TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I am glad to see SOC finally being upgraded though. The general land theme improvements sound like it will be a nicer transition from BV street into the GRR area. And the delay isn't so bad, at least it is not going away for an long, long time. Is 3D possible for this theater? I have always wondered about this style of theater being able to do a 3D/4D presentation.

I could easily see a Frozen takeover of the current mad T Party, and all of the Hollywood backlot for that matter, on a smaller scale of DHS's Frozen summer festivities.

I'd be surprised if they did Frozen. The Hollywood Backlot events all cater to the "party" crowd. They exist to sell food and alcohol.

Hey guys! How do you expect crowds to be on Monday, Dec 15? I wouldn't expect schools to be out yet, so maybe low to moderate? What do you think?

That was actually the day I planned on going. (Stupid final is now making me push it back to Tuesday)

There's always some schools that will be out, plus you gotta take into account all the tourists who flock to SoCal this time of year. But for December crowds, it should be one of the better days to go. I'd probably say around average, maybe a little lower since it is on a Monday.

Freeze the night? Sounds like the least exciting party yet. Then again, while I enjoyed frozen, I am not one who went crazy for it. Hope the entertainment is as unique as the previous parties.

Freeze the night? Sounds like the least exciting party yet. Then again, while I enjoyed frozen, I am not one who went crazy for it. Hope the entertainment is as unique as the previous parties.

Seriously. I really liked ElecTRONica, and didnt hate Mad T Party. There better be some booze infused snow cones to warm me up to it.

Mad-T Party is being taken over by a dance party called "Freeze the Night", in theme with the entire area becoming a frozen overlay.

If this is correct I have no interest at all. I really liked Frozen, though I didn't think it was the best animated movie ever as people made it out to be, but a nighttime dance party themed to the movie just sounds like a disappointment.

Hey guys! How do you expect crowds to be on Monday, Dec 15? I wouldn't expect schools to be out yet, so maybe low to moderate? What do you think?

Busy. Not as insane as the following couple weeks will be, but a decent of schools are out and passes are still valid so you'll get more crowds than say this week or next week. Expect 60 minute waits for headliners and Fastpasses to run out mid-afternoon on the most popular attractions.

Matterhorn Bobsleds:

Can someone give me some operational information on the Matterhorn Bobsleds please?

Information I need:

1) How does wheel chair access work with the ride?. Is there a transfer track or separate loading point for these guests?

2) How many cars can load and unload at a time? I have noticed in videos that guests normally load at one and unload at another. ( How many cars run on a track )

3) Which position do seatbelt checks occur before dispatch? is it block a ( as shown on my diagram )

I've added a quick block diagram of the station if you want to reference any blocks and what happens at them.

Any other information about ride operation and details would be welcomed. Thanks everyone.

1 - There is nothing special for wheel chairs. They come up the exit, and must transfer (get up and then step into the car) if they cant do this, they cant ride. Also, if they go too slow, the entire ride will cascade and shut down. To prevent this, they can quickly move full trains into the secondary station freeing up track space to prevent a cascade.

2 - There is one Load position and two unload positions (one main, one secondary). I do not know how many trains can run at one time.

3 - Seat-belt Check happens in both B and A block. You can advance through B without the check, but it's required on A. Loading is C block, D is primary exit and E is secondary exit.

Thank you,

With regards to unload at D and secondary unload at E . When and what would cause the unload at E to be operating ? And how does seatbelt check at both work ?

Is it when it's busier they would have 2 cast members checking B and one at A. Cast member A wouldn't have to check every other car ?

Also when you say quickly put cars into secondary station which is secondary station ?

Ok, so, Unload E is used when the guests at D are taking too long. With both trains empty, they can quickly advance both trains to make room for incoming ones when needed. A Cast Member simply pushes a button (I think) to unlock seat belts for E, and they automatically unlock in D.

As for A and B belt check, that's a harder question to answer. It all depends on how many Cast Members are working in the station at the time. But, no matter what, the Cast Member must enable the from the small console in A. Think of it this way, There isn't really A and B, its More A1 and A2. Its just a double zone as far as what your'e asking, one long area that holds two trains for belt check. I don't know how having multiple Cast Members down there works, I haven't payed attention that much haha.

Finally, with regards to the 'secondary station', that's the storage track area between the main station and the mountain. When needed, they will park a train in E, slide it over, and free up track space (while guests are on-board). I was trying to find a video but I couldn't. It's, again, to prevent a cascade. Once the Cast Members catch up, they add the train back on and some of the time will send the lucky riders around again!

In addition to slow guests, I've seen unload E used when clearing the ride due to a breakdown or cascade reset. Since that is the point where trains are removed from the track guests need to exit there instead of at the usual unload. If necessary, a loaded train can be pulled off here temporarily to prevent a cascade, but it will not be moved to the storage tracks. Usually these guests receive a re-ride for their inconvenience, but I've seen cast members give them re-admittance passes instead (typically when the ride has a really long line or their party is split between multiple trains).

As far as block A and B and one or two cast members, that seems to have changed since the new trains were installed. Previously, there were almost always two cast members. The one at block B would perform a physical seatbelt check, then the one at A would visually check the train and enable dispatch. With the new trains, guests perform the physical check themselves (by pulling the yellow tab) while the cast member does a visual check, so typically only one cast member is present and all checks happen at A. B is now used mainly as a hold point between C and A, though I have also seen it used for loading single riders if the station gates are too crowded.

Lastly, as far as train count goes, with the old trains there were ten per track. Usually, a maximum of eight were used at a time. It was possible to run the ride with more, but this would only give cast members a window of about 20 seconds before a cascade was triggered. I'm assuming these numbers have not changed with the new trains as the blocking of the ride has not been modified and I often see at least one train on the storage track when riding, but it's possible the information is outdated (I heard it from a cast member during a breakdown years ago).

