Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Maveshark Team Leader and awesome dude!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterkyle » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Now they just need to put some planters along the middle of that midway in my opinion.
Credits - 144 Favorites 1.Skyrush 2.Maverick 3. Phoenix

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Back in the days wen Giant Wheel was located where MF's station is currently, that big screen was a really big obstruction:

Go to 0:40.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXXAPow1M0E&feature=related

Administrators: I have trouble posting a youtube video.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby coastermaniac » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:33 pm

I've grown up with the screen being there so I've just been used to it. Does anyone know how long it's been there?

For some reason, I am a bit upset that it is going away. I guess I'll just have to see what the area looks like without it to see whether I like it better...which it should.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby 99er » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:22 pm

The area will look much better without it, not to mention the new night time show should make most forget the screen was ever there.
-Chris

Remember, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:49 pm

It makes me wonder if this is part one of a multi-year or multi-phase plan, which also involves eventually removing Wildcat to add something in that area...a family coaster, or 'updated' wild mouse coaster perhaps. Removing that screen opens up a lot of space, and a move like that wouldn't surprise me at all considering Wildcat's recent track record.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:57 pm

FeelTheFORCE wrote:It makes me wonder if this is part one of a multi-year or multi-phase plan, which also involves eventually removing Wildcat to add something in that area...a family coaster, or 'updated' wild mouse coaster perhaps. Removing that screen opens up a lot of space, and a move like that wouldn't surprise me at all considering Wildcat's recent track record.

The screen doesn't take up much space its self, unless you are counting the midway where guests view the show?

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:03 am

Yes, that's what I implied. That viewing area took up a fairly large chunk, and (obviously) had to be kept open and free from obstructions due to the show. I believe Iron Dragon, for whatever reason, even had to temporarily shut down during the show as well? Now the entire area from the train station clear to the Sky Ride's station (plus Wildcat's area if need be) is all open and fair game with no restrictions because of a laser show.

Also, weren't there rumors that the car ride behind Raptor's cobra roll (I want to say the Cadillac one, but I can't remember which one was rumored...maybe both?) might be on the way out? If so, that only extends the portion of land, opening up a whole hell of a lot more.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:08 pm

YAY!! The big ugly screen is coming down. =) That laser show ran its course and it's time for it come down plus it was a bottleneck that was hell to walk through when the show was over.

I sort of miss having the Giant Wheel where it used to be. Nice views of the middle of the park from there.

FeelTheFORCE wrote:I believe Iron Dragon, for whatever reason, even had to temporarily shut down during the show as well? Now the entire area from the train station clear to the Sky Ride's station (plus Wildcat's area if need be) is all open and fair game with no restrictions because of a laser show.

Also, weren't there rumors that the car ride behind Raptor's cobra roll (I want to say the Cadillac one, but I can't remember which one was rumored...maybe both?) might be on the way out? If so, that only extends the portion of land, opening up a whole hell of a lot more.

Both Iron Dragon and Wildcat did shut down for the show but would reopen immediately afterwards when the park was open past 10.

One thing that gets in the way of using the Iron Dragon midway is the former IMAX theater now Good Time Theater. To rip that out would be a large undertaking. (I think it's too big to house an ice skating show that will eventually get old and really too big to house any other kind of show). But other than that the Dodgems and Wildcat could be relocated but given the recent history with Wildcat I don't know if they'd do that or just try to sell it.

I believe the rumor is that Turnpike was going to be removed and the Cadillac Cars (you're correct - they are the ones behind Raptor's cobra roll) would be rerouted.

Postby thrillrider » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Darn it.

Going to be at Disney durring this time.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby G$ Kurt » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:40 am

One of the other plots of real-estate in that area rumured to be opened up is the Cedars Dorms. With rumors of big changes coming to cp employee housing, we could easily see Cedars be officially retired. Using wildcats spot to access that land is more than enough room for a big ride.

PreviousNext