TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

• 4 weeks later...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/10/looking-ahead-city-works-eatery-pour-house-will-open-at-disney-springs-in-2019/

eiuwyr4t8975842-768x432.jpg.7670058bfda8c2da76ebd6ddca0dbaf1.jpg

With so many new additions to Disney Springs recently – Wine Bar George, Terralina Crafted Italian, 4 Rivers Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck and Chicken Guy!, to name just a few – you might be surprised to learn that we’re still announcing new locations.

As a huge fan of craft beer and classic American food, I can’t wait for the new City Works Eatery & Pour House to open on the West Side next summer. The restaurant and bar will offer plenty of high-def TVs including a 165-inch screen, perfect for viewing your favorite live sporting events.

Like the seven existing locations across the country, the Disney Springs space will offer 80 beers on tap including rare, limited supply, special tappings from local breweries and others from around the world. If barley and hops aren’t for you, a curated selection of popular wines will be available as well, ready to pair with bar bites, shareables, burgers and more.

Edited by jedimaster1227

^Based on the concept art (and what is left of the construction you mentioned), I'm thinking this is integrated into the NBA Experience complex.

Ahh, ok. That's really the only place I could figure this would be going also. I wonder why they wouldn't mention that?

Like the seven existing locations across the country, the Disney Springs space will offer 80 beers on tap including rare, limited supply, special tappings from local breweries and others from around the world.

We have one of these in Minneapolis and if you like beer you'll love this place. And those "80 beers" are the ones they carry at EVERY City Works, then they add another 30 local beers and ciders to hit a total of 110. At least this is how the MPLS and Chicago restaurants are run. Should be a great addition to the park.

^ Correct, they are very close. We have a Yard House here too. City Works just has a little more menu options, a slightly more upscale feel and the majority of their beers on tap including the one time batches and local selections. The great news for beer drinkers is that they flush the tap lines every 6 weeks to keep taste at a maximum unlike some places.

The Edison has sent us more information about their upcoming Halloween event celebrating 25 years of The Nightmare Before Christmas!

On Wednesday, Oct. 31, The Edison at Disney Springs will host a bone-chilling Halloween soirée in celebration of the 25th anniversary of Disney Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas.” Guests are encouraged to pay tribute to the beloved cult classic by dressing in themed costumes for a ghoulishly good time. Tickets are $85 per person and guests must be 21 or older to attend. To purchase tickets visit: http://www.theedisonfla.com/halloween.

Doors will open at 7:30 p.m. to all manner of spooky spirits, goblins and ghosts. Ticket prices include a complimentary welcome cocktail, as well as wickedly delicious small bites and signature sips inspired by the film. Attendees can sink their fangs into the variety of passed hors d'oeuvres and enjoy creative cocktails cooked up by the restaurant’s talented kitchen and bar staff. The Edison's full food & beverage menu will also be available for purchase. An entertainment line-up Jack Skellington would be proud of will also be provided, complete with flying aerialists, costumed stilt-walkers, dancers, haunting live music, and more. Guests can dance the night away among a merry band of misfit monsters in The Edison’s fantasy world of holiday fun. Party-goers who post their photos and tag @theedisonfla #Nightmare25 will have the chance to win a gift card to be used during a future visit to The Edison at Disney Springs.

“We couldn’t be more excited to host this 25th anniversary celebration of a truly classic film, ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas,’ at The Edison,” said Patina Restaurant Group Marketing Director, Kyle Collins. “From our sold out Gatsby evening in September to our upcoming one-year anniversary party on New Year’s Eve, themed events have been what our guests are asking for and the feedback has been phenomenal.”

With spookingly exciting give-aways, a costume contest and additional tasty take-home treats, “The Nightmare Before Christmas” Halloween soirée at The Edison is sure to be a boo-teautiful celebration.

There's still time to purchase tickets at http://www.theedisonfla.com/halloween!

1602480885_TheEdisonNightmareBeforeChristmasSoiree.thumb.jpg.4a49d6a58edc54a9920db1fc23f5ec3c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Last weekend was the "Grand Re-Opening" of the World of Disney Store at Walt Disney World's Disney Springs! This is the largest Disney store on any Disney Parks resort property and the new make-over has given the store a wonderful, updated look!

For those of you who may not be totally aware of the store, it is located in the "Marketplace" section of Disney Springs and has been part of the that property for many years! You may remember Stitch spitting water at you from the roof of the store at some point (and yes, he is still there!)

The interior of the store has been completely renovated and given a touch of Disney "Magic!" You can see examples of this in the video below. Along with that new magic are completely new displays all over the store, new areas that can be changed to match a current holiday season or even a new movie release, and a much more wider, "open" feeling to the entire store!

