Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Final Destination Guy!

Postby Goliath513 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:17 pm

Guess it's not a Dan friendly coaster then. :P

I hope to get one of these credits someday.

Full Fledged RETARD!

Postby Adrenaline_Rush » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:21 pm

Question: Why is it called AQUAtrax when there is no AQUA to it, I mean sure it goes over the water extremely closely, but there is not real AQUA to it.

One time I ate pancakes

Postby Mr. Volcano » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:59 pm

Wow! That ride looks AWESOME! I never knew it didn't come into contact with water though. I guess since I never heard anything about this ride, but only saw brief pics, I thought it might have been like Journey to Atlantis, but with a better coaster design. Anyways, I can see the similarities... neat!

-Justin

Postby Wes » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:20 pm

Adrenaline_Rush wrote:Question: Why is it called AQUAtrax when there is no AQUA to it, I mean sure it goes over the water extremely closely, but there is not real AQUA to it.
atadv2.jpg

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Ummm

Postby Buddy johnson » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:18 pm

^ UMMMM.. It actually touches the water, but i didn't get anything like AQUA on ride. I've forgotten there's water to it. HAHA :lolr:

For me, the weird thing is why they often repaint it. I've seen it repainted 3 times since they opened--because of some RUST on it!! Is it really Aqua Trax?!

It's hot outside, and I have a headache

Postby SLUSHIE » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:43 pm

I still think AQUATrax or whatever are really pointless. So they spray some water on the track... yippie.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:42 am

Reality15 wrote:Maverick is not an aqua trax. I've seen the blueprints, talked to the programmer, and was a part of the re-construction and programming all through the month of May. The ride is a new product from Intamin called the "Ricochet Lift and Launch" coaster, not an "Aqua Trax".

See, but this is a case of "who you talked to versus who I talked to" and the people I talked to said it WAS originally planned as an Aqua Trax.

Now it could very well be that it was very early in the planning stages and by the time it got to blue prints it was already changed, or perhaps the blue prints you saw or the programmer you talked only knew the project in it's post-changed format.

For example, in the video game world, I have worked on several games that in initial concept are one design, but by the time they actually get put into production end up being something else, but remnants of that original design are still lingering about in the final product and many programmers and artists would have never even known about the original concept.

The latter is what I'm assuming happened to Maverick.

--Robb

My small thing speaks for itself

Postby AllenA07 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:28 pm

Looking at the basic design, it does look plausible that Maverick was orignally planned to be an AquaTrax.

Planning on retiring to Radiator Springs

Postby Skramp » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:30 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Keep in mind that the Aqua Trax train never actually does come in contact with the water. Matterhorn's bobsleds have more contact than Atlantis does.

--Robb

I don't know about this Robb. From this picture you posted it sure looks like the car comes in contact with water? I know it doesn't plunge into a big pool of water or anything, but wouldn't that be the same as if there was rain on the track. I'd have to agree with what someone else said that it is CF policy to close the rides due to the Magnum accident.
aqua1_100.jpg
Water sprayed directly onto track.
Who was that again?

Postby Wes » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:32 pm

Robb meant a splashdown pool like the Matterhorn has.

PreviousNext