Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 105: Portobello replacement concept art released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:06 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:Has anyone here ever used those at a waterpark? I'm pretty familiar with some of Accesso's other products's (Q-bot, Q-Smart etc.) but I don't think I've seen these in action anywhere.

I'm not sure what system some of the Six Flags parks are using, but I know they've had an Accesso wristband system for quite a few years now.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:41 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:Has anyone here ever used those at a waterpark? I'm pretty familiar with some of Accesso's other products's (Q-bot, Q-Smart etc.) but I don't think I've seen these in action anywhere.

I'm not sure what system some of the Six Flags parks are using, but I know they've had an Accesso wristband system for quite a few years now.

Six Flags St. Louis discontinued it, but when they had Flash Pass in the waterpark, it was Accesso's Qband. I can only speak to that one, as I haven't used it at any other Six Flags waterpark.
Top Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Voyage 3. The Beast 4. Ghostrider 5. Shivering Timbers
Top Steel: 1. Millennium Force 2. Magnum XL-200 3. Diamondback 4. Maverick 5. Wildfire
Top Parks: 1. Disneyland 2. Silver Dollar City 3. Holiday World 4. Knott's Berry Farm 5. Cedar Point

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby The Great Zo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:01 pm

In terms of being a nicely themed, well-rounded experience, I like both of the Disney water parks. I have no problem picking a water park for a half-day during a week-long Disney vacation. I'm not as enamored with the attractions, mainly because I've been on better slides elsewhere, including just a couple hours from home. Summit Plummet is fun, but Deep Water Dive is better. Crush 'n' Gusher is fun, but it doesn't hold a candle to Mammoth/Wildebeest/Deluge. Typhoon Lagoon's wave pool is entertaining for spectating, but the one at Mt. Olympus is even more entertaining (maybe for the wrong reasons) and like heck am I getting in either one! :lmao:
-- Andy

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:01 pm

Basically a No-Wait option for the Waterpark. Sorry for the confusion everyone.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:04 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
robbalvey wrote:

Six Flags St. Louis discontinued it, but when they had Flash Pass in the waterpark, it was Accesso's Qband. I can only speak to that one, as I haven't used it at any other Six Flags waterpark.

Looks like Magic Mountain still uses it:
Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 21.00.35.png

And as you can see, at least the ride reservation system works EXACTLY the same at Six Flags as it will at Volcano Bay. (Which does make me question why Universal is making such a huge deal over this when SIx Flags and many other water parks have had it for years, but that's a whole other discussion!) ;)
tapu tapu 1.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:11 pm.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Satans Hockey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:16 pm

I've never been to either of the Disney water parks but I'm looking to go to maybe both of them at the end of the month. It says you can go to both on the same day with 1 ticket, is this even realistically possible to do and get on the majority of everything? I'll probably just go to 1 or do both on separate days to not have to rush but I was just curious.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:47 pm

Satans Hockey wrote:I've never been to either of the Disney water parks but I'm looking to go to maybe both of them at the end of the month. It says you can go to both on the same day with 1 ticket, is this even realistically possible to do and get on the majority of everything? I'll probably just go to 1 or do both on separate days to not have to rush but I was just curious.

Actually, yeah! When we go to the water parks we actually like to go either the first couple of hours of the day or the last. Here's why... in those first couple of hours, people haven't bothered to get up and go to a park yet, and you can usually ride almost everything at the park in the morning before the crowds get there. (get there EARLY like 30 minutes BEFORE the park opens!) In the last couple of hours, people start to get tired and stop riding stuff. So I'd say pick a park to start at, get there for opening, spend a couple of hours there, take your time park hopping to the other park, and close that one out! It's totally realistic to be able to do!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:01 pm

Disneycentric "theme park experts" like the majority of people on twitter don't go to any amusement parks outside of Disney and now Universal, so for them decade old technology is brand new and innovative. Most of them have never even seen one of the LIM water coasters! I guess it'll do the Yas Waterworld thing where the band will cause stuff to happen, which is nice, and there's no longer any standby lines, so that'll be something to see.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Satans Hockey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:17 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Satans Hockey wrote:I've never been to either of the Disney water parks but I'm looking to go to maybe both of them at the end of the month. It says you can go to both on the same day with 1 ticket, is this even realistically possible to do and get on the majority of everything? I'll probably just go to 1 or do both on separate days to not have to rush but I was just curious.

Actually, yeah! When we go to the water parks we actually like to go either the first couple of hours of the day or the last. Here's why... in those first couple of hours, people haven't bothered to get up and go to a park yet, and you can usually ride almost everything at the park in the morning before the crowds get there. (get there EARLY like 30 minutes BEFORE the park opens!) In the last couple of hours, people start to get tired and stop riding stuff. So I'd say pick a park to start at, get there for opening, spend a couple of hours there, take your time park hopping to the other park, and close that one out! It's totally realistic to be able to do!

Awesome, thanks Robb! I figure maybe I'll start at Typhoon Lagoon first since they have the new ride then park hop to Blizzard Beach. We are apparently getting killed with snow tonight and tomorrow so the end of the month can't get here quick enough.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:52 pm

I think the new addition to Typhoon Lagoon is great! I like seeing new additions, especially to one of my favorite water parks!

However, I was a huge fan of being able to snorkel and swim with sharks at Typhoon Lagoon. I still can't believe it is gone! I know it was never too crowded over there and I know Disney knows what they're doing...but that was one of the biggest reasons why I liked Typhoon Lagoon so much! That experience couldn't be found at any other water park (unless you take a trip to Discovery Cove). I'm welcoming the new addition but I'll always miss the snorkeling.
Roller Coaster Count: 125
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!