Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 814: Record-breaking RMC hybrid coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:04 pm

^ Wow...the whole area is really taking shape pretty quickly.

I'm hopeful that this ends up being one of the better B&Ms, but even if it's not, I think the whole 'package' looks good.

I don't mean to sound negative or anything, but a lot of the B&M's built in the last 5 years just don't have that "WOW!!!" factor that rides like Montu, Kumba, Dragons, Nemesis, etc, have.

--Robb "I'm hoping that this is one of the better ones!" Alvey

Coaster Berry

Postby coasters 4 me » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:35 pm

well, it is definately going to be better than Oblivion and G5 in Tiawan.

I agree on that, they arent that good as the ones about 5 years ago, but intamin seems to be competing against them and building more and better coasters. I wonder if B&M will build a 400ft coaster?

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby CoasterEricHP » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:12 pm

I agree on that, they arent that good as the ones about 5 years ago, but intamin seems to be competing against them and building more and better coasters. I wonder if B&M will build a 400ft coaster?[/quote]

I remember reading something once that B&M doesn't see a reason to go above the 300 foot mark. I'm sure once a park wants it and has the pockets deep enough to pay for it they will without hesitation! I wonder how much a 300 foot B&M would cost compared to Intamin... Anyone know how much did NITRO cost?

The Immelman looks HUGE. I was amazed at the Carousel curve when I saw it back in Jan. Have to get back there soon.

What kind of restraint system does this use?

Eric

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:15 pm

Ok im gonna ask, does anyone know when its suppose to open. The park site says in May but Im planning on going the weekend before memorial day and I would be soo pissed if its not open yet...

Jarvis "officially taking coaster trips this year ( 3 states (one visited twice), 2 countries, 11 parks, one person!)" Morant
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:17 pm

I am confident to say May 1st now, according to BGTGuide, SheiKra's circuit should be complete next Friday, then after that, they have about a month to test and put in the theming.

Cant wait til the 1st, not only is SheiKra opening, but it is 2 days before my 16th birthday 8) !
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:06 pm

UPDATE- 2/25/05

http://www.bgtguide.com/

The 2nd drop is completed and now the first drop is being worked on. Expect this thing to be done next Friday, all there is left to do is the ending helix, drop, and MCBR. But the 2nd drop isn't exactly vertical, nor does it look like 87.5 degrees. Oh well, check it out anyways.
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Coaster Berry

Postby coasters 4 me » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:17 am

so is the first drop 90 degrees?
WOW! thats going to be cool!

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:22 am

I think B&M should make a 400 foot drop coaster. That would be awesome!

Randomness Rules

Postby jonathan h » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:05 am

I doubt that will ever happen. B&M have this thing about launched coasters or building coasters over 300ft high. Shame really. If anything it gives Intamin the advantage in the market for high and fast coasters.

Sanity is Overrated

Postby Shadowforce » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:17 am

jonathan h wrote:I doubt that will ever happen. B&M have this thing about launched coasters or building coasters over 300ft high. Shame really. If anything it gives Intamin the advantage in the market for high and fast coasters.

May I ask you, is the three current highest rollercoasters, Top Thrill Dragster, Kingda Ka and Superman the Escape, by any means the best coasters? I'd rather have B&M return to their roots and build awesome intense coaster, perhaps only 13 m. of the ground, rather than those huge one-trick ponnies.

Or is that just me? :)

You must also consider that working as high up as for example Top Thrill Dragster, you are much more in danger of errors. I've personally never heard anyone going to Holiday Park and saying that Expedition GeForce was out the entire day with no excuses from staff...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!