Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 775: Summer Dining Series Media Preview Event Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Lintemuthstudios » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 pm

For those of you that hate the project, look on the bright side. A Skyrocket is a low-budget clone, and could be a buffer attraction to give the park an attendance boost. We still could end up seeing an RMC or Hyper in the next three years. Just look at what BGT's sister park did. They opened Tempesto, and then built Invadr.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:11 pm

Lintemuthstudios wrote:https://parkrumors.com/bgt-project-teel-2019-coaster/

Busch Gardens has submitted their plans for the Tidal Wave plot, looks to be a Premier Rides Skyrocket II.

Interesting, if this happens there will essentially be a Skyrocket II in every corner of the United States. Pacific Southwest (San Diego), almost Northwest (Vallejo), Southeast (Tampa), and North Atlantic (Bristol).
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:55 am

This is a great addition. RIP "Black Spot" but this is obviously more than worth it. :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:06 am

boldikus wrote:I can't say I'm not excited about this as these things are completely awesome and will only make an amazing lineup that much better but I just wish it wasn't going to have those stupid comfort collars but we all know it will. :/

The comfort collars are tricky to get in and out of since those vehicles are already super awkward, but I didn't find them an issue during Tempesto.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Most Recent Trip Reports- New Reoma World

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:26 pm

I still haven't ridden a Sky Rocket II (I will ride both Electric Eel and Superman for the first time next month), but these look like great rides that give parks a lot of bang for their buck.

And like another poster said, these Sky Rockets will be very spread out. NorCal, SoCal, New England, Mid-Atlantic, and Florida. Now we just need to get a park like Worlds of Fun get one!
Credits: 170, give or take, depending on how one counts
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @american_thrills

Postby Vonni » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:14 pm

^ I think a Sky rocket II would be a good fit for Adventureland

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:58 pm

I can't believe these things have become the next Boomerangs (or SLC's) in their redundancy (but reportedly, a lot better than either of those clones), yet I haven't been on one yet! I've definitely wanted to try one ever since seeing Superman at SFDK, so hopefully I can visit a park that has one before too long!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:59 pm

Yesterday Busch Gardens Tampa Bay invited TPR to attend a preview of the new Serengeti Overlook Summer Dining Series experience offered during the Summer Nights event at the park! This new offering takes place on the top floor of the Serengeti Overlook (formerly home to the Crown Colony Restaurant) and offers a prix fixe menu that allows guests to choose one appetizer, one entree and one dessert that best suits their fancy.

The restaurant has always featured incredible views of the park's Serengeti and it also is a great place from which to watch Montu and Cobra's Curse fairly up close. Diners will also have the option to enjoy a private porch view of the Summer Nights fireworks after their dinner, which makes the Summer Dining Series even more worthwhile!

During our preview we were able to try every item on the menu, so be sure to read our review below to get info on what might appeal to you the most!
1.JPG
In front of the Serengeti Overlook Restaurant there is a Summer party going on with dancers, drinks and more!
2.JPG
They really are fun to watch!
3.JPG
Check out this cool DJ booth!
4.JPG
Guests can buy glowing merchandise to enjoy when the sun goes down.
5.JPG
The event includes a margarita bar for those looking to enjoy a drink.
6.JPG
There's a booth for guests interested in tequila tastings too.
7.JPG
This seems like a really big with for Busch Gardens to offer these kind of experiences for young families.
8.JPG
Looking out at the party area in front of Cheetah Hunt.
9.JPG
From inside of the Serengeti Overlook Restaurant you can get a great view of Egypt section of the park.
10.JPG
A good cocktail is never a bad way to start off a meal!
11.JPG
Jim Messing was in charge of bringing this new dining experience to life and he has done a fantastic job!
13.JPG
Our first taste of the event was the Baby Spinach Salad with strawberries, goat cheese, sunflower seeds and a while balsamic vinaigrette. It was delicious!
14.JPG
The restaurant's Caesar Salad was probably the least adventurous item on then menu.
15.JPG
Here's a look at the full menu for the event.
16.JPG
The Watermelon & Heirloom Tomato Salad was a light and refreshing appetizer, chosen specifically for the season.
17.JPG
The Signature Fried Chicken is a recipe that stems back to the Seregenti Overlook Restaurant's days at the Crown Colony House Restaurant.
18.JPG
The absolute winning dish of the night was the Grilled Kohlrabi Steak. I've not had Kohlrabi, but it was surprising thanks to its grilled, meaty flavor and its potato-esque consistency.
20.JPG
The Flat-Iron Steak was pretty good!
21.JPG
The Shrimp Scampi is a definitely a non-traditional take on the classic dish but I really liked it!
22.JPG
Cobra's Curse with a beautiful sunset off in the distance.
23.JPG
It isn't hard to see the different kinds of animals live on the Serengeti when looking from inside of the restaurant.
24.JPG
Quite the view indeed!
25.JPG
The Grilled Summer Peaches were an absolute winning dish, between the grilled pound cake and the bourbon cream...
26.JPG
The chocolate cake was pretty good too!
27.JPG
After the meal, Jim Messing brought the entire kitchen staff out to show just how much laabor went into the evening's preview.
28.JPG
Looking down from the Serengeti Overlook Restaurant, the party still continues!
29.JPG
There's something really cool about seeing Cheetah Hunt and big fireworks in the same frame of view.
30.JPG
The DJ booth looks even better at night!
31.JPG
It was great to get back into the Serengeti Overlook Restaurant and this menu is a great value for the price. Definitely something I'll consider revisiting in the future at cost!
32.JPG
Montu has new multi-colored lighting for Summer Nights, which is a nice change from its normal all-white lighting.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:27 am

Looks fantastic!
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby bert425 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:07 am

^^ so does that mean the afternoon (and I suppose, evening) Buffet are no more?

that's a shame, as we thought it was, by far, the best meal & value in the park - and yeah those views are fantastic.

great to see the food options continued the two favorite things we had on the buffet (that spectacular fried chicken, and the chocolate cake) :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!