Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Discussion Thread

Postby bgeguy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:21 pm

If you look at the layout again, you can see a large section of track over the grazing area at the stables. They recently changed it to "Animal Connections" and I'm thinking that this may be only be temporary, and that the stables may be going bye-bye.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Brad » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:22 pm

televisedconfession wrote:I think the Furius Baco style ride is very plausible, considering the style of the old Monorail Station it's supposed to be held in. It'd be perfect. Though, I hope Intamin have improved the trains, as I heard it's a bit shaky on the outside seat, but that's hard to avoid.

A bit shaky is an understatement. That thing shakes the absolute crap out of you. For everyone's sake, I hope this is a regular Intamin launched coaster (and I'm hoping for at least one hydraulic launch).

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby kongker » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Very exciting!

The (proposed) layout looks insane. Should be a winner. I completely forgot about the "think outside the box" statement from Robb. Sounds like a reference to B&M's signature box-frame track spine.. I guess we'll see. ;)

Anyone have word on Gwazi's re-tracking & alleged new trains? There was the one pic of the (covered/borrowed) Millennium Flyer train on the transfer track a while back, but nothing since. Not even in any of the recent Trip Reports.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:32 pm

To throw some more weight on the BGT/Hersheypark connection...where do you think those GCI Trains on Gwazi came from?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:38 pm

^And the plot thickens!!

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

Spills and Fails, daily.

Postby themeparkologist » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Wait! Two hydrolic launches?!?! That would mean it would have to stop to do the second and have a TON of down time. Maybe we're looking at a LIM/LSM coaster. Does this sound possible?

Or an Aquatrax assuming this is a legit blueprint.
Some people are like slinkies. They aren't really good for much but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:00 pm

^There's no way on this planet or the next that there would ever be two hydraulic launches on the same coaster. If it's going to incorporate multiple launches, it's going to be done with LSMs.

Also, can I just say the Aquatrax theory is the most overused theory in the history of coaster rumors? I wouldn't have been surprised if someone would have speculated that SFMM's Dance Coaster was going to be an Aquatrax AFTER it was announced.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:03 pm

I think we are going to get a Wingrider type ride as well. A Maverick type coaster is what I want but I'm feeling this Wingrider type of car. I know Robb Thought Baco was good, any of you other guys ride it?

I am still jealous of Virginia.

Spills and Fails, daily.

Postby themeparkologist » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:03 pm

^^Yes that's what I meant by the first statement and the one following. But, couldn't it be done with LIMs as well?
Some people are like slinkies. They aren't really good for much but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Did Medusa in the front and back

Postby atem122 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:10 pm

themeparkologist wrote:^^Yes that's what I meant by the first statement and the one following. But, couldn't it be done with LIMs as well?

While it could be LIMs, Intamin's more recent non-hydraulic launch coasters have mainly been done with LSMs. LSMs seem to be a hot ticket right now from a lot of manufacturers, so if this is a legit layout pic, then I'd be surprised if they used something other than LSMs to launch it.

(Not to say that it can't happen though)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!