Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: Airboss, chickenbowl, coasternut, John Peck, michaellynn4 and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Mon May 08, 2006 4:17 pm

^^ Well I wasn't making that point trying to make it seem that this isn't an aqua trax.

At this point I'd say that's the strongest rumour.

But really I can't help but ask why??

Postby alpengeist04 » Mon May 08, 2006 4:25 pm

BeemerBoy wrote:Who knows, maybe the B&M track hasn't shown up yet, and this is really gonna be a true dueling coaster..... B&M vs. Intamin. They can give up the name "Maverick" and go with "Clash of the Titans." :lmao:

I like that idea. To bad the Medusa and Kraken names have been used. ;)

Postby Carnage » Mon May 08, 2006 4:29 pm

BeemerBoy wrote:In the end, I'm probably wrong no matter what I think it might be. But if it is either of the two types mentioned, then I guess CP is also trying to go for the first 8 hour wait in the world too. ;)

Actually they've already done that a few times.

Magnum,Millenium Force, and TTD all had massive waits at some point in their opening years.

Magnum I saw with 6-7 hour waits, MF I saw with 4 hour waits(and heard from others that it was getting even longer then that upwards of 7 hours on the saturdays), and TTD obviously had waits this long due to the problems in it's opening year.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby 3rdShiftCM » Mon May 08, 2006 4:29 pm

I love the idea of an Aquatrax, I noticed it's mostly the younger set that's unhappy about this idea.

My only problem is that unless CP has decided to heavily theme a ride for the first time ever, I don't think the Aquatrax would look good as a stand alone coaster, of course that's IMHO.

I've always been impressed with what Lotte world did with there’s, I would hope that any other park that built one would follow there lead.

Postby Carnage » Mon May 08, 2006 4:30 pm

BeemerBoy wrote:In the end, I'm probably wrong no matter what I think it might be. But if it is either of the two types mentioned, then I guess CP is also trying to go for the first 8 hour wait in the world too. ;)

Actually they've already done that a few times.

Magnum,Millenium Force, and TTD all had massive waits at some point in their opening years.

Magnum I saw with 6-7 hour waits, MF I saw with 4 hour waits(and heard from others that it was getting even longer then that upwards of 7 hours on the saturdays), and TTD obviously had waits this long due to the problems in it's opening year.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Mon May 08, 2006 4:37 pm

^ Wow, that's insane. I guess they'll just have to up the stakes and run only one train to hit the 10 hour mark maybe? :lmao:
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Milkchan » Mon May 08, 2006 5:17 pm

A aquatrax coaster made by intamin who made TTD which broke down alot during the first year + aquatrax single car that fits 8 people= The worlds record for the longest line for an amusement park ride!

Seriously I highly doubt CP is going to get and aquatrax because it HAS TO HAVE GOOD THEMEING to make this an enjoyable coaster, without the themeing it willl be kind of dull. A CP executive said they would not spend alot of money on themeing like they did on Disaster Transporter.
I still think that it is a looping coaster because the footer b y the pond actually shape an interlocking corkscrews.

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Mon May 08, 2006 5:24 pm

The corkscrew patterned footers could actually be "bunny hop turns" like the ones found on SROS (SFNE)/ Speed Monster etc.
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby cprocks22 » Mon May 08, 2006 5:55 pm

Heres the pictures that i promised in my Photo TR:
IMG_0339.jpg
IMG_0340.jpg
IMG_0341.jpg
IMG_0350.jpg
IMG_0351.jpg
IMG_0352.jpg
IMG_0353.jpg

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby mightypotato » Mon May 08, 2006 6:00 pm

Alright, so let me see if I've got this straight. We've gone from it being dueling B&M flyers, to a ball coaster, to a wing walker, to an aqua trax, and now back to square one. This guessing game is getting intense. I wonder how many people are actually right about what they're guessing. It will be interesting to see when CP makes an announcement about 2007.
Parks: 55, Steel: 234, Wood: 72, Total: 306
I ain't afraid of no rollycoaster!

PreviousNext