Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 536: May 28 update on Falcon's Fury delay
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Thai Hedrick

Postby CTU Agent » Mon May 26, 2008 6:52 pm

Yeah, my only time to go is when it's packed. And it's a great way to hit up every ride and still have time to enjoy other aspects of the park. I love Fast Pass/Flash Pass and I'm sure I will love this. Heck, I don't know how I could enjoy going to some parks with systems like these. Now how much longer until all major parks have a system like this? I hope it's sooner than later.

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Mon May 26, 2008 7:00 pm

ParkTrips wrote:Why wait 30 mins if you can wait 5? More rides, less time just standing around in the heat... this makes me happy

While I think it is a really good move for Busch to finally get system like this, I think it is a drawback that you might not get to pick your row on some rides. That bugs me about how some of the rides at Six Flags are set up, but then again I'm obviously a coaster enthusiast and am more picky about where I sit than your average park guest.

Then again, I've visited BGA multiple times, so I'm not a first time visitor who really wants to get in every single attraction on a crowded day. This could be a big advantage for visitors like that.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Busch Gardens Tampa new coaster?

Postby justint87 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:05 am

I couldn't find another topic about it using the search so I apologize if its posted somewhere else. Information have been coming up all over the web about it.

Of course this could just be a children coaster but you never know.

Go to the Tampa government permit website and type in project number 336758 and a permit comes up with this description:

"SITE:CONST 4 BLDGS,ROLLER COASTER,SITE DEMO"

https://www.tampagov.net/webapps/default.aspx?page_id=10

Express Permits Service

Project: 336758
Site Address: 3000 E BUSCH BLVD 1-2 Area Map & Driving Directions
PIN Number: A-21-28-19-449-000000-000400
Owner Name: BUSCH, ENTERTAINMENT CORP
Type: NEW CONSTRUCTION - NON-RESIDENTIAL Status: PROJECT NEW, OR HAS NO ACTIVE PERMITS
Description: SITE:CONST 4 BLDGS,ROLLER COASTER,SITE DEMO
Notice Of Commencement: NOT REQUIRED Comments: PROJECT HOLD PHLD

roller91

Postby roller91 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:14 am

Could this be where some of that B&M track is going

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:18 am

Just read about this on Screamscape. Lance seems to think this isn't for Seasame Street, but I'm not quite sure why he thinks that.

I’ve also heard a rumor that those previously plans have been been cancelled instead, as the public wouldn’t have been fooled so much by a re-paint of the old Dragon area as a Sesame Street land, and the reaction to the entirely brand new area created at the Williamsburg page has been very positive by contrast.

To which my obvious thought would be: Okay then, they're going to put in Seasame Street as a whole new area and keep Land of the Dragons, too. Yet he leaps right to the idea of a whole new (adult) coaster, and I'm not sure why.

/Wishful thinking, perhaps?
Erik Allen Elness

Marching band is for awkward kids.

Postby fisher1095 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:21 am

roller91 wrote:Could this be where some of that B&M track is going

The red track sitting at the Ohio plant?... No, that's going to Carowinds.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:23 am

Florida still needs a B&M Hyper...

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:27 am

^ Do states have requirements for that?

Florida demands a B&M Hyper! Make it so!

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:28 am

^I wish. ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:28 am

Electerik wrote:Just read about this on Screamscape. Lance seems to think this isn't for Seasame Street, but I'm not quite sure why he thinks that.

I’ve also heard a rumor that those previously plans have been been cancelled instead, as the public wouldn’t have been fooled so much by a re-paint of the old Dragon area as a Sesame Street land, and the reaction to the entirely brand new area created at the Williamsburg page has been very positive by contrast.

To which my obvious thought would be: Okay then, they're going to put in Seasame Street as a whole new area and keep Land of the Dragons, too. Yet he leaps right to the idea of a whole new (adult) coaster, and I'm not sure why.

/Wishful thinking, perhaps?

That's just the coaster enthusiast coming out in him. ;)

Florida still needs a B&M Hyper...

Florida needs a good Intamin. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!