Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 887: Hyperspace Mountain returns on May 25th, 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Aw, you were there literally the day after I was and got to ride Indy. It was closed for annual maintenance on my visit.

Which brings up another piece of advice for Kadath: Check the annual maintenance schedule. Outside of the summer, Disneyland usually has one or two rides scheduled to be down for maintenance. Try to go at a time when a ride you don't care about is down.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:12 am

^ That's what I did, check the maintenance schedule, and found out Indy would be back open
on the last of the three days I was spending at DL and DCA. Timing. :smile:
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:03 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I'm WAY cooler than Henry M.

Postby Lameformer » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:40 am

How crowded do you guys think the park is going to be on Monday? The ticket price for that day is only $97, but I think several OC school districts have that day off from school, so I'm not sure how to analyze it.
Life is like a roller coaster- it has its ups, its downs, its heartline rolls, its batwings, its immelmanns, its corkscrews, is pretzel loops, its..... never mind.

Credits: 56
1.Twisted Colossus 2.X2 3.Tatsu 4.Xcelerator 5.GhostRider 6.YOLOcoaster 7.Superman: Escape From Krypton 8.Rock N Roller Coaster 9.Riddler's Revenge 10.Batman: The Ride

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:14 am

Lameformer wrote:How crowded do you guys think the park is going to be on Monday? The ticket price for that day is only $97, but I think several OC school districts have that day off from school, so I'm not sure how to analyze it.

A holiday + no AP blackouts + school's having the day off will more than likely = crowded. Good luck!
Tigga, please!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:04 am

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/d23j-update-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

Just moments ago, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Bob Chapek shared an update on the progress of the highly anticipated land, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and shared a sneak peek at the unique Toydarian merchandise guests will find exclusively in the land.

At Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, guests will visit the planet of Batuu, a remote outpost on the galaxy’s edge that was once a busy crossroads along the old sub-lightspeed trade routes. Here, guests will find themselves in the middle of the action at two attractions that take detail and immersion to the next level: one that lets guests take the controls of Millennium Falcon on a customized secret mission, and an epic Star Wars adventure that puts guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.

Guests will also be able to explore a street market run by a Toydarian, a character first introduced in “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.” Among his wares will be handcrafted toys made by local artisans, like those seen above.

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is set to open at both the Disneyland and the Walt Disney World Resorts in 2019.
toy234087-624x352.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/d23j-update-disney-california-adventure/

As Disney Parks Chairman Bob Chapek announced at D23 Expo Japan, Pixar Pier will open June 23 at Disney California Adventure park. This reimagined land will feature four whimsical neighborhoods representing beloved Pixar stories with newly themed attractions, foods and merchandise. Guests will enter Pixar Pier through a new marquee, pictured above, which will be topped by the iconic Pixar lamp later in the year.

Image_DLR_Pixar Pier Marquee.jpg

The June 23 opening of Pixar Pier will also include the Incredicoaster – a super combination of character figures, lighting and special effects that will bring the Parr family racing alongside you in a high-speed adventure.

ppcdl76898856-613x361.jpg

Also coming in June is a dazzling new float for the popular “Paint the Night” parade featuring Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl and Frozone from “The Incredibles.” This new float will bring all of the fun and excitement of the Incredibles’ world to life with high-tech, pop-art effects inspired by the mid-century-modern style of the films. Dynamic and innovative visual technology will also bring Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack to life, showcasing their powers in surprising ways!

Image_DLR_Pixar Fest Incredibles Float.jpg

“Paint the Night” Parade makes its Disney California Adventure park debut when the first-ever Pixar Fest celebration begins throughout the Disneyland Resort on April 13.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Masquerade » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:22 pm

Will park security assassinate me if I still insist on calling it California Screamin'?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 pm

No, but Syndrome will definitely send some Omnidroids after you.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:47 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:No, but Syndrome will definitely send some Omnidroids after you.

Or you could face the wrath of the Underminer!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:23 am

6 hours at Disneyland/DCA was....MAGICAL!

$7 uber each way from Knott's, and boy was it packed. Over an hour wait for all of the e ticket attractions but with help from FP, amazing cast members, and single rider line I got to ride all of my favorites 2-5 times.

Detailed report later but:
Was not happy about the TOT retheme when it was announced but it was amazing in person.
Cars was fantastic.
Not sure what's going on at Maint St but those walls slowed me down. Yikes that was brutal.
wdw2018048937101384_408830061204_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg
I love this Tower.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!