Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 129 - NBA Experience Media Day Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:52 am

New details have been released for the NBA Experience attraction that will open at Disney Springs next Summer!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/12/nba-experience-at-disney-springs-will-help-you-feel-like-a-pro-new-details-revealed/

nbae023948029384fi-768x432.jpg

I’ve loved basketball since I was little, and like millions of other kids around the world, I dreamed of what it would be like to play in the NBA. The plastic hoop in my parents’ basement was the scene of countless slam-dunk competitions, as I mimicked the high-flying moves of my favorite players.

In summer 2019, NBA Experience will open at Disney Springs and allow kids of all ages (including yours truly) the chance to live out those dreams in a whole new way. Developed by Walt Disney Imagineering in collaboration with the NBA, this one-of-a-kind destination will feature hands-on activities that highlight the action and excitement of professional basketball.

NBA Experience will be full of thrills, whether you’re a lifelong fan like me or you’re brand new to the game. When you step inside this immersive environment next year, you will:

• Experience one of the biggest milestones for a basketball player at the NBA Draft with a photo moment that re-creates the atmosphere of the draft stage.
  • Track and improve their jump shots and passing skills in a replicated NBA Combine challenge, complete with a scouting report that highlights their stats at the end of the session.
    Step onto the court and hear the roar of the crowd as they maneuver through a series of timed shots to aim for a high score.
  • Execute the perfect slam dunk just like NBA superstars, captured by cameras surrounding adjustable baskets.
  • Test their ball-handling skills with an interactive trainer who will challenge them with a variety of dribbling routines.
  • Use an oversized slingshot to launch basketballs at hoops of varying heights, making as many shots as possible before the clock runs out in this thrilling timed challenge.
  • Immerse themselves in the rich legacy and history of NBA and WNBA championship-winning teams.
  • Access a team fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo room that showcases up-to-date statistics and visuals of top NBA and WNBA players.
  • Test their knowledge of the NBA and WNBA – past and present – during a trivia game with up to 25 participants competing against one another to be champion.
  • Enjoy two 180-degree cinematic presentations that showcase the in-arena experience moments before the start of the game, as well as special stories from the players’ perspectives.
  • Take a seat at an interactive multi-screen module to watch replay clips from NBA games, using the tools at their stations to make the right calls.
  • Play interactive basketball games, from the fan-favorite Pop-A-Shot to modern video games
  • To top it all off, you’ll be able to explore a retail store featuring exclusive NBA-themed merchandise designed by Disney.

We’ll have more details for you in the coming months, so keep checking the Disney Parks Blog as we get ready for the grand opening of NBA Experience next summer. Until then…keep working on that jump shot.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:57 am

duplicate post
Last edited by DirkFunk on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:05 am.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:00 am

Access a team fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo room that showcases up-to-date statistics and visuals of top NBA and WNBA players.

lololol i love this word filter

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:12 am

DirkFunk wrote:
Access a team fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo room that showcases up-to-date statistics and visuals of top NBA and WNBA players.

lololol i love this word filter

Haha

For some reason I was under the impression that this was going to be some kind of restaurant but sounds like it's more of an interactive exhibit/museum, might be fun. No idea what the price point will be but if it's reasonable I'd probably give it a try sometime.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:16 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:For some reason I was under the impression that this was going to be some kind of restaurant but sounds like it's more of an interactive exhibit/museum, might be fun. No idea what the price point will be but if it's reasonable I'd probably give it a try sometime.

There will be a restaurant attached to the NBA Experience but as of now it won't be branded as being part of it.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/10/looking-ahead-city-works-eatery-pour-house-will-open-at-disney-springs-in-2019/
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:43 am

Sounds a lot like the former NFL experience in Times Square.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:53 am

A.J. wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:For some reason I was under the impression that this was going to be some kind of restaurant but sounds like it's more of an interactive exhibit/museum, might be fun. No idea what the price point will be but if it's reasonable I'd probably give it a try sometime.

There will be a restaurant attached to the NBA Experience but as of now it won't be branded as being part of it.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/10/looking-ahead-city-works-eatery-pour-house-will-open-at-disney-springs-in-2019/

Yeah I remember that news but for some reason thought this was going to be a newer version of the old NBA City at city walk. I guess there's so many other great dining options at Disney Springs why try to compete with those? If you daily access allows you to come and go, leave for lunch and come back or something, I'm all for it.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:02 am

Anyone else see a resemblance to the central area of Disney Quest? Kind of funny that they tore down the building to build something that looks quite similar inside!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:12 pm

So this is like all the other attraction replacements in Orlando. Take out the old busted tech and bring in the new IP. This sounds like BasketballQuest lol. If there's a flat admission fee, it would be really cool if this gets added to the Parkhopper plus option like Quest used to be.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:28 am

BlahBlahson wrote:So this is like all the other attraction replacements in Orlando. Take out the old busted tech and bring in the new IP. This sounds like BasketballQuest lol. If there's a flat admission fee, it would be really cool if this gets added to the Parkhopper plus option like Quest used to be.

I have always believed that DisneyQuest was WAY ahead of its time. It's really a shame they just left it to rot and didn't continue to invest in keeping it up to date. This does seem like the next iteration of it with a new IP.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!