Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 138: Disney Springs Reopening Date Set!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:26 am

⭐ Disneyland - 2001
⭐ Walt Disney World- 1985
⭐ Tokyo Disneyland - Not yet
⭐ Hong Kong Disneyland- Not yet
⭐️ Shanghai Disneyland - Not yet
⭐️ Disneyland Paris - Not yet
That coaster dad [340] and that coaster kiddo [222]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. TMNT Shellraiser. Fury 325.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Shenkra » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:02 pm

⭐ Disneyland - 2018
⭐ Walt Disney World - Next summer :)
⭐ Tokyo Disneyland - 2019
⭐️ Disneyland Paris - 1998
⭐ Hong Kong Disneyland - TBD
⭐️ Shanghai Disneyland - TBD

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby tinaalsgirl » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:33 pm

⭐ Disneyland - 1988
⭐ Walt Disney World - MK & MGM Studios - 1997; Epcot & AK - 2011

None of the others yet...

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Halian » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:14 pm

⭐ Disneyland - Not yet
⭐ Walt Disney World - 1996
⭐ Tokyo Disneyland Resort - Not yet
⭐️ Disneyland Paris - Not yet
⭐ Hong Kong Disneyland - Not yet
⭐️ Shanghai Disneyland - Not yet

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:45 pm

Jaleo has sent us a press release announcing the start of the restaurant's Truffle Festival, marked by the introduction of a special menu of truffle-laced options! They have also sent us details about their one-night-only Truffle & Wine Dinner, a multi-course dinner with Spanish truffles shaved tableside by Jaleo chefs and Spanish wine pairings!

Truffle bread (1).jpg

We are happy to share that Jaleo's famous Truffle Festival is headed to Disney Springs, starting TODAY January 30th! Join Jaleo as we celebrate the exquisite Spanish black truffle with special dishes and sommelier-selected wine pairings, available for a limited time at Jaleo at Disney Springs. Flown straight from the Spanish city of Teruel the day they’re discovered by truffle-hunting dogs, these black truffles are as fresh as it gets. Make your reservation today to explore our unique collections of delicious, decadent dishes.

Jaleo Disney Springs Truffle Festival Menu:
  • “Cristal Bread” acorn pork pancetta, black truffle - Pan de cristal, panceta Ibérica curada, Trufa negra
  • Setas Salteadas, cremoso de patata, Huevo , trufa negra - Sauteed muhrooms , potato puree, slow cooked with black truffle
  • Arroz de Pato Jean Louis Palladin con Trufa Negra - Duck rice in Honor of “Jean Louis Palladin” Black truffles
  • Tarta de queso con trufa - Vasc cheesecake with truffles

https___cdn.evbuc.com_images_88006285_220991789200_1_original.jpg

We are thrilled to share that Jaleo at Disney Springs is hosting a special one-night-only event. On Wed, Feb 12, 2020, 6:30 PM, guests can experience interactive class on truffles followed by an exclusive multi-course dinner with Spanish truffles shaved tableside by Jaleo chefs and Spanish wine pairings.

Each winter, Nacho Ramirez and his specially trained truffle-hunting dog Pepe search the Spanish countryside in pursuit of the best black truffles – about six months old, mouthwateringly fragrant, buried in the rich soil. Nacho will be flying these truffles to Jaleo at Disney Springs the day they're discovered, where they will be the star ingredient in nine dishes created by Jaleo Culinary Director Ramon Martinez and Head Chef Rodolfo Guzman. Expertly paired wines have been hand-selected by Jaleo Sommelier Rafael Delgado and ThinkFoodGroup Sommelier Jordi Paronella to accent the flavors and textures of each dish.

This event is one-night-only and we are currently not hosting media for this event.

To purchase tickets to this exclusive one-night-only event, visit:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/truffle-wine-dinner-tickets-90172928657?aff=press

MENU:
  • Tartaleta de colifor con trufas, Coca de cristal con panceta iberica y truffles Croqueta partida con trufa
    Paired with cuvee jose raventos i blanc
  • Tartar de Carabineros con trufa - Southern Spain cardenal prawns tartar with truffles
    Paired with manzanilla pasada pastrana
  • Tortilla 2.0 con trufas - Spanish potato omelette NEW WAY with truffles
    Paired with maximin grünhäus, riesling abtsberg spätlese
  • Canelón de setas silvestres con trufas - Wild mushroom canelón with porccini and truffles
    Paired with as sortes 2016 bodegas palacios
  • Arroz de carrillera iberica de bellota , con alcachofas , y trufas - Iberico de bellota paella with artichokes morels and truffles
    Paired with valbuena vega sicilia 2014
  • Pan con chocolate, aceite y trufas
    Paired with lustau east india solera
  • Helado de leche de cabra con trufas
truffles-7 (1).jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:40 pm

^ So that's what truffles actually look like! :smile: I've seen them as shavings on food
like that first photo. But never as they looked when first dug up. Cool. And ugly looking.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Chiselphane » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:39 am

Whoever the first person to see one of those and say "You know what, I'm going to put that in my mouth" is a braver person than I'll ever be

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:50 am

^People pay up to $3,600 a pound to put that in their mouth... ;)
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:11 am

Chiselphane wrote:Whoever the first person to see one of those and say "You know what, I'm going to put that in my mouth" is a braver person than I'll ever be

Wait until you think about how we discovered cow's milk.

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:30 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ So that's what truffles actually look like! :smile: I've seen them as shavings on food
like that first photo. But never as they looked when first dug up. Cool. And ugly looking.

Agreed. Most truffles appear in our food as shavings or 'flecks.' Over the past year, so many varieties of cheese have popped up with truffle bits. They are indeed tiny, but truffles are so strong that they can really infuse the cheese with flavor! My next project is to get my Shih Tzu into a truffle-hunting class. The heck with Agility & Obedience; I wanna give her a REAL challenge ( & reap the epicurean delights!). :lol:

Alice

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!