TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

^Kanye is the GOAT and should always be brought up in discussion if the opportunity presents itself.

Speaking of GOATs, I had a recent discussion with some of the goats taking residence next to MF at CP, they said they love the hospitality.

^Kanye is the GOAT and should always be brought up in discussion if the opportunity presents itself.

Speaking of GOATs, I had a recent discussion with some of the goats taking residence next to MF at CP, they said they love the hospitality.

More of an ass than a goat.

So good to see Crown Colony is reopening. We have gone for the Xmas day buffet for the past 2 years and loved it. The food was great, more than ample, and reasonably priced ($14.99) Plus the addition of a bottle of wine and a view, perfection. Plus what could be better than dinner, walk down the steps and a few paces to Cheetah Hunt or Montu ? (and now Cobra's Curse)

Also glad to hear the Crown is open again...while we have never eaten there, the bar and outdoor patio are a perfect setting for a cocktail or an ice cold beer or two!

^^ That's a rather odd question, but I don't recall seeing any mosquito's at the park. Are you worried about Zika or something?

^ I thought it a rather odd question too, as I was thinking of the food at the park. I've heard of chocolate covered ants, fried crickets, but never mosquitoes. Hmm, maybe a new food concept I wasn't aware of at BGT, The Zika Grille?

But to be serious, I've never noticed any problems the the little nasty biters in the park In all the years I've been going.

They're only bad when you're there after dark in summer when it's dead, which pretty much never happens. There's so many people at the park during summer that the mosquitoes aren't really noticeable. You may get one or two bites, but you won't be swarmed.

How are the mosquitoes at the park?

Actually, I got bitten quite a lot when I was there last summer. Never near the coasters, the two worst areas I noticed was the viewing area by the gorillas and chimps and Curiosity Caverns and occasionally Jambo Junction. However, we were in those areas a lot in the morning so it could be because of that. The chimps area was so bad sometimes I had to run in place to keep them from biting me. Bug spray should help though. Maybe they just like the shadier areas.

BGT really outdid themselves on this one, this coaster looks immaculate. The themeing looks amazing and in my opinion, better then even Makos. I hope this is really the future for the SeaWorld parks because if so, then I think it's in good hands because this coaster looks great. It's nice to see that they put in all this work for a family coaster.

TPR got to go to the Cobra's Curse Media Event today at Busch Gardens in Tampa and it was a TON of fun! This coaster is the perfect addition to the park, almost everyone can ride with a 42 inch height requirement and it is unique and fun enough to keep you coming back for more! The queue is actually a very important part of the ride with lots of theming details, projection mapping and interactive elements. Reptiles are also nearby with a 400-cubic-foot snake exhibit which includes Jameson’s mambas, Angolan pythons and rhinoceros and gaboon vipers! The coaster has a 70 foot vertical lift which is similar to an outdoor elevator. It is a 3:30 ride with a second lift and a freespining second half of the ride at a top speed of 40mph.

Busch Gardens® Tampa puts a spin on family thrills in 2016 with a brand new family thrill ride – Cobra’s Curse. This spin coaster is the only one of its kind in the world, featuring a vertical lift and taking riders on a whirlwind adventure of exciting explorations.

Located in the Egypt area of the park, explorers will come face-to-face with an 80-foot snake icon, trek over the park’s Serengeti Plain® and discover the mysteries of an Egyptian archeological excavation.

“This isn’t your ordinary spin coaster. In true Busch Gardens style, we’re putting a twist on this attraction and taking riders on an unforgettable and exciting journey,” said Busch Gardens Park President Jim Dean. “

“The addition of a family spin coaster complements the selection of thrill rides Busch Gardens offers, and we know it’s an attraction that guests from across the globe will enjoy,” Dean added. “We continue to find new and exciting ways to offer thrills for the entire family, and we know Cobra’s Curse will even further solidify Busch Gardens as Florida’s Thrill Leader.”

Now what you really want to see... onto the photos!

IMG_8769.thumb.JPG.3535b35a4416cc7e5da776a0aa045d82.JPG

Time to check in! These stilt walker cobra dudes are AWESOME!

IMG_8797.thumb.JPG.d7095b1faae6b434a894ba65a1a1c540.JPG

Our first glimpse at the iconic Cobra tower of the ride! This creates interest and excitement in the whole area!

IMG_8773.thumb.JPG.3445229e382f944920b2df5ef3aac097.JPG

Another cobra dude welcomes us into his lair... a fully air conditioned queue!

IMG_8781.thumb.JPG.90defe0eaab6c2ebc2b74b93e5316073.JPG

Super cool use of projection mapping in the queue,

IMG_8786.thumb.JPG.1c2fb7d4626f8a2b665457bb35b546ba.JPG

Uh-Oh! The cobra is mad!

IMG_8791.thumb.JPG.7df018be8757325c4fe80a1f9e77434d.JPG

The station is really nice! It is big, with a moving walkway to help you board and some theming to continue the storyline.

IMG_8792.thumb.JPG.42eb6fa6a98f4be340efe5f864f90350.JPG

The cars are even themed a bit and very comfortable.

IMG_8800.thumb.JPG.1918c48dcf9aa3e780d01758d58be77f.JPG

HUNGRY COBRA EAT COASTER CAR!

IMG_8807.thumb.JPG.d52c73a443f8daf7dd8be9ded8a2ef40.JPG

This is going to be a prime spot for photos!

IMG_8774.thumb.JPG.ffb2590f96e5acf6d158c9dfe0a75792.JPG

No ride is complete without a gift shop and this one has lots of interesting cobra items!

IMG_8775.thumb.JPG.1a3954fc10825b8079a36d9e077d31cc.JPG

They even sell a custom blend wine in a Cobra's Curse commemorative bottle!

IMG_8793.thumb.JPG.3df809913cf3c346fc1f93c448aa4961.JPG

They also have a custom blend on the coke freestyle machine - the Cobra Twist! It tastes like a combo of Fanta Peach with raspberry. Sounds weird, but it is delicious!

IMG_8795.thumb.JPG.d22d3b50b6e60faa0178cd220d0232a8.JPG

They even updated the bathrooms by Montu - find the mirror with this hidden symbol...

IMG_8796.thumb.JPG.729f10c313e33ac53a4f34ed0d4d14fd.JPG

And this appears! How cool is that!

IMG_8828.thumb.JPG.d423232902b1b1e0ea35563e1b8891e2.JPG

Cool concept art of the queue and loading area.

IMG_8825.thumb.JPG.2645b6d6cc72638d3e2af17f91c38cfd.JPG

And a model of the whole ride!

BGTB_CobrasCurse_Logo.thumb.jpg.a4a2e3db5fa92660f984788e6fe2916d.jpg

Cobra's Curse is NOW OPEN at Busch Gardens in Tampa, Florida!