miss!

We hope to see you at CoasterMania! 2011!
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:14 pm.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby braztaz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Looks awesome! Too bad I'm still in school halfway across the country, or I would've definitely given it a spin! That's A LOT of ERT!
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Something's telling me that it will still be crowded as hell though. At least they extended ERT from last year!
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby RedB » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:52 pm

How are the ERT sessions at Coaster Mania? Do the lines get ridiculously long like on ride nights, or since more rides are running at once do things go smoothly?

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby redfoot12 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:14 pm

I've never been to Cedar Point, let alone Coastermania. I'm thinking of finally making a trip this summer. Would a weekend like this be a good way to introduce myself to the park?

PreviousNext