Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: djcoastermark, ViperGTS500 and 29 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Location: Parkersburg,West Virginia(4 hours from Cedar Point)

Postby Robbie » Mon May 08, 2006 2:09 pm

Umm, guys that track isnt even at cedar point, since there is something(probably track) by Breakers I belive its called and that doesnt even look remotely like breakers in the back ground

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Mon May 08, 2006 2:09 pm

I am really disapointed in Cedar Point if they do get an aqua trax coaster. This is an outrage, it makes me want to change my screen name (even though I already did want to because Im not really a CP fanboy). Oh well, I guess I will just have to go somewhere else.... this really is making me depressed even though Im trying to act fine.... I HATE YOU CP!

Justin "welcome to my soap opra life," Seabaugh

PS- Maybe it will be something else! Maybe everyone else is wrong! =)

PSS- No way in hell dude, its practically proven. :devil:

PSSS- Well im still hoping.... :?r

Post Signature, Signature-
Justin "Yea, Im not really a skitz.... I dont think..." Seabaugh

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Location: Parkersburg,West Virginia(4 hours from Cedar Point)

Postby Robbie » Mon May 08, 2006 2:12 pm

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Mon May 08, 2006 2:38 pm

Robbie wrote:Umm, guys that track isnt even at cedar point, since there is something(probably track) by Breakers I belive its called and that doesnt even look remotely like breakers in the back ground

Which pics are you talking about?

It's by Breakers Express,not Breakers. The "real" pics you linked to are the one's we were talking about.

Any other track pics are one's of other rides(like Atlantis in Korea) that people were using as comparisons.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon May 08, 2006 2:55 pm

CP_RULES wrote:I am really disapointed in Cedar Point if they do get an aqua trax coaster. This is an outrage, it makes me want to change my screen name (even though I already did want to because Im not really a CP fanboy). Oh well, I guess I will just have to go somewhere else.... this really is making me depressed even though Im trying to act fine.... I HATE YOU CP!

Justin "welcome to my soap opra life," Seabaugh

PS- Maybe it will be something else! Maybe everyone else is wrong! =)

PSS- No way in hell dude, its practically proven. :devil:

PSSS- Well im still hoping.... :?r

Post Signature, Signature-
Justin "Yea, Im not really a skitz.... I dont think..." Seabaugh

WOW it starts already and the ride isnt even announced :lmao: ! I dont get it why would an aquatrax be a bad thing for cp??
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Idiot.

Postby Stitch » Mon May 08, 2006 3:01 pm

What exactly is the Aqua Trax, in all the pictures I have seen of the one at Lotte world, it just looks like a splash boat on a track :omg:
I don't post here enough to warrant a signature.

My That's A Big Drink!

Postby rollermonkey » Mon May 08, 2006 3:13 pm

(Disclaimer) I haven't ridden Atlantis Adventure at Lotte, but I have seen it testing. (All d@mn day!)

I saw no floating sections on AA.

The splash effect is done similar to Sheikra's.

There appeared to be multiple sections of LIM boosts and LIM brakes.

The restraint and seating system is unique. You straddle the seat like a sea-doo. It doesn't have the back pad like Vekoma booster bikes. I'm not 100% but it was described to me as being a modified version of the Intamin T-bar. Instead of being connected to the floor, it moves in some sort of track to position itself between your legs. It sounds fantastically stupid!

The ride itself was supposed to be fun.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Mon May 08, 2006 3:34 pm

^ So it really is just a dumb new name for a LIM launched ride that uses ugly low capacity trains??

Full Fledged Bi Enthusiast

Postby okinawaboy11 » Mon May 08, 2006 3:45 pm

^ Good point, I don't think Cedar Point would get an Aqua trax coaster if it has incredibly low capacity. They would go for something that has long, 18 or 20 to 36 people in one train.

...But then again there is Disaster Transport. :?r

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Mon May 08, 2006 4:16 pm

Well, I've been drawn into the drama which is Cedar Point '07. We've got little birdies chirping secrets, kids ready to denounce the name of their favorite park, and a mysterious tarp-covered track lurking in the distance. :lolr:

So, I'll go ahead and take a stab at it. After looking back over all the "facts" that have been presented, I'll go with the ball coaster theory...and here's why:

1) Elissa suggested another Intamin prototype. While I don't follow this stuff as closely as some of you do, I would tend to believe Elissa on this one.

2) The word prototype is defined as: An original model after which other similiar things are paterned. Am I correct in assuming there's currently no other ball coasters in the world? If not, then this would be the first.

3) Ole Dickie boy and CP like to be the first at whatever they do. It doesn't necessarily need to be the best of whatever it is.....just the first. Ex: Magnum=1st hyper, MF=first giga, TTD=first strata, etc. etc.

4) Judging by the RCDB pics, if it were to be an Aqutrax, that type of coaster seems to work better when highly themed.....and I just don't see CP going all out in the theming department. See examples below.

5) CP has dropped hints such as "put two and two together" and "we're heading in a different direction"....that would seem to match up somewhat with the pic below in several ways.

Of course, if they are indeed going with another low capacity ride, personally I'd rather see the wing walker with the effect similiar to Sheikra. The "spray cone brakes" are patented and wouldn't even be necessary. I just think the design of the wing walker lends itself better to the effect of traveling over water like Sheikra does. Your feet would swoop down over the water rather than having a floorboard beneath you. But heh, whatever.

In the end, I'm probably wrong no matter what I think it might be. But if it is either of the two types mentioned, then I guess CP is also trying to go for the first 8 hour wait in the world too. ;)

Who knows, maybe the B&M track hasn't shown up yet, and this is really gonna be a true dueling coaster..... B&M vs. Intamin. They can give up the name "Maverick" and go with "Clash of the Titans." :lmao:

Anyway, big thanks to Johnnyupsidedown, Beber, and RCDB for the pics.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

PreviousNext