Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Rocker_Dude » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:25 am

How are people going to hold themselves back on the drop when it holds you. It will be uncomfortable because your going to be jammed up on the seatbelt and the restraint. Then when they get the pain complaints Griffon will have better reviews. And they will change back to non-floorless seating. But Im not going on Shiekra until I hear from someone that its really fun floorless. To me it make no difference at all. And there goes Kraken's record for being the only floorless in Florida. Now in my opinion they need to make Hulk floorless. That would be awesome.

GRIFFON SUCKS!!!!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:51 am

^Your opinion has been duly noted and logged and will be dealt with in an appropriate manner.

BANTRONNED

Postby CK Media » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:57 am

Maybe I should go to Busch Gardens this year. I've only gone as a kid and never went on ANY rides. :(

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:58 am

Rocker_Dude wrote:GRIFFON SUCKS!!!!

Well, at least that's one less person I have to worry about in line.

...anyway, it looks like Griffon will be the only floorless Dive coaster for about 3 weeks or so. :lolr:

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:41 am

SharkTums wrote:Hey I'm impressed they're making the change in less than three weeks! That's really amazing when you think about it!

Same here. That'd be like 3 months converted to Six Flags time. :P

And to any of those who might still believe this is a bad move. Yes, I'm sure the #11th ranked steel coaster in the world will suffer tremendously from losing its floor. :roll:

Rocker_Dude wrote:Now in my opinion they need to make Hulk floorless.

No. No they don't.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Alexander Nagel » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:39 am

SharkTums wrote:Hey I'm impressed they're making the change in less than three weeks! That's really amazing when you think about it!

I trend to disagree...I mean three weeks is about the amount of time it would take to tear down and rebuilt the trains anyways. That's basically what they are more or less doing. They will just be using a new frame. And i'm sure they will be reusing the wheel chassis just with the added wheel guards that are the norm on floor-less coasters.

I think most of the time spend on this will be in the station, which i'd think would be done by contacted work anyways.

I don't really see this as pointless as far as the ride experience goes. But I also don't really see why they are spending the money to do this though, cause it does seem a waste of money on there part. Personally I don't see why they didn't just do it in 20-30 years when new trains are needed anyways. So I guess i'm contradicting myself but my basic thought is that it's cool they are doing, but it seem like a waste of money on THEIR half but not a waste on OUR half.

One time I ate pancakes

Postby Mr. Volcano » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:18 pm

I believe I see myself in that edited shot of SheiKra's trains... cool. Anyways... I didn't know what to think of this at first, I kindof thought it was lame, and the more I thought of it the drops will be different without the floor.

On the other hand I wonder why they didn't do it in the first place, maybe they intended to but wanted to see how the ride would run first and then take the floors out later, oh well this will be cool I hope, will still miss putting my feet out in front of the bars on the drop though. :roll:

-Justin

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:45 pm

Wow....I just realized how awesome it will be to go into that water splash with out a floor beneath you.....that will be awesome!!!!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

KOOL

Postby elbertivory2006 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:26 am

I never rode Sheikra yet and I live 20 mins from Tampa. I am thrilled to hear about the coaster change. Funny thing is I already designed a replica of Sheikra on RCT3 with floorless cars about a month ago.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby haydawg149 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:15 pm

Maybe they should just have two with floors, and two without, that way the GP and YOU have a decision to make before you ride. Sheikra with a floor, or without.

I rode Sheikra last year, and I loved it. I think this will make it scarier being able to dangle you feet, 5 ft. above the IMMENSE track.

Lets stop whining shall we. Griffon will get a month of recognition, aight! :p

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!