We highly recommend checking it out next time you're at Disney Springs! Be sure to take a close look at everything on the walls! You may see some things come to like that you aren't expecting!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

IMG_8445.thumb.JPG.1fc71fa5b68f7d572ddc09aea1da02ef.JPGWelcome to the newly re-imagined "World of Disney" store at Walt Disney World's Disney Springs!

IMG_8456.thumb.jpg.3c8c75a02fab037d9584a1248d5c8b2d.jpgThe new theming of the store includes artifacts that the animators who once inhabited this area have left behind.

IMG_8519.thumb.JPG.0eef1ba09ff68754a053ad90335ffb5f.JPGSo be sure to check out those posters behind the cashier area and take a close look! You may see them move!

IMG_8490.thumb.JPG.26b16bf83e8ee16928c779935a4800f7.JPGThe "Ink & Paint" area has some extra special magic! Be sure to spend some time in this area as well.

IMG_8458.thumb.JPG.7f482dfbfa1590307c3417605a945aed.JPGDarcy from Disney Springs explains some of the inspiring touches are on display all around, including mystical movie posters, enchanted art and animation ink jars that spring to life with a trail of pixie dust.

IMG_8546.thumb.jpg.69dc0336c6175dcc8a6c5ab69f940620.jpg

IMG_8542.thumb.jpg.313ca4bf1dd5cda0e10d569cfe280b7f.jpgWe love the more "open" design of the store.

IMG_8546.thumb.jpg.69dc0336c6175dcc8a6c5ab69f940620.jpgIt's easy to see across the store and find what you are looking for!

IMG_8555.thumb.jpg.74689e58345e625a58f63f83162398a7.jpgSome of the merchandise that has been made available this year are super cute! I love these Minnie Ears inspired by Mickey Ice Cream bars that have a bite taken out of them!

IMG_8563.thumb.JPG.5b17abbea8fc378d08767ee5632c2e38.JPGThe "pencil tests" on the wall will come to life if you watch closely!

IMG_8631.thumb.jpg.f1dbe613d8728bfd573155682124aa8a.jpgThere are new projections everywhere that add to the fun and excitement of the store. You'll see them on the floor, the walls, and pretty much everywhere you look!

IMG_8643.thumb.jpg.d0b8fe0025445ffb79b499bd2ea75cdc.jpgThe new store just feels a bit more "sleek" and modern. It's a great update and very much compliments some of the new construction we've seen at Disney Springs over the past few years.

IMG_8849.thumb.jpg.97096d74bd8f771c742942e0b336d053.jpgThis new area can easily be swapped out for different holidays!

IMG_8852.thumb.jpg.e43c6d6d7c5d66b2dfa860c1eb745a22.jpgAll the lightning and projections in this area to be changed to match whatever the current holiday is or a new film release.

IMG_8889.thumb.JPG.8c57eedc4172140de4969503f0d3170f.JPGThe new "Mickey Mouse Club" collection recently went on sale so here is an area of the store dedicated to those items.

IMG_8902.thumb.jpg.5c0062cbbccb416ce5849f50a2f89234.jpgAnd I love all these new graphic tees!

IMG_8918.thumb.jpg.155e233ef1446ac701d96a1128562373.jpgThis retro style Haunted Mansion shirt is wonderful!

IMG_8921.thumb.jpg.272e21bb74ea870d4aef7ad3343c77cf.jpgThis! This is my thoughts exactly!

IMG_8927.thumb.jpg.515e168f6c9bf1a518a7473b05e01306.jpgI would also agree with that statement!

IMG_8824.thumb.JPG.b5dbf4b399a656a5cbcd076da37eb2b1.JPGAnd just like that...

IMG_8828.thumb.JPG.5b61ed2fa3507c3c9f60ce2a29d1641b.JPGThe new World of Disney Store is open at Disney Springs! Be sure to check it out!

Edited by robbalvey

I really like the new layout of the store. It has a better flow to it, instead of smaller rooms.

The one thing that I don't like about it is the lack of Disney magic that the previous store had. There are touches of magic in the new store, but not as immersive as the old store in my opinion. It just seemed a little sterile and bland.

I remember being there in September, and you could still hear hammering and power tools coming from one half of the store (I did buy a WDW "Hawaiian" shirt while I was there). Looks like it turned out very well.

EDIT: Just noticed that she's standing in front of my shirt.

Edited by cfc

That store looks amazing, I love the new open look. It worked on me, I am actually looking forward to shopping there next time I am in Orlando. Although I will likely spend more time watching the posters and the paint then actual shopping.

• 4 weeks later...

