TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Part 26 - More time at Tokyo DisneySEA!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Re: TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Postby RCjunkie » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:16 am

Hey Robb, can you drop some of your retro game knowledge and explain the ATARI 2800 Centipede cartridge? Did they name it 2800 instead of 2600 because it was a Japanese system or was this just a later updated reiteration of the 2600?

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Looty » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:56 am

I’m headed to Tokyo in a month. How feasible would it be to do Yomiuriland, Cosmoworld and Sea Paradise in 1 day?

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby hauntguy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:54 pm

Dammit!

Why can't California be Japan? I mean, we have a crapload of earthquakes, too. So why can't we be as cool as them?

I don't think there is a single person in Japan asking why Japan can't be California...

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:20 pm

^^ Looty, I managed to get to all three in a day but it wasn't feasible to get all rides in...are you asking how feasible to ride everything?
That would be a fun challenge and I would take you up on that if I was back in Japan soon!

hauntguy wrote:Why can't California be Japan?
I don't think there is a single person in Japan asking why Japan can't be California...

Japan doesn't want to deal with California and the nonsense that everyone deals with there... :lmao:
Not to mention Japan loves fireworks and many other hobbies that are banned in California. CA is not making people happier, Japan is.
Last edited by Hoppy on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:25 pm.
Roller Coasters, Fireworks, and Kobe Beef, oh my!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:24 pm

REGISTER for our forum to leave a comment!

Click HERE for an index of all our Japan 2018 Trip Updates

Follow our LIVE updates on Twitter and Instagram Stories!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 12 & 13 - It was time for us head out of Tokyo and down to Osaka. Don't worry, we will be back to Tokyo again later in this trip... we still have MORE Tokyo Disney (which is awesome!) In fact, technically the "official" trip hasn't even started yet as everything to this date has been the pre-trip stuff we've been doing.

Our days in Osaka have been exciting so far considering we were on a train platform when the earthquake hit and even as someone who grew up with quakes in Southern California that quake hit HARD! That being said that, for the most part other than some train delays it didn't impact our day too much and everywhere we went everything was business as usual. Onto some photos & videos...

Today TPR is heading out of Tokyo (but don’t worry, we’ll be back) for some time in the Osaka and Nagoya areas of Japan! We will miss this Shinagawa location though as it is one of our favorites in Tokyo! Follow along for the next part of our adventure!

Kristen is giving her speech on Japanese etiquette to our TPR Japan trip participants! This is the first time she’s addressed the group on one of our trips! I am very proud of her and hope she continues doing this so I can retire early!

Time to get on a bullet train and head to Osaka!

Our first Shinkansen of the trip! This bullet train will travel at top speeds of about 170mph going to Osaka today! We will cover 546km in about 2 1/2 hours and that includes 6 stops along the way!

Happy to be back on a Japanese bullet train!

They are so smooth & quiet! You can sit back, relax, fall asleep, play Nintendo and enjoy one of the best travel experiences you’ll ever have!

How many of you wish you could be on this train?

We just got to Universal City Walk!

Our first stop is this amazing take-out Gyoza place! So good for being a “take out window!”

For our TPR Japan Trip “Welcome Dinner” we are introducing our trip participants to the wonders of Yakiniku!

Amazing Japanese BBQ!

Japanese BBQ is soooo good!

This place is in City Walk at Universal Japan! We highly recommend it!

Our master BBQ tables at the TPR Japan welcome dinner!

These guys are turning Japanese BBQ into an art form!

The elevator at the Universal Japan Port Hotel terrifies me!!!

We came out to Dotonbori tonight but the weird Ferris Wheel is closed!

Do any of our local Osaka followers have any idea if it has run recently?

I wonder where that train is going?

This is by far the best “Women Only” train I’ve ever seen in Japan!

We just felt an awesome jolt of a 5.9 earthquake in Osaka! Being originally from Southern California this brought back some “interesting” memories!

And not only are the trains moving in Osaka 20 minutes after that earthquake but they are already fixing the very minor damage they had here in the station. Again, this is why I love this country!!!

This is how amazing Japan is... This random guy approached one of us, gave us a bag of drinks and snacks he bought for us, apologized about the train delays & the earthquake, & wished us safe travels once the trains are back in regular service. I :lover: this country!

We are currently on our way to Misaki Park! Hopefully the roller coasters will be open today after the earthquake!

We see the park off on the distance!

Our first coaster of the day at Misaki Park was this bizarre looking Wild Mouse ride!

It wasn’t thrilling really, but it was WEIRD!!!

The park allowed us adults to take over the “Child Coaster”...

...but we had to ride in a very unusual way! Side-saddle!

We ended our quick visit to Misaki Park with a ride on the Jet Coaster. The park claims this is the second oldest coaster in Japan. We had a great time riding it!

It was a shorter visit to Misaki Park today due to the earthquake but we made it & had a great time! Parks like this bring out the child in all of us!

We are back on the train heading to our second park! I love that this train was still on time and efficient considering there was the earthquake this morning and we aren’t that far from Osaka.

Our next park was Adventure World! Arriving a bit later than expected due to the earthquake, but we made it!

We made it over to the “Big Adventure” coaster in plenty of time before it was going to close.

The “Pandafull Coaster” was adorable! Not that thrilling, but again another unique “Wild Mouse” style coaster that we rode today!

Yes, we even took a ride on the powered coaster at Adventure World! (Its themed to bees... we think!)

In the “never in America” department Adventure World has penguins in this pond area you can just walk right up and look at.

Everyone respects the animals and doesn’t try to touch or pick them up.

And of course it wouldn’t be a Japanese amusement park without a giant Ferris Wheel!

We had a short but fun visit to Adventure World today! Even with the earthquake we still managed to get in everything we wanted to do today! A lot of thanks goes to how efficient and amazing Japan is!

We had a pretty crazy day today! We experienced a 6.1 Earthquake very close to the epicenter, but was fortunate the trains we needed out of Osaka were not delayed too long and we made it to two theme parks today! Was great to see how well Japan handled this situation!

Now, POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!! After all, we took the time to write this report, the least you can do is post something nice about it! :P

Click HERE for Part Fourteen of our TPR 2018 Japan Trip!
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:29 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:33 pm

this was a fantastic update, and the post Earthquake picture is BRILLIANT.

and wow, that Yakiniku restaurant looks fantastic. I've had sorta-similar Korean meal like this, but never a Japanese one. Will have to look if I have anything near me like this to try.

of course, my takeaway is that I now want a "Panda-Mouse" coaster car in my living room.

(my Spouse would never let me buy one to have, but he can't take away my *want* for one).
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Hoppy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:35 pm

I love Osaka and the fact you had a few days there plus went to quirky Misaki Park and Adventure World makes it a win-win stop. Gosh I miss my travels all over Japan and the Shinkansen definitely made life MUCH BETTER with travel to and fro. I love how efficient Japan is even with an Earthquake to boot!
Last edited by Hoppy on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:36 pm.
Roller Coasters, Fireworks, and Kobe Beef, oh my!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby hauntguy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:35 pm

So Robb, you were in a train station and experienced Disaster! ...starring you!

Was it better than Orlando's?

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:00 pm

The earthquake story is amazing. I'm not sure how big 5.9 is--we do have earthquakes in Missouri but I've never experienced one bigger than 3.0. 5.9 sounds like a big deal. To have them just shake it off and get things running so quickly is astonishing.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:14 pm

Am I the only one who can’t see any of these photos? They all show a plain white outline box for me and text that says “image”. It’s like that on the full site and mobile site (on my phone).

It’s only this thread for some reason.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!