Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 840: Howl-O-Scream 2019 Opening Night report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby Porsmond » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:45 pm

I know its probably too early still, but has anyone heard anything about a possible/rough opening date?? because it looks like I will be going to Florida next year(woohoo,cant wait) but when I discussed it with my mum tonight, it looks like we might be going end of April into Early May, the rough dates we have picked out at the moment are 28th April to 7th or 8th May(so I know I might be cutting the opening day really fine) I tryed to see if we could go a little later in the year but my mum finds it difficult to get holidays booked in Late May/June due to the nature of her work and we wouldnt really want to go in July/August as its usually way too hot, and too busy at the parks(I know what its like before in the past on those months, never again)
Oh well, will just have to keep my fingers crossed I guess. At least I will still have plenty of new stuff to look forward too anyway, Manta at SeaWorld,aquatica, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at universal, and Harry Potter land I suppose,Bring it on :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:57 pm

^All I can tell you is that a rumored Oct 13th announcement date is floating around right now. With that announcement we may get a better idea of the time frame, though I'm sure they'll just say Spring 2011.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:03 pm

^^ Most US parks will target "Memorial Day Weekend" for the official opening of new attractions and sometimes the couple of weeks before then for "soft opening" or technical rehersal. If you are only here until May 8th, there's probably a good chance you'll just miss it.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:36 pm

chadster wrote:Sweet Tweet! For some odd nerdy reason, I would love to take a plant tour of the track manufacturing process. From raw form, to waterjet/laser cutting, weldings, finshing/painting, and finally, riding it (when it's put together of course)

Wasn't there a show on nat geo that featured footage from the B&M plant in Ohio? I agree that it would be neat if they'd show more of the actual manufacturing process in future documentaries,not just the construction footage.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby justint87 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Busch Gardens updated their 2011 attraction site where when the correct code is put in, a video clip will be shown. The first video is out and has a POV of part of the ride.

www.buschgardens2011.com/

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:01 pm

^Uh, that link takes you to Go Daddy. :?r

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:02 pm

That link just goes to a GoDaddy hosting site. I guess they're having problems? Or is this a me-specific thing?
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:04 pm

Not anymore guys! There is a teaser video showing a launch section which appears to be right after the figure eight turn at the beginning of the ride, going towards Rhino Rally. The code is CHASE, for those of you who don't know.
www.buschgardens2011.com/
Last edited by jjune4991 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:00 pm.

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby justint87 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:05 pm

coasterfreak101 wrote:That link just goes to a GoDaddy hosting site. I guess they're having problems? Or is this a me-specific thing?

It took me to GoDaddy as well when I clicked on their link from Facebook but when I type it into the search bar and made sure I included the "www." part, it seems to work. A lot of people seemed to be having the same problems based on their comments on Facebook.

My transgendered dreams have come true!!!

Postby Mr. Starr » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:07 pm

It works for me. For everyone wondering, the first "code" is CHASE. It leads you to an awesome video of the coaster in action! :b Seriously, this is going to be awesome, looks like launches, tunnels, bridges, deep ravines, and the track is a nice green color =)

nathan c stark is a bunghole

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!