Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 3920: Iron Dragon VR & new augmented game debut 6/9/17
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Ohiocoasterman » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:07 pm

robbalvey wrote:
DirkFunk wrote:
robbalvey wrote:So am I correct in thinking they are finally pulling down the old Bon Air section of Hotel Breakers? That, IMO is FANTASTIC NEWS!!! The new wing looks great!

Thinking? Bruh, they pulled it down last off season.

Ha! That's awesome! Wait, was it not there for the Valravn season and I didn't even notice? lol

It was taken down when they were redoing Hotel Breakers. I think 2 years ago?? I'm glad they did and are rebuilding the new tower. It was much needed.
Trips to Cedar Point in 08= 3 Other Parks = 3
Have Ridden Top Thrill Dragster 176 times overall
RIDES ON MAVERICK = 29!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby DILinator » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:27 am

It's interesting... I was just looking at the various updated Cedar Fair websites, specifically their Park Maps, and noticed that although CP has updated their site, their Park Map is still old. And not even last year old. While it does have Valravn on it, is still has Shoot the Rapids on it, and RipCord in its old spot. Additionally, Mean Streak is still alive, a train racing down the lift hill (the wrong direction at that!) Given all of the other parks that have updated sites have their updated Park Maps as well, this seems peculiar to me. I wonder if CP is still holding off the reveal of their updated Park Map, for some particular reason? Hmmm...
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby dreynolds1982 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:39 am

Does anyone know with the new/expanded water park opening has this changed the Soak City/Resorts parking area that used to enter nearest to Maverick? I will be there before the water park is open but not sure if the parking lot would still be usable or has changed/moved any with the expansion.

Thanks!
Favorite Parks: Carowinds (Home Park), BGW, Any Disney Park, IOA, Family Kingdom (Myrtle Beach Classic!)
Favorite Steel (no order): Apollo's Chariot, Fury 325, Hulk, Mind Bender (SFOG), Space Mt (DL), Afterburn (Carowinds), Volcano
Favorite Wood (no order): Georgia Cyclone, Thunder Road (Carowinds...RIP), Swamp Fox (Family Kingdom), Woodstock Express (Carowinds...no seriously it's awesome), Thunderhead

I Love Donkeys!

Postby KIJester » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:32 am

dreynolds1982 wrote:Does anyone know with the new/expanded water park opening has this changed the Soak City/Resorts parking area that used to enter nearest to Maverick? I will be there before the water park is open but not sure if the parking lot would still be usable or has changed/moved any with the expansion.

Thanks!

Ditto, dreynolds1982, I will be driving from Charlotte to Cedar Point on 5/18/17 and would like to know as well.

I know in the past, you couldn't go pass the guard gate near Soak City as that was Hotel Breakers guest parking only. Normally, I would just park near Gemini or in the Soak City lot, but now it appears that CP Shores has a new separate entrance that took up some of the old SC parking so the fact that you and I will be traveling before the water park opens, I'm not sure how this all plays out.

Incidentally, I called the toll free number on website but they had no details to give me regarding parking :(

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:00 am

Based on the webcam it looks like there have been zero changes to the parking lot. The new additions seem to be taking up space previously occupied by Challenge Park.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby thepoint4life23 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:11 am

From what i have seen the Soak City parking lot is the Same it is just the entrance that has been done. You should be fine.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby savetheclocktower » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:42 am

However, the parking area adjacent to Magnum will be preferred parking, according to the plans in the link quoted below.

CP Maverick wrote:Here's an HD version of the new CP Shores area: 4032x3024
http://rollercoasterfreak.com/shores.jpg

[Credit to Sam Natcher II for the photo.]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:53 am

Okay, but that's a brand new lot so there's most likely nothing changing with the existing lot.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby savetheclocktower » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:59 am

Oops, I forgot that Challenge Park was in the spot of the proposed new lot.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby CP Maverick » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:09 pm

The Soak City lot has been renovated, and the Preferred Parking/Handicap Parking was added where Ripcord formerly sat.
Original Maverick '99

PreviousNext