Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Spinach plus Tuna makes the taste of the paste!

Postby Reality15 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:09 am

imdrunk, Maverick will be open for opening day, so you shouldn't have any problem at all getting on it for your visit. Keep in mind it may have a large line, so get there right when the park opens to beat the crowds! One strategy would be to park back by Soak City and then go in the entrance gate under Magnum, that will put you closest to Maverick.

Just trying to help out. Everybody better say "Hi!" to me when you ride it this summer.
Check me out on: Flickr // YouTube // Facebook // Twitter

Baby I'm Ready To Gooooooooo

Postby thrillrideseeker » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:42 am

:| THIS IS SO BORING. :| I am sitting here watching this webcam like I am waiting for something to happen. :roll: Grrrrr I need to get a life. I keep seeing a bird fly in front of the camera. This is so boring. OMG that is weird. It just took me from looking at Maverick to looking at Top Thrill Dragster and I did not do anything. NOPE it is back at maverick, now it is on skyhawk. OMG I am so confused. Why wont it stay still?
~Matthew
~Matt & Matt~

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby haux » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:44 am

My friend who works at the park says testing started Thursday.

He said it rolled back in the second corkscrew. :P
I am out of ideas for what to write in this signature box.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby CedarPoint420 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:13 pm

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby cjeagle35 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:54 pm

I must say this shot looks absolutely amazing. That heartline role will be quite the element, creating a visual in which riders will feel they will hit the ground on the roll.
maverick.jpg
I can't wait to ride!

I'm skating on thin ice.

Postby Eric_Smith » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:25 pm

cjeagle35 wrote:I must say this shot looks absolutely amazing. That heartline role will be quite the element, creating a visual in which riders will feel they will hit the ground on the roll.

From that angle it looks like they have been testing so they must have fixed this:
He said it rolled back in the second corkscrew.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:28 pm

Eric_Smith wrote:
cjeagle35 wrote:I must say this shot looks absolutely amazing. That heartline role will be quite the element, creating a visual in which riders will feel they will hit the ground on the roll.

From that angle it looks like they have been testing so they must have fixed this:

How does that angle make it look like they've been testing? I see no train in the picture.

If it has been testing and has rolled back that's no big deal. Rides roll back all the time, especially when brand new and in cold weather.

Even Millenium Force won't clear the 2nd hill without water dummy's when it's cold.

I'm skating on thin ice.

Postby Eric_Smith » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:32 pm

Carnage wrote:
Eric_Smith wrote:

How does that angle make it look like they've been testing? I see no train in the picture.

If it has been testing and has rolled back that's no big deal. Rides roll back all the time, especially when brand new and in cold weather.

Even Millenium Force won't clear the 2nd hill without water dummy's when it's cold.

I mean look at the rails. I looked at them and it looks like the train has gone over that spot several times. Or could that be from the pull through?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:36 pm

Eric_Smith wrote:I mean look at the rails. I looked at them and it looks like the train has gone over that spot several times. Or could that be from the pull through?

I think you're seeing things. ;)

All I see is dirt from the construction, and the white running lines that are built into the rails.

You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the track that the train had been testing.

I'm skating on thin ice.

Postby Eric_Smith » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:42 pm

Look at the rails.

PreviousNext