Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 859: Iron Gwazi Testing Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

Postby boldikus » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:07 am

He said erecting.

beav.gif

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:42 pm

No need to rush the opening let's just open it when it's ready :lmao:

I really wish they would RCT style spam themeatic chrome crocodiles at the bottom of the first drop. Is that too much to ask for?
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:06 pm

Beware, there's rumors of mandatory fluffy bunnies incoming for all major rides, Universal style. Say it with me now, in unison, "Booooooooo, hisssssssssss."
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:27 pm

I think Screamscape has gone insane lately so I don't put much stock into anything they say, but even if it is true it sounds like they're just getting rid of loose article bins, not adding metal detectors so I pretty much don't care if the system is the same as (for example) something like Millennium Force where you can't have a bag but you can ride with things in your pockets.

It would be a money-grab but also a totally avoidable money-grab.
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:29 pm.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:07 pm

^ If I remember correctly, Tempesto required riders to use a fanny pack if they didn't have a zippered pocket. So in the past, it seems like Busch (the Williamsburg one at least) was doing it with good intentions rather than trying to make some extra cash.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Holiday World & Indiana Beach

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:19 am

Apparently one of their readers told them that the new policy has gone into effect already and that they are walk-of-shaming people who attempt to leave items on the platform, but I'll believe THAT when I see it first-hand.

This new loose articles policy is awful if true - not only are they money-grabbing by forcing you to rent fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo, but now that everyone has to rent one, it means that there will likely be scenarios where entire banks of fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo are sold out. What does the park expect people to do then? Walk all the way back to Kumba to rent their fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, then all the way back to Cheetah Hunt to get in the queue?

If this policy is "successful" I can see SeaWorld Orlando doing the same in short order.

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ If I remember correctly, Tempesto required riders to use a fanny pack if they didn't have a zippered pocket.

This has also been the case for Tigris since it opened.

EDIT: Hello word filter, my old friend. It's been too long. Has anyone had any noodles today?
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby bert425 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:03 am

^ when we were at SWO a few years back, they were forcing folks to use the bunnies for Kracken & Escape from Pompeii.

on the TPR FB page, someone who was at BGT yesterday responded to me and said that things that fit in pockets (I specifically asked about zippered pockets), were being allowed on ride, and not having to be stored.

if that holds? I recommend cargo shorts with zippered pockets - they served me well on the USA trip, and in Japan last year.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:25 am

bert425 wrote:on the TPR FB page, someone who was at BGT yesterday responded to me and said that things that fit in pockets (I specifically asked about zippered pockets), were being allowed on ride, and not having to be stored.

if that holds? I recommend cargo shorts with zippered pockets - they served me well on the USA trip, and in Japan last year.

That's how I've done it since I started going on a regular basis. Personally though, I'm just not a fan of possibly having to go all the way back out to my car to grab my camera bag if I can't get a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo rental because they're all sold out!
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Bamwa » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:48 am

A.J. wrote:
bert425 wrote:on the TPR FB page, someone who was at BGT yesterday responded to me and said that things that fit in pockets (I specifically asked about zippered pockets), were being allowed on ride, and not having to be stored.

That's how I've done it since I started going on a regular basis. Personally though, I'm just not a fan of possibly having to go all the way back out to my car to grab my camera bag if I can't get a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo rental because they're all sold out!

What is behind this forum's term for fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo? Someone help me understand. I'm out of the loop on this one. Just a Rob-ism? Why why why?!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Bamwa » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:48 am

Dang autocorrected even. Now even more curious.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!