TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Part 26 - More time at Tokyo DisneySEA!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Postby bert425 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:18 pm

coasterbill wrote:Am I the only one who can’t see any of these photos? They all show a plain white outline box for me and text that says “image”. It’s like that on the full site and mobile site (on my phone).

It’s only this thread for some reason.

what browser are you using? maybe that's it? I use Firefox, and have no issues seeing the pics either at home, or on my Work computer.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:29 pm

Firefox for mobile. That’s weird, I’ve never had an issue with it and it’s only this thread but it’s also not a very popular browser so it’s really a non issue. I blew the dust off of safari and it worked. Sorry for bringing that up now that I realized the issue since I’m pretty sure it’s an issue limited to me and like six other people. :lol:

Great report! Japan sounds amazing. The way the recovered so quickly from that earthquake is seriously impressive.

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Can testify that the Dotonbori wheel/oval was running in mid-April when I was out there, bummer it was down for you guys though. :?r

Still, if I find myself back in Osaka, I wouldn't mind checking out those smaller parks since they flew under my radar last time.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby grimby » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:56 pm

bert425 wrote:this was a fantastic update, and the post Earthquake picture is BRILLIANT.

and wow, that Yakiniku restaurant looks fantastic. I've had sorta-similar Korean meal like this, but never a Japanese one. Will have to look if I have anything near me like this to try..

Fun fact: It's the same thing. It is actually Korean BBQ, Japanese people call it 韓国のバーベキュー. Basically Korean BBQ
Yakiniku just translates into "grilled meat". You can see on the tables in the pics there is some diced radish kimchi.

Korean food has become very popular in Japan over the last 10 years.

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:20 pm

Seeing the Shinkansen footage (with AWESOME clarity!) brings back some GREAT memories. I need to get back to Japan!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:22 pm

coasterbill wrote:Am I the only one who can’t see any of these photos? They all show a plain white outline box for me and text that says “image”. It’s like that on the full site and mobile site (on my phone).

It’s only this thread for some reason.

It must be because all the photos are linked to Twitter. But I assume based on all the comments the problem is on your end.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:40 am

bert425 wrote:
and wow, that Yakiniku restaurant looks fantastic. I've had sorta-similar Korean meal like this, but never a Japanese one. Will have to look if I have anything near me like this to try.

gyu kaku is very good and have a lot of locations around the nation. but yes, this is Japanese and not KBBQ. they both have grills, but imo, that's where a comparison stops. :)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:46 am

jtaudioacc wrote:gyu kaku is very good and have a lot of locations around the nation. but yes, this is Japanese and not KBBQ. they both have grills, but imo, that's where a comparison stops. :)

Agreed, I've had so many people look at our pictures from Gyu-Kaku and say "Oh, I have a Korean BBQ near me!" but that's not even the same thing at all. Not even close, IMO. That's like seeing someone with a bowl of rice in Japan and going "Oh, I have a Chinese food place near me." I think people sometimes don't understand that Asian food is very VERY different from culture to culture.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Afterburner » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:35 am

coasterbill wrote:Firefox for mobile. That’s weird, I’ve never had an issue with it and it’s only this thread but it’s also not a very popular browser so it’s really a non issue. I blew the dust off of safari and it worked. Sorry for bringing that up now that I realized the issue since I’m pretty sure it’s an issue limited to me and like six other people. :lol:

I've also had problems seeing this thread on my laptop, were I use Firefox, but it works fine on my phone, where I use chrome. I've also noticed embedding issues with Twitter on other sites when I use Firefox, but apparently it works fine for other people? :shrug:

Anyway, this whole trip looks amazing. Even without the parks, Japan looks like a place I could explore for weeks and never get bored.

Postby bert425 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:26 am

robbalvey wrote: I think people sometimes don't understand that Asian food is very VERY different from culture to culture.

the only solution, is that I have to go to Japan to try all this food :)

starts a Japan-savings-account for an eventual trip. . maybe next year!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!