Well, I've been drawn into the drama which is Cedar Point '07. We've got little birdies chirping secrets, kids ready to denounce the name of their favorite park, and a mysterious tarp-covered track lurking in the distance.
So, I'll go ahead and take a stab at it. After looking back over all the "facts" that have been presented, I'll go with the ball coaster theory...and here's why:
1) Elissa suggested another Intamin prototype. While I don't follow this stuff as closely as some of you do, I would tend to believe Elissa on this one.
2) The word prototype is defined as: An original model after which other similiar things are paterned. Am I correct in assuming there's currently no other ball coasters in the world? If not, then this would be the first.
3) Ole Dickie boy and CP like to be the first at whatever they do. It doesn't necessarily need to be the best of whatever it is.....just the first.
Ex: Magnum=1st hyper, MF=first giga, TTD=first strata, etc. etc.
4) Judging by the RCDB pics, if it were to be an Aqutrax, that type of coaster seems to work better when highly themed.....and I just don't see CP going all out in the theming department. See examples below.
5) CP has dropped hints such as "put two and two together" and "we're heading in a different direction"....that would seem to match up somewhat with the pic below in several ways.
Of course, if they are indeed going with another low capacity ride, personally I'd rather see the wing walker with the effect similiar to Sheikra. The "spray cone brakes" are patented and wouldn't even be necessary. I just think the design of the wing walker lends itself better to the effect of traveling over water like Sheikra does. Your feet would swoop down over the water rather than having a floorboard beneath you. But heh, whatever.
In the end, I'm probably wrong no matter what I think it might be. But if it is either of the two types mentioned, then I guess CP is also trying to go for the first 8 hour wait in the world too.
Who knows, maybe the B&M track hasn't shown up yet, and this is really gonna be a true dueling coaster..... B&M vs. Intamin. They can give up the name "Maverick" and go with "Clash of the Titans."
Anyway, big thanks to Johnnyupsidedown, Beber, and RCDB for the pics.