Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 130: MorimotoFest event details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:56 pm

That's really cool. Good on them to commit further to renewable energy.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:03 am

That's awesome! Too cool they were able to put together a Mickey, too. I love these behind the scenes/non park Disney updates.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby mikeykaise » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:01 am

GREAT SCOTT! 50 Megawatts of energy! Do you know what this means Marty????

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:36 am

I'm a Universal type of guy but it looks like I need to make a trip to Disney Springs for some great food! All of it looks good, it would be hard just picking one place to eat! Do most serve tapas style dishes?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Postby coasterbill » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:48 am

^ The first time I went to Disney Springs I didn't get it at all and brushed it off as a glorified shopping mall that was only busy because they slapped the Disney name on it but ever since the place has won us over to the point where we end up there almost nightly during our Orlando vacations. It's a REALLY cool place.

They keep building awesome new restaurants, the whole complex is incredible looking and they've managed to keep the stereotypical tourist trap staples from totally taking over the place (which has sort of happened with Citywalk). Sure they have a few (cough, Rainforest cafe) but they're few and far between.

I never go to Citywalk unless I'm at the Universal parks. It's too much of a pain in the ass with the parking garage, endless airport style walkways and TSA style security check and Disney Springs is better anyway.

Once you come over to the dark side you'll be hooked. :lol:

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:43 pm

Tonight Theme Park Review was hosted by Maria & Enzo's for a special Pasta Palooza dinner as the restaurant select summer pasta dishes over the next three months. All of these dishes are featured year round at the restaurant, but by shining a spotlight on these wonderful menu items, we were able to learn about their preparation before indulging in their tastes, with a few other samplers along the way.

Tonight's pasta of note was the house Lasagna Verde, a spinach lasagna that was rich, indulgent and more than filling. Along the way we also tried several appetizers, prosecco and an out of this world dessert.

There's no shortage of dining options at Disney Springs, but Maria & Enzo's has managed to more than hold its own despite the surrounding variety. Top notch Italian food from the same chefs that have made Via Napoli in Epcot so great makes this restaurant a winner. If you're a lover of pasta, cheese or Italian food (or any combination of the above), Maria & Enzo's will meet that need and then some!
8083E2D7-26F8-4988-8502-7F942ACD92DC.jpeg
Tonight we visited Maria And Enzos for a special Pasta Palooza dinner! Each month from May through July the restaurant will highlight a summer pasta dish for guests to enjoy--all of these dishes are available year round!
417E6FF7-F5AD-4FBA-BB2C-E6B07E3991AB.jpeg
I was surprised to see that Maria & Enzo's, Enzo's Hideaway Bar and Pizza Ponte all have themed merchandise available to purchase now.
F44593A3-21EF-4898-93E9-BD4182726B6E.jpeg
The interior of Maria & Enzo's is grand with high ceilings and a low volume of tables for the amount of space. It really is a visual experience to dine here, just as it is a culinary one!
30856407-D5CB-4F68-87BE-EE6D99E186C6.jpeg
Chef Charlie Restivo will be demonstrating how to make Chef John Miele’s Lasagna Verde!
CB7E7A49-6273-4DB1-BCF3-5B1D028A7D97.jpeg
We watched lasagna sheets being made fresh by hand at Maria & Enzos and it was wonderful!
57FF1B3D-9DB7-460F-9ED5-2D7EE201A710.jpeg
Hand kneaded dough becomes pasta sheets...
0DE497A9-BE9E-4F07-9E89-CD5B1CDF28F9.jpeg
You start with the sauce...
A9BB5896-FB97-4E39-A43B-93FF7CDD3FD5.jpeg
No visit to Maria & Enzos is complete without Salumi e Formaggi!
B06906F3-69FF-4487-AB57-508F257827ED.jpeg
Pasta, meat ragù, bećhamel and lots of cheese! Layer and repeat! This Lasagna Verde was sure to be delicious!
68F36EC7-16AB-4D8E-B230-83234E7A13A5.jpeg
Some very delectable shrimp!
B3309CD1-11C4-4CFC-B2D0-1D7B0D000584.jpeg
The Lasagna Verde (the headliner of the evening) was absolutely fantastic!
D8342CF0-407C-404C-BC8F-11CABEC99285.jpeg
The perfect end to a phenomenal Pasta Palooza dinner Maria & Enzos! House made cannolis for dessert!
F48961C0-DF52-422D-BA1E-45BA969618FE.jpeg
There are so many great options to enjoy at Maria & Enzo's at Disney Springs... Lasagna Verde and amazing cannolis are just two reasons to dine here during your next visit--we highly recommend giving this place a try during your next stroll through Disney Springs!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby coasterbill » Fri May 10, 2019 5:23 am

Maria & Enzo's slammin’. I haven’t tried the cannolis but I’ll be sure to change that soon. :lol:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri May 10, 2019 1:40 pm

coasterbill wrote:Maria & Enzo's slammin’. I haven’t tried the cannolis but I’ll be sure to change that soon. :lol:

It's become more than just our "new favorite" restaurant at Walt Disney World. As a fan of Italian food, it's a "staple" for us now. Between this restaurant, their Via Napoli restaurant at Epcot, and even the Pizza Ponte quick-service pizza location at Springs, I seriously don't really need to eat many other places at WDW! :lol: :p

EDIT: And I should mention I cannot wait to get back to their Naples restaurant at Disneyland in California at the end of the month!
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri May 10, 2019 1:42 pm.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Sluggo77 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:14 pm

Well now I’m starving. That looks incredible!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:28 am

The Edison has sent us a press release announcing the launch of Havana Nights, a special event that will bring a Latin flavor to the complex on select nights through October!

Havana Nights Imagery.jpg

Havana Nights at The Edison

The Edison at Disney Springs is bringing a Latin flair to its industrial gothic themed venue with "Havana Nights" starting on May 15th. Every other Wednesday night from May 15th – October 16th beginning at 7:30 p.m. for no additional charge, guests are invited to spend the evening twirling around the dance floor and swaying to the rhythm of the vibrant live music. The five piece band will entertain visitors along with a DJ, each of which will play a variety of Latin renditions of musical styles ranging from instrumentals to pop. Complimentary salsa lessons will be available for both novices and pros to practice signature moves and learn more about the passionate emotions expressed in every step of this dynamic dance. Craft cocktail specials will further set the stage for a sizzling atmosphere that taps into the rich musical heritage of Cuba and transports guests to steamy “Havana Nights.”

Event Dates Include: May 15, May 29, June 12, June 26, July 10, July 24, August 7, August 21, September 4, September 18, October 2, and October 16.

What Guests Can Expect During Havana Nights:

• Live music from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m.
  • DJ from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
  • Salsa lessons from 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
  • Havana-inspired specialty craft cocktails available to order all night long

“Havana Nights are our most recent addition to the lineup of live entertainment offered at The Edison that combines Latin music, salsa dancing, and specialty craft cocktails to provide the ultimate guest experience.” - Kyle Collins, Marketing Director of Patina Restaurant Group
Havana Nights Cocktails.jpg
Havana Nights Poster.jpg
Havana Nights.JPG
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!