Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 105: Portobello replacement concept art released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:29 am

What I think is funny is how ahead of its time it really was given how VR is the big thing now.

It was a neat thing to do once or twice in my visits to WDW over the years, but it's so dated now...I don't even think they bothered to add/change anything since Cyber Space Mountain?

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:40 am

Jew wrote:What I think is funny is how ahead of its time it really was given how VR is the big thing now.

Well...
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:35 pm

VirtualBoy was just bad. The attractions at Disney Quest were definitely groundbreaking for their time---and now serve as a history lesson as to what video game graphics used to look like.

I'll miss the bumper cars! The slide was awesome too, though long since removed.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:49 pm

Morimoto Asia and Wine Bar George are teaming up to bring a special one night only collaboration wine dinner!

The team at Morimoto Asia would like to officially welcome the soon-to-open Wine Bar George to the Disney Springs neighborhood with a special collaboration wine dinner. The menu, created by Executive Chef Yuhi Fujinaga, will showcase a selection of modern Pan-Asian dishes. Master Sommelier George Miliotes will pair each course with wines that will be served at the wine bar when it opens later this year[RC1] in Disney Springs. The dinner is priced at $150 per guest (excluding tax and gratuity) and will feature the following:

1st Course:
Bluefin Toro Tartare, soy caviar, Jamon Iberico Crisps
Dom Ruinart Rosé Champagne, France

2nd Course:
‘Bag of Pho’ local lionfish, Hudson Valley Foie Gras dashi, mitsuba, rice noodles
Raats Original Chenin Blanc, Stellenbosch-South Africa

3rd Course:
Slow Roasted Crispy Baby Pig, Chinese black bean trotter jus, hot spring Jidori egg
Selbach-Oster Riesling Feinherb, Mosel-Germany

Dessert Course:
Green Tea Panna Cotta
Broadbent Colheita Madeira, Portugal

WHEN: Tuesday, February 28th (dinner begins promptly at 7:30pm)

WHERE: Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs, 1600 Buena Vista Drive, Orlando, FL 32830

RSVP: Seating is limited. Guests are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance b visiting: https://store.patinagroup.com/store/?id=475

COST:$150 per guest (excluding tax and gratuity). Guests must be 21 years or older.

About Morimoto Asia
Located in the heart of Disney Springs in a neighborhood called The Landing, Morimoto Asia is the first-ever collaboration between Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto and Patina Restaurant Group, a bicoastal leader in the premium segment of the hospitality industry. Fronted by a dramatic, three-story glass entryway, Morimoto Asia is an eye-filling showplace of dining spaces, open terraces, an intimate 14-seat sushi bar, Forbidden Lounge cocktail and late-night dining hotspot and an exhibition kitchen that allows diners a glimpse of the culinary action. Follow along on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @MorimotoAsia. Phone: (407) 939-MOTO.

About Wine Bar George
Master Sommelier George Miliotes will bring his renowned wine expertise to Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort when his new venture, Wine Bar George, opens in fall 2017. Wine Bar George will be the only Master Sommelier-led wine bar in Florida. Scheduled to open next fall in The Landing at Disney Springs, Wine Bar George will bring Miliotes’ expertise and worldwide travels to the heart of Central Florida. Follow George on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook @WineBarGeorge, and visit WineBarGeorge.com for more information.
unnamed-2.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:46 pm

It looks as if the Walt Disney World Resort is planning to radically expand its own non-traditional transportation network by linking major resort destinations across large distances via a gondola-based transportation system. Based on the permits submitted thus far, it appears as though transit stations will be built throughout property with the plans supporting stops at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, Epcot's International Gateway and Disney's Hollywood Studios. These early permits indicate the potential for future expansion and tie closely with recent infrastructure development across property.

The Walt Disney World Resort has been actively investing in the development of enhancements to its existing transportation systems including the addition of bus tracking technology that advises waiting guests of when their shuttle will arrive, the automation of the Walt Disney World Monorail controls and the introduction of designated bus lanes alongside Disney Springs. The introduction of high volume gondolas would seem to enable the introduction of a new, high-capacity, high efficiency solution that is capable of being expanded far more cost effectively than the popular monorail that opened with the Walt Disney World Resort in 1971 and expanded with the opening of the EPCOT Center line in 1982.
IMG_6361.JPG
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:07 pm

Where did you find that image? Was it actually posted somewhere official? This is all pretty fascinating, I remember rumors a while back about some kind of potential light rail system connecting AK and the TTC but I'm guessing that they are expecting a major attendance increase at the studios after Star Wars opens so this address that area instead. This system kinda creates like a "gondola loop" around the Studios/Epcot resort area, which is pretty cool. I'd love to stay at Carribean beach and be able to hop on a gondola to Epcot or the Studios.

I figured they would eventually get around to upgrading the bus system somehow, I mean with everyone on property wearing a magic band seems like there could potentially be data available to improve that system. Scan your band at the bus stop then run the buses on more direct routes based on demand instead of the loops like they utilize now, or something.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Gondola system.

:lover:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:43 pm

As you can probably guess, I absolutely love this idea.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Postby cparkes92 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:47 pm

I love it as well! The last time I went to Disney for a full vacation I stayed at Caribbean Beach. There were times the buses were so packed that every seat was filled AND people were crammed in the aisle (the only other time I've seen that was at college)
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Maverick, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat, Blue Streak (CP)

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:08 pm

This is the best idea ever. :lover: :lover: :lover:
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!