Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 862:Infrastructure upgrades '19:Parking Garage '21:Hotel
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby laqueefa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:52 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:In and of itself, I like the name "Incredicoaster." It kind of has this cute, classic, simple vibe to it, almost, like, "Why didn't anyone think of that before?" But with the theme? No thanks. California Screamin' forever!

I'll miss it, but purely for nostalgic reasons. If we get some cool lighting in the tunnels, a la' the final tunnel in Space Mountain at DLP, I will be as happy as a little girl!

Tigga, please!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:54 pm

I like it how it is now, but my son will love it as the Incredicoaster. Even thought it's not much, it'll definitely make my son and a ton of other kids like it that much more.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby ESRLoop » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:54 pm

jray21 wrote:I like it how it is now, but my son will love it as the Incredicoaster. Even thought it's not much, it'll definitely make my son and a ton of other kids like it that much more.

I don't doubt a lot of kids will like aspects of the overlay. And that's not a bad thing! Disney is just capable of so much more and pulled the trigger too early on this one.

It's not like it's going to be a failure - I'm sure it will rate higher than the current PP. It's just not on the level Disney can/should be.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby ESRLoop » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:58 pm

Jew wrote:That was my thought as well. And then to top it all off, the Pixar fireworks and parade is in Disneyland...

I was basically able to confirm my initial thoughts with my former co-workers over there... there is just a general "concern" over pulling crowds to DCA over the next few summers and this was the quickest solution, for better or worse.

Fireworks will always be under the domain of DL (not that a Pixar show is or isn't appropriate at DL...) but the parade puzzles me a little. I'm thinking it's a placeholder while Soundsational gets turned into whatever the next permanent parade is.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:11 pm

Yeah, I imagine that the Pixar Parade will shift back over to DCA again when a new daytime parade for Disney is ready.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby coasternate » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:39 pm

I saw that Disneyland will be halting sales of its Southern California annual passes. Should this improve crowds?
I love Disney parks and RMCs. Bay Area

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby WestCoasterKing » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:42 pm

^ I don't see how.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:43 pm

This theoretically, will stop the crowds from getting worse.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby laqueefa » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:26 pm

Tigga, please!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:26 pm

coasternate wrote:I saw that Disneyland will be halting sales of its Southern California annual passes. Should this improve crowds?

For one, the SoCal Select AP is still being offered. For another, those who have the SoCal AP can still renew it. This won't make much of an impact on crowds at all.

What it does do is encourage gift givers to buy the SoCal Select AP for locals who need a babysitter pass, or the more expensive Deluxe/Signature APs if they're buying for those who need weekends.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!