Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: DarienPoint and 43 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GMAN962 » Tue May 15, 2007 7:23 pm

^They're probably testing to make sure that all other parts of the ride are working, and in order. (i.e. The launch tunnel)
TheBannedKid [9:19pm]: I hope you don't think I'm obsessed with you Chuck. You are just a really cool guy!

Frutilicious!

Postby KrakenKing » Tue May 15, 2007 7:34 pm

Yeah, from that video it didn't look like the roll was perfectly heartlined, it actually looks like a "Heartline" roll in RCT3, the way the train navigates it. I really hope they don't get rid of it all together and just stretch it out, as that's the part of the ride I'm most looking forward to.
Signature.

The Preppy Emo

Postby Blazen_AZN » Tue May 15, 2007 7:40 pm

Hey, what the problem with a little airtime in the roll?

... Other then the fact that it was enough of a problem that it needed replacing, that is...

Postby vjgx » Tue May 15, 2007 7:51 pm

Like I said, I really don't think it's a matter of the heartline roll's length. They're only replacing three pieces, so it's very unlikely that it'll be lengthened. The problem is that it's not perfectly heartlined, especially vertically... Watch a video of Colossus at TP and compare the perfect heartline rolls to Maverick's current one, and you'll see how poorly done the original trackwork for Maverick is in that section. Maverick's track is barely heartlined vertically, so it probably causes a sudden uncomfortable g-spike.

I'd bet money that the new track pieces are primarily to heighten the middle of the roll so that the heartline works perfectly from now on. ;)

Ask me about being a pathological liar!!

Postby kraken613 » Tue May 15, 2007 7:56 pm

Cedar Point should of gone with some sort of B&M. If they had we would all be riding right now!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GMAN962 » Tue May 15, 2007 7:59 pm

^Did you not read the first 25 or so pages? We had a huge debate over that! Who cares?! It's not a B&M!
TheBannedKid [9:19pm]: I hope you don't think I'm obsessed with you Chuck. You are just a really cool guy!

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby ghost007jas » Tue May 15, 2007 9:44 pm

hemmy wrote:I wonder what they are testing now after they have determined the heartline roll needs replacing?

Perhaps other parts of the track?

They are primarily training the staff and getting the computer systems working and ficing bugs, working out the kinks. All that Jazz.

Vote in the Coasterdom Coaster Championship every M/W/F!

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby jimths08 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:15 pm

kraken613 wrote:Cedar Point should of gone with some sort of B&M. If they had we would all be riding right now!

Then you'd complain about how "forceless" it is.

I'd rather wait another month for a ride twice as good.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Wed May 16, 2007 8:24 am

vjgx wrote:Like I said, I really don't think it's a matter of the heartline roll's length. They're only replacing three pieces, so it's very unlikely that it'll be lengthened. The problem is that it's not perfectly heartlined, especially vertically... Watch a video of Colossus at TP and compare the perfect heartline rolls to Maverick's current one, and you'll see how poorly done the original trackwork for Maverick is in that section. Maverick's track is barely heartlined vertically, so it probably causes a sudden uncomfortable g-spike.

I'd bet money that the new track pieces are primarily to heighten the middle of the roll so that the heartline works perfectly from now on. ;)

Yeah, that's what I would assume. Would that mean that they have to put in a new support beam also?

LIVE It. LIKE It. LOVE It.!

Postby CoasterExpert13 » Wed May 16, 2007 10:54 am

robbalvey wrote:
CoasterExpert13 wrote:I'm pissed....My CP trip is this Sunday & Monday...I was looking forward to riding Maverick. I don't even know if i'll be able to hit CP again this year...this blows major a**!

All I will say is, and don't take this the wrong way, if you read what Elissa and I always say about "going to a park for the opening of a new ride" our general rule is "don't."

Especially if it's something "new" or a new variation on technology.

One more thing I want to point out. It's very easy for us to "blame Intamin" because as we are all roller coaster enthusiasts that's what we see.

We have no idea if the reason these track pieces need to be replaced or modified could have nothing to do with Intamin. For example, could be stress fractures based on who was contracted to put the ride together or who poured the footers.

I have no more information than you all do about the delay I'm just saying don't be so quick to point the blame finger until there have been more details released.

--Robb

Lol, I just read this...>I didn't plan my trip to CP for the opening of Maverick...though I did want to ride itl.....I like CP in general and haven't been to since 2004, so I was going regardless and I did.... I had a blast...I never plan my trips around one ride....lol!!!!!!!
Live.Laugh.Love.Life.

PreviousNext