Each side of the Matterhorn can run a maximum of 10 sleds. If a guest needs extra time loading and/or unloading, 1 or 2 sleds will be removed. The attraction can't cascade with 8 sleds.

Belts are usually checked at the "ready table" however to expedite loading, the "dispatch" cast member can check belts as well.

Thanks everyone!

@Dj what is the ' ready table ? '

Also a cascade what happens exactly? Is it stacking? Once the blocks ahead can the sleds automatically progress or does it require an evac or cast member to push vehicles ?

. If you havnt guessed already this is research for ridesims and any more info any can give in terms of operation would be great if you want to pm me anything !

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/12/new-frozen-fun-opens-at-disneyland-resort-january-7/

This winter, Disneyland Resort celebrates the opening of spectacular new “Frozen Fun” at Disney California Adventure park, featuring magical adventures with characters from Disney’s blockbuster hit, “Frozen.” For a limited time beginning January 7, 2015, we’ll be bringing you a flurry of all-new, immersive experiences you won’t want to miss!

Some of the highlights coming to Disney California Adventure park include:

• “For the First Time in Forever – A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” – The Muppet*Vision 3D theater in Hollywood Land has been transformed for this event into the beautiful Crown Jewel Theatre from Arendelle. You’re invited to step inside and join the Arendelle Historians – along with special appearances by Anna, Elsa and Kristoff – for a fun and comedic retelling of the unique history of their kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen.”

• “Olaf’s Snow Fest” – Stage 17 in Hollywood Land plays host to an immersive winter wonderland straight out of the Kingdom of Arendelle, complete with a giant snow play area and musical performances by The Frolicking Fjords and The Tubadors. You can glide down a snow slide, build a snowman of your own and visit everyone’s favorite snowy pal, Olaf, and give him a warm hug. “Olaf’s Snow Fest” has so much to offer, from beautiful photo opportunities to scrumptious treats and special “Frozen” souvenirs. It’ll be a great spot for making memories that’ll warm your heart.

• Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post – Head back outside, and nearby you’ll find Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post, where you can pick up the latest “Frozen”-inspired apparel, plush, toys, mugs and more.

• “Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome” – Anna and Elsa, the beloved sisters from “Frozen,” move from Fantasyland to an elegant new location inside the Disney Animation attraction at Disney California Adventure park, where you can meet them as part of a special royal greeting. The colorful and varied display in the Animation Courtyard will also now include scenes and music from Disney’s Academy Award-winning blockbuster hit, “Frozen,” and at Animation Academy, a Disney artist asks, “Do You Want to Draw a Snowman?” It’s a unique opportunity to learn how to draw your very own sketch of Olaf or Marshmallow.

• “Freeze the Night! A Family Dance Party” – Each evening, you’re invited to “chill out” in Hollywood Land with music, dancing, interactive fun and more in this new, family-friendly experience. You’ll arrive at the party through an icy archway to find wintry décor, dazzling lighting effects, cool photo spots, yummy treats and frosty beverages for all ages. Throughout the night, a giant thermometer registers the drop in temperature, as things get so cool they ultimately reach the freezing point when everyone lets it go in a spectacular “Frozen Fun” crescendo!

A sneak peek of many of these exciting experiences begins Saturday, Dec. 20. Starting January 7, 2015, the “Frozen Fun” officially launches at Disney California Adventure park, and a new “Frozen” show makes its debut in Fantasy Faire at Disneyland park.

The Royal Theatre’s resident storytellers, Mr. Smythe and Mr. Jones, present the tale of “Frozen” in a fun-filled, fast-paced retelling of the story, featuring their own wacky performances in key roles, along with Anna, Elsa and the Faire Maidens. And when “Mickey’s Soundsational Parade” resumes daily performances January 7, Anna and Elsa will once again make pre-parade appearances on their own special float.

When Storybook Land Canal Boats returns later this month, there will be a new addition to this charming and beloved Fantasyland attraction, with excursions through the world of “Frozen” offering views of the fjord-side village of Arendelle, including the stately castle where Anna and Elsa grew up, Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post, and Elsa’s mountaintop ice palace. The miniature locales of “Frozen” will find a new home among the familiar scenes of some of Disney’s most enduring and timeless fairy tales, including “Pinocchio,” “Cinderella,” “Aladdin,” and “The Little Mermaid.”

And don’t forget about Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink (continuing through February 22, 2015) and the new Anna & Elsa’s Boutique, both open now at Downtown Disney District. For fans of “Frozen,” there’s never been a better time to visit Disneyland Resort! Which of these new experiences are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments, and join the conversation using the hashtag #FrozenFun!

FMG076842.jpg.ea7b9e5b3e9eb6a58e875530722fb98a.jpg

frofro869911.thumb.jpg.bd23e1522829177be979652c212bf804.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

Well, why shouldn't the West Coast be in on the Frozen fun? It makes sense to add Arendelle to Storybookland, but I can already hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth over the end of the Mad T Party (which never appealed to me) and the displacement of Muppetvision 3D (temporary or not). Will this be as big a hit in California as it was in Florida? I guessing "yes."

I think the daytime stuff will be a huge hit. The night time party (which really catered to the AP's and was probably meant to either force them to show up later or spend more time at the resort waiting for the party to start) might not go over as well because of people expecting an actual party atmosphere.

Thanks everyone!

@Dj what is the ' ready table ? '

Also a cascade what happens exactly? Is it stacking? Once the blocks ahead can the sleds automatically progress or does it require an evac or cast member to push vehicles ?

. If you havnt guessed already this is research for ridesims and any more info any can give in terms of operation would be great if you want to pm me anything !

Sent you a PM