Disney has announced that Kingdom Hearts III will be featured in a new limited time pop-up experience at Disney Springs!

jkehgugyio333-1024x576.thumb.jpg.137e71e0bdf0ec7df8805d8b450b1ebe.jpg

SQUARE ENIX® and Disney are bringing the magic of the KINGDOM HEARTS video game worlds to Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort. For a limited time, Disney Springs guests will be among the first to play a demo of KINGDOM HEARTS III and, for those who visit before January 29, among the few that get to experience the game before its release.

The KINGDOM HEARTS video game series takes players on a fantastic adventure across the magical worlds of Disney, Pixar and SQUARE ENIX, bringing together characters from beloved films like Pixar Animation Studios’ Toy Story and Monsters, Inc., and Walt Disney Studios’ Pirates of the Caribbean, and Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Big Hero 6, Tangled, Frozen and more.

This one-of-a-kind KINGDOM HEARTS pop-up experience also features a special Keyblade exhibit, featuring life-size replicas directly from KINGDOM HEARTS III, larger-than-life art inspired by characters and worlds from the game, and digital kiosks where attendees can pre-order the game and merchandise ahead of their releases.

The Disney Springs KINGDOM HEARTS location will be open from December 14, 2018 through January 31, 2019.

i-6FmHf93-X3.thumb.png.68d489d7309300dbc7779c58a5dd995a.png

Edited by jedimaster1227

• 2 weeks later...

New details have been released for the NBA Experience attraction that will open at Disney Springs next Summer!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/12/nba-experience-at-disney-springs-will-help-you-feel-like-a-pro-new-details-revealed/

nbae023948029384fi-768x432.jpg.71a827ad79d442a55d2da97cf600f514.jpg

I’ve loved basketball since I was little, and like millions of other kids around the world, I dreamed of what it would be like to play in the NBA. The plastic hoop in my parents’ basement was the scene of countless slam-dunk competitions, as I mimicked the high-flying moves of my favorite players.

In summer 2019, NBA Experience will open at Disney Springs and allow kids of all ages (including yours truly) the chance to live out those dreams in a whole new way. Developed by Walt Disney Imagineering in collaboration with the NBA, this one-of-a-kind destination will feature hands-on activities that highlight the action and excitement of professional basketball.

NBA Experience will be full of thrills, whether you’re a lifelong fan like me or you’re brand new to the game. When you step inside this immersive environment next year, you will:

• Experience one of the biggest milestones for a basketball player at the NBA Draft with a photo moment that re-creates the atmosphere of the draft stage.
  • Track and improve their jump shots and passing skills in a replicated NBA Combine challenge, complete with a scouting report that highlights their stats at the end of the session.
    Step onto the court and hear the roar of the crowd as they maneuver through a series of timed shots to aim for a high score.
  • Execute the perfect slam dunk just like NBA superstars, captured by cameras surrounding adjustable baskets.
  • Test their ball-handling skills with an interactive trainer who will challenge them with a variety of dribbling routines.
  • Use an oversized slingshot to launch basketballs at hoops of varying heights, making as many shots as possible before the clock runs out in this thrilling timed challenge.
  • Immerse themselves in the rich legacy and history of NBA and WNBA championship-winning teams.
  • Access a team locker room that showcases up-to-date statistics and visuals of top NBA and WNBA players.
  • Test their knowledge of the NBA and WNBA – past and present – during a trivia game with up to 25 participants competing against one another to be champion.
  • Enjoy two 180-degree cinematic presentations that showcase the in-arena experience moments before the start of the game, as well as special stories from the players’ perspectives.
  • Take a seat at an interactive multi-screen module to watch replay clips from NBA games, using the tools at their stations to make the right calls.
  • Play interactive basketball games, from the fan-favorite Pop-A-Shot to modern video games
  • To top it all off, you’ll be able to explore a retail store featuring exclusive NBA-themed merchandise designed by Disney.

We’ll have more details for you in the coming months, so keep checking the Disney Parks Blog as we get ready for the grand opening of NBA Experience next summer. Until then…keep working on that jump shot.

Access a team fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo room that showcases up-to-date statistics and visuals of top NBA and WNBA players.

lololol i love this word filter

Haha

For some reason I was under the impression that this was going to be some kind of restaurant but sounds like it's more of an interactive exhibit/museum, might be fun. No idea what the price point will be but if it's reasonable I'd probably give it a try sometime.

For some reason I was under the impression that this was going to be some kind of restaurant but sounds like it's more of an interactive exhibit/museum, might be fun. No idea what the price point will be but if it's reasonable I'd probably give it a try sometime.

There will be a restaurant attached to the NBA Experience but as of now it won't be branded as being part of it.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/10/looking-ahead-city-works-eatery-pour-house-will-open-at-disney-springs-in-2019/