Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 699 - Cobra's Curse Media Day Report and Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:42 pm

CaptainUnknown wrote:How are the mosquitoes at the park?

Actually, I got bitten quite a lot when I was there last summer. Never near the coasters, the two worst areas I noticed was the viewing area by the gorillas and chimps and Curiosity Caverns and occasionally Jambo Junction. However, we were in those areas a lot in the morning so it could be because of that. The chimps area was so bad sometimes I had to run in place to keep them from biting me. Bug spray should help though. Maybe they just like the shadier areas.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:41 pm

^^That's some great news, very good to see footage with riders too in that video!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RCT3Bross » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:46 am

Good to hear this has an openings date. Love the treadmill station, keep it moving.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2017: Efteling, Movie Park, Parque Warner Madrid, PortAventura, Skyline park, Disneyland Paris, Parc Asterix, Phantasialand.
2017 Rides: Star Trek (Movie park), Red Force (Ferrari land), Sky Dragster (Skyline), Pégase Express (Parc Asterix).

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Imagineer Josh » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:58 am

Just a question, is Gwazi still SBNO? Because RCDB says it got removed
Coaster Count - 127
Top 10 Coasters: 1. Voyage - 2. Lightning Rod - 3. X2 - 4. Maverick - 5. Storm Chaser - 6. Twisted Colossus - 7. Goliath (SFGAm) - 8. Magnum XL-200 - 9. Tatsu - 10. Millennium Force
Top 5 Parks: 1. Dollywood - 2. Holiday World - 3. Cedar Point - 4. Universal's Islands of Adventure - 5. Six Flags Magic Mountain

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby djcoastermark » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:52 pm

^ It's still there.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby colinx » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:08 pm

BGT really outdid themselves on this one, this coaster looks immaculate. The themeing looks amazing and in my opinion, better then even Makos. I hope this is really the future for the SeaWorld parks because if so, then I think it's in good hands because this coaster looks great. It's nice to see that they put in all this work for a family coaster.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:34 am

Cobra's Curse is currently in technical rehearsal. I'm in line now. This queue looks really good!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:02 pm

Indy - Snakes! Why did it have to be snakes.

Sol- Mmm, Asps! Very dangerous. You go first.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:55 pm

Looks like they've done a really nice job with themeing the queue line!

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby disneyfan1313 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:03 pm

TPR got to go to the Cobra's Curse Media Event today at Busch Gardens in Tampa and it was a TON of fun! This coaster is the perfect addition to the park, almost everyone can ride with a 42 inch height requirement and it is unique and fun enough to keep you coming back for more! The queue is actually a very important part of the ride with lots of theming details, projection mapping and interactive elements. Reptiles are also nearby with a 400-cubic-foot snake exhibit which includes Jameson’s mambas, Angolan pythons and rhinoceros and gaboon vipers! The coaster has a 70 foot vertical lift which is similar to an outdoor elevator. It is a 3:30 ride with a second lift and a freespining second half of the ride at a top speed of 40mph.

Busch Gardens® Tampa puts a spin on family thrills in 2016 with a brand new family thrill ride – Cobra’s Curse. This spin coaster is the only one of its kind in the world, featuring a vertical lift and taking riders on a whirlwind adventure of exciting explorations.

Located in the Egypt area of the park, explorers will come face-to-face with an 80-foot snake icon, trek over the park’s Serengeti Plain® and discover the mysteries of an Egyptian archeological excavation.

“This isn’t your ordinary spin coaster. In true Busch Gardens style, we’re putting a twist on this attraction and taking riders on an unforgettable and exciting journey,” said Busch Gardens Park President Jim Dean. “

“The addition of a family spin coaster complements the selection of thrill rides Busch Gardens offers, and we know it’s an attraction that guests from across the globe will enjoy,” Dean added. “We continue to find new and exciting ways to offer thrills for the entire family, and we know Cobra’s Curse will even further solidify Busch Gardens as Florida’s Thrill Leader.”

Now what you really want to see... onto the photos!

IMG_8769.JPG
Time to check in! These stilt walker cobra dudes are AWESOME!
IMG_8797.JPG
Our first glimpse at the iconic Cobra tower of the ride! This creates interest and excitement in the whole area!
IMG_8773.JPG
Another cobra dude welcomes us into his lair... a fully air conditioned queue!
IMG_8781.JPG
Super cool use of projection mapping in the queue,
IMG_8786.JPG
Uh-Oh! The cobra is mad!
IMG_8791.JPG
The station is really nice! It is big, with a moving walkway to help you board and some theming to continue the storyline.
IMG_8792.JPG
The cars are even themed a bit and very comfortable.
IMG_8800.JPG
HUNGRY COBRA EAT COASTER CAR!
IMG_8807.JPG
This is going to be a prime spot for photos!
IMG_8774.JPG
No ride is complete without a gift shop and this one has lots of interesting cobra items!
IMG_8775.JPG
They even sell a custom blend wine in a Cobra's Curse commemorative bottle!
IMG_8793.JPG
They also have a custom blend on the coke freestyle machine - the Cobra Twist! It tastes like a combo of Fanta Peach with raspberry. Sounds weird, but it is delicious!
IMG_8795.JPG
They even updated the bathrooms by Montu - find the mirror with this hidden symbol...
IMG_8796.JPG
And this appears! How cool is that!
IMG_8828.JPG
Cool concept art of the queue and loading area.
IMG_8825.JPG
And a model of the whole ride!
BGTB_CobrasCurse_Logo.jpg
Cobra's Curse is NOW OPEN at Busch Gardens in Tampa, Florida!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!