Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 955: Disneyland reopening postponed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:15 am

Awesome! I love the Impossible stuff, and Beyond too. I'm not vegetarian, I just think it tastes good. Glad to see them add these options.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:51 am

^ Big same here. Even my kid has been turned on to the Impossible burgers thanks to the Impossible Whopper, so much so that if we end up going to Burger King he usually ends up getting one. I'm excited to see what they're going to be doing with these; those new dishes sound pretty great!
That coaster dad [340] and that coaster kiddo [222]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby tinaalsgirl » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:45 pm

They soft opened the "Magic Happens" parade today. I've already watched 5 different people's recordings of it on YouTube. It's great! Biggest issue is a lot of the floats are too tall in relation to the majority of people sitting to watch the parade. A lot of elements are hard to see unless you're watching from above (I'm waiting to see if anyone got video from the Main Street train station - that'll be a good angle).

But the music is great and the costumes are wonderful (kinda bummed that Tiana didn't get a new version of her dress, when Cinderella, Aurora, and even the Blue Fairy got new versions of their outfits). I LOVE the way they did Aurora's dress - I wasn't sure if they were gonna use LED or fiber optics or projection to show her dress changing color... But they managed to do it just with a really well-done color-shift fabric!

Can't wait for the higher quality videos that will come out within the next few weeks once the YouTubers have been able to do multi-angle recordings and the source file for the music leaks.... It's pretty much par for the course with Disney parades, which is great, because I haven't been to a Disney park in 8 years, so it's nice to have high quality videos/audio to watch/listen to online of the new parades! (Paint the Night is still my all-time fave so far)

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:06 pm

3 hours after opening and backup boarding groups are still available. Is this a record?
Screenshot_20200304-120350.png
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Nickelodeon Universe (MN) & Family Kingdom

Postby coasterbill » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:16 pm

Some airline needs to have a nice Coronavirus sale so we can jump on this. Come on guys, I know you have it in you.
Last edited by coasterbill on Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:17 pm.

Postby bert425 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:31 pm

^ Cruises are taking advantage. . super cheap 7 day cruises right now.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:32 pm

^ From where to where? Just curious of me. And I'm too lazy to find out myself, thanks! :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby bert425 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ From where to where? Just curious of me. And I'm too lazy to find out myself, thanks! :smile:

this one for example (leaving Sunday). . or a week later: similar itinerary w/ same perks for $265 pp.
Capture.PNG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:06 am

Quick question about the boarding group system -

With the drop in attendance we were thinking of making a last minute trip this Sunday and Monday (two days from now) to take advantage before the spring break and summer crowds make the place a wreck. If by some miracle Rise Of The Resistance plows through the groups and we get to ride, are we able to then join another boarding group if they're still available?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:01 am

KBrylczyk wrote:Quick question about the boarding group system -

With the drop in attendance we were thinking of making a last minute trip this Sunday and Monday (two days from now) to take advantage before the spring break and summer crowds make the place a wreck. If by some miracle Rise Of The Resistance plows through the groups and we get to ride, are we able to then join another boarding group if they're still available?

Yes. You can get another boarding group if they are available after yours has been redeemed